Thread: This pizza is so spicy only 12 people have finished it

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,493 Times in 9,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Default This pizza is so spicy only 12 people have finished it

I'll pass on this challenge?!!

Papa Pancho makes a pizza topped with bhut jolokia (AKA ghost peppers) and it's so spicy, you have to sign a waiver before eating it! Try it if you dare in Edison, New Jersey.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...-it/vi-AAE8q70

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

i could do this.

i should be number 13.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

anonymoose (07-17-2019), Minister of Truth (07-13-2019)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I'm coming to get you View Post
    i could do this.

i should be number 13.
    We would all love to watch you do it. I recently ate 5 wings in a Carolina Reaper sauce at 1.5 million skovilles. Hurt like a bitch.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,525 Times in 52,742 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

How do you guys eat that stuff? When I make pizza, I put jalapenos on Mr. Owl's half and onions on mine. Once in a while I'll accidentally get a bit of jalapeno on mine. My throat tries to close up, and I can't taste anything for an hour afterwards, even with washing it down with milk. And that's just a bit of jalapeno. I have the same reaction to other spicy stuff. ???

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

honestly not to humble brag, but I think people overrate the intensity of spicy food. at a certain level, it's just knowing not to freak out and embrace the sting. it's not that bad.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,605 Times in 9,276 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm coming to get you View Post
    honestly not to humble brag, but I think people overrate the intensity of spicy food. at a certain level, it's just knowing not to freak out and embrace the sting. it's not that bad.
    Wait till you're older,you'll find out!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

signalmankenneth (07-14-2019)

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

I used to work for a guy who was a hot food fanatic.

One Saturday after an installation job, he took the crew and the sales exec who handled the account to lunch at a restaurant and bar located in the local Jai Alai fronton.

They had this specialty called "The Red Rooster". Basically, it was a saltine cracker with a glob of horseradish paste, a pile of sliced jalepeños, crushed red pepper flakes and some kind of hot sauce that supposedly could make your nose hairs catch fire.

Just for fun, he got one for everybody and dared them to try it. Most of the guys took one bite and started gasping for air and guzzling cold beer. One of them had to run to the can because snot was coming out of his nose. Then he told Gary the sales exec who was known to be a radical SOB, he'd give him $200 if he could eat like two or three of them. Maybe it was four, I don't remember.

Anyway, he did it. They said he turned redder than a beet and started sweating like a roast pig. He said later that, after he got the first one down, he couldn't even feel the rest.

He collected his $200 on the way home, but told me he spent the rest of the weekend sitting on the toilet in agony.

Because of course, when it comes out, it's still just as hot as it was when it went in.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-17-2019)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    How do you guys eat that stuff? When I make pizza, I put jalapenos on Mr. Owl's half and onions on mine. Once in a while I'll accidentally get a bit of jalapeno on mine. My throat tries to close up, and I can't taste anything for an hour afterwards, even with washing it down with milk. And that's just a bit of jalapeno. I have the same reaction to other spicy stuff. ???
    Keep accidentally eating them so you're throat may be successful one day.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

One Saturday after an installation job, he took the crew and the sales exec who handled the account to lunch at a restaurant and bar located in the local Jai Alai fronton.

They had this specialty called "The Red Rooster". Basically, it was a saltine cracker with a glob of horseradish paste, a pile of sliced jalepeños, crushed red pepper flakes and some kind of hot sauce that supposedly could make your nose hairs catch fire.

Just for fun, he got one for everybody and dared them to try it. Most of the guys took one bite and started gasping for air and guzzling cold beer. One of them had to run to the can because snot was coming out of his nose. Then he told Gary the sales exec who was known to be a radical SOB, he'd give him $200 if he could eat like two or three of them. Maybe it was four, I don't remember.

Anyway, he did it. They said he turned redder than a beet and started sweating like a roast pig. He said later that, after he got the first one down, he couldn't even feel the rest.

He collected his $200 on the way home, but told me he spent the rest of the weekend sitting on the toilet in agony.

Because of course, when it comes out, it's still just as hot as it was when it went in.
    "I used to work . . . "

That's a fucking lie.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by . View Post
    That and knowing the pain has a half life.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Love spicy food. I can't even tell most of the time if it is "spicy" to others.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,525 Times in 52,742 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Love spicy food. I can't even tell most of the time if it is "spicy" to others.
    Your taste buds are well on their long journey to the grave. lol

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 21 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

LOOOOOOOL

That is damn funny, I hope it is true.

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 21 Times in 20 Posts

That isn't true. People have unique taste (buds if you will). I spent some time in Korea and their definition of really good food was way too spicy for me. And yet, we (about 10 of us) are at a restaurant where there was Wasabi and I put that on my food like it was nobody's business and they freaked out because to them Wasabi was too hot/spicy. One of my funniest memories....

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Yurt For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (07-17-2019)

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Actually from my own anecdotal experience I’ve seen more women with high tolerance for capsaicin than men. Flavor matters too. Most hot sauces made with capsaicin extract are horrible. Yeah the are very hot but they also taste like stomach acid. Just plain nasty. I’ve tasted hot sauces made from ghost or reaper peppers that have significantly higher Scoville rankings then hot sauces that are made from capsaicin extracts but are more tolerable cause they actually have good flavors.