Thread: What makes unalienable rights “unalienable?”

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Default What makes unalienable rights “unalienable?”

What makes unalienable rights “unalienable?”

“We hold these truths to be self evident, that all Men are created equal and endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, and among these rights are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

The second paragraph of our Declaration Of Independence says it all. It reminds us all that without a “creator” there is no such thing as unalienable rights. Thus, our entire concept of rights being incapable of being taken away is only secured by a belief in a creator of all Men, as all members of the human race without regard for sex. It was those words that ended slavery and incorporated “All Men” into the concept of unalienable rights without regard for race or creed, but the concept of a creator is in and of itself unalienable to have the unalienable power to guarantee unalienable rights to all Men. Otherwise, all Men would have to rely on human government for any guarantee of any rights, an exercise in futility to say the least.

Thus, to deny the “creator” is to deny any logical concept of unalienable rights. Think about that before you vote. Who among our politicians holds the concept of a creator as being a self evident truth? Who among our politicians holds the concept of all Men being created equal as an endowment of our creator? Who among our politicians holds America’s founding principles as “truths.” Who are the real traditional Americans? Who are America’s true patriots? If we know our history, we know the answers to all of those questions.
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Post:

Truth Detector (07-15-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,183 Times in 13,933 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

So you are telling us the Founding Fathers, a good number who were deists and agnostics, and who went out of their way to purposely separate Church and State, equated your 21st Century image of God with their understanding of "Creator?"

I do believe they are referring to Locke here and his concept of natural rights, Platonic concepts existing in nature before and after man, notice they didn't specify God, rather "Creator," never implying the two were the same

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Bill (07-14-2019), Phantasmal (07-15-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    So you are telling us the Founding Fathers, a good number who were deists and agnostics, and who went out of their way to purposely separate Church and State, equated your 21st Century image of God with their understanding of "Creator?"

I do believe they are referring to Locke here and his concept of natural rights, Platonic concepts existing in nature before and after man, notice they didn't specify God, rather "Creator," never implying the two were the same
    And Locke's "natural rights" are guaranteed by who? Men only have two choices for identifying the source of their rights. Their creator, or their government. The former instituted in all law is a guarantee of unalienable rights superior to human government. "In god we trust" on our money, symbolism of the Ten Commandments in our courts of law. Congress's opening prayers before every session. These are America's traditions and values. These were the agreed foundation for a "more perfect government." I think it's absurd to insinuate anything differently. Most all men are at least agnostic much of the time, the founders were no different. Still they knew their rights were justified and guaranteed by a power more powerful and just than humankind. Call it God, or nature, or another superior dimension, or intelligent design, but without it, you're left with government and a trust for only the insane.
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Post:

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,183 Times in 13,933 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    And Locke's "natural rights" are guaranteed by who? Men only have two choices for identifying the source of their rights. Their creator, or their government. The former instituted in all law is a guarantee of unalienable rights superior to human government. "In god we trust" on our money, symbolism of the Ten Commandments in our courts of law. Congress's opening prayers before every session. These are America's traditions and values. These were the agreed foundation for a "more perfect government." I think it's absurd to insinuate anything differently. Most all men are at least agnostic much of the time, the founders were no different. Still they knew their rights were justified and guaranteed by a power more powerful and just than humankind. Call it God, or nature, or another superior dimension, or intelligent design, but without it, you're left with government and a trust for only the insane.
    They preexisted man, guess you missed the Platonic reference, part of the natural world, Locke didn't say God given, nor did the Founding Fathers, you are defining "creator" in terms of your current religious understanding

Why does your God take precedent over another's image of God?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

domer76 (07-14-2019), Phantasmal (07-15-2019)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

“We hold these truths to be self evident, that all Men are created equal and endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, and among these rights are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

The second paragraph of our Declaration Of Independence says it all. It reminds us all that without a “creator” there is no such thing as unalienable rights. Thus, our entire concept of rights being incapable of being taken away is only secured by a belief in a creator of all Men, as all members of the human race without regard for sex. It was those words that ended slavery and incorporated “All Men” into the concept of unalienable rights without regard for race or creed, but the concept of a creator is in and of itself unalienable to have the unalienable power to guarantee unalienable rights to all Men. Otherwise, all Men would have to rely on human government for any guarantee of any rights, an exercise in futility to say the least.

Thus, to deny the “creator” is to deny any logical concept of unalienable rights. Think about that before you vote. Who among our politicians holds the concept of a creator as being a self evident truth? Who among our politicians holds the concept of all Men being created equal as an endowment of our creator? Who among our politicians holds America’s founding principles as “truths.” Who are the real traditional Americans? Who are America’s true patriots? If we know our history, we know the answers to all of those questions.
    It's certainly not Trump.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

No God has ever guaranteed any rights. That's entirely up to us.

RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Let's correct some mistakes here.

(1) We are governed by a secular Constitution, so our rights are governed by the paper.

(2) All Founders except Jefferson, Franklin, Allen, and Paine were nominally Christian, from incredibly passive like Morris and Washington and Madison to neo-evangelical yahoos like Patrick Henry and John Jay.

We the People guarantee our rights as Trump is going to find out.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

The government.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,286 Times in 10,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

All rights are alienable. And the words about men being equal and possessing rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness were lies before the ink was dry.

Gullible dumbfuck.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not until 1956...

I think you ask a very good question..

SO how is it guaranteed & what does guaranteed actually mean for citizens??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Not until 1956...

I think you ask a very good question..

SO how is it guaranteed & what does guaranteed actually mean for citizens??
    https://constitutioncenter.org/learn...ou-can-keep-it
    Nothing is guaranteed. Franklin answered what did they make in the Constitutional Convention "A republic if you can keep it." It was an admittance that it was at risk.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

Bill (07-14-2019), Phantasmal (07-15-2019)

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They preexisted man,
    What preexisted man, unalienable rights? Preexisted man by what authority?

guess you missed the Platonic reference, part of the natural world,
    “Natural world” as created by? Did Plato identify the creator?

Locke didn't say God given, nor did the Founding Fathers, you are defining "creator" in terms of your current religious understanding.
    On the contrary! How do you know who, or if I even believe in a “god?” Did I mention a god aside from leaving that identity to others?

I’m simply arguing that our founders most apparently agreed that “unalienable” rights are “endowed” i.e. “guaranteed” by a higher power than mankind. How we identify that higher power is absolutely determined by how we as individuals determine “WHO” i.e. “WHAT” that higher power is.

Why does your God take precedent over another's image of God?
    Why have you made that determination?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Post:

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    It's certainly not Trump.

OK child, you're on record about that.

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    No God has ever guaranteed any rights. That's entirely up to us.

Leftist believe Men are the universe's "HIGHEST" power, right? That's why leftist should never, ever control the seats of any governance anywhere. They have zero principles, conscience or integrity, they're simply power lusting tyrants!

21. The Following User Groans At Robo For This Awful Post:

Phantasmal (07-15-2019)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Post:

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

There is no "separation clause" in the Constitution you dullard.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.