Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 21 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.
    Leviticus 19:34

Good Christian Americans?

What a hoot. You can NEVER hijack religion again and get away with it numbskulls.
    The verse means living in your household. Basically, don't mistreat your foreign servants.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

While I’m all for it and believe that’s how we should treat folks, that verse is technically Jewish Law.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Oh, by all means please enlighten us as to the TRUE MEANING of the following verses. I can hardly wait to see how you corrupt them.

Matthew 25: 31-46

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
    Well, the lesson here is to be a sheep and *personally* clothe the naked etc etc.

Virtually all of Jesus’ moral teachings were personal in nature. There’s no escaping it. In fact, Jesus famously went out of his way to NOT give commandments to governments. And he certainly didn’t command us to commit national suicide by opening our borders.

And if anyone is really concerned for the poor Central Americans that concern shouldn’t begin only AFTER they are apprehended by border security. If Jesus gave sermons to governments he would have ‘some not very nice things’ to say about our immigration policy that entices these people to subject themselves—and their children, to the cartels and coyotes.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (07-14-2019)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,787 Times in 32,153 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

seriously, I have no problem with treating demmycrats the same way we treat illegal aliens.........what's the question again?.....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (07-15-2019)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    That's all the left knows. Take words out of context and pretend to be "religious".
    While they mock and denigrate every religion, except their pet religion of "Islam".

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Stretch (07-13-2019), Truth Detector (07-15-2019)

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    And if anyone is really concerned for the poor Central Americans that concern shouldn’t begin only AFTER they are apprehended by border security. If Jesus gave sermons to governments he would have ‘some not very nice things’ to say about our immigration policy that entices these people to subject themselves—and their children, to the cartels and coyotes.
    I expect that if He were to weigh in now, given the complexity of our world, he would exhort His followers to do something to change government policy in order to follow His command to "love thy neighbor as thyself." Central and South America are, of course, our neighbors. What if we invested foreign aid to build up their countries, work to empower them to get rid of their corrupt governments, and encourage capitalism from the lowest-income people on up? Eco-tourism, native crafts and arts, farming including exotic plants and fruits, and other ways to make a decent living with a minimum of capital investment are what the Peace Corp, missionaries, Oxfam and others have tried to bring in to third world countries. But first off, they need help ridding themselves of those cartels and criminals that prey on them.

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    While they mock and denigrate every religion, except their pet religion of "Islam".
    Hmm. Fundie Islam is even shittier than fundie Xtianity.

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.
    Leviticus 19:34

Good Christian Americans?

What a hoot. You can NEVER hijack religion again and get away with it numbskulls.
    Then have them move to Egypt.

Problem solved.

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    more out of context drivel from another phony
    OH, they're good at pointing out how they expect others to act; but when it comes to them, OH HELL NO.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

Stretch (07-13-2019), Truth Detector (07-15-2019)

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, that would be your ilk.

There are a lot of things in the Bible that we would all do well to follow. Thou shalt not kill, that shalt not commit adultery (like your tangerine idol), thou shalt not bear false witness (ditto), love thy neighbor as thyself, do unto others, etc.

I'm merely pointing out your hypocrisy, which if loaded onto a super cargo ship would promptly sink it.
    So when your first husband died, did you CLEAVE YOURSELF to his brother??

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,787 Times in 32,153 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    So when your first husband died, did you CLEAVE YOURSELF to his brother??
    why is Owl bearing false witness?.....

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (07-15-2019), USFREEDOM911 (07-13-2019)

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 21 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    While I’m all for it and believe that’s how we should treat folks, that verse is technically Jewish Law.
    When did that get abolished?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Yurt For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-14-2019)

19. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

I expect that if He were to weigh in now, given the complexity of our world, he would exhort His followers to do something to change government policy in order to follow His command to "love thy neighbor as thyself." Central and South America are, of course, our neighbors. What if we invested foreign aid to build up their countries, work to empower them to get rid of their corrupt governments, and encourage capitalism from the lowest-income people on up? Eco-tourism, native crafts and arts, farming including exotic plants and fruits, and other ways to make a decent living with a minimum of capital investment are what the Peace Corp, missionaries, Oxfam and others have tried to bring in to third world countries. But first off, they need help ridding themselves of those cartels and criminals that prey on them.
    Finally, we’re getting there lol.

Problem is we are limited in what we can do. Sending money to foreign countries with the hope it will change things has an abysmal track record. It makes little sense to send billions in aid to corrupt governments.

Especially, when it’s done at the expense of our own problems. We have enough of our own problems without making the problems in Guatemala our problems. One thing we could do is to address our own opioid problems and put the cartels out of business. A wall would help in that regard but then you run into the Bad Orange Man and the accompanying political dysfunction.

But our politicians need to worry about this country, first.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

No, that would be your ilk.

There are a lot of things in the Bible that we would all do well to follow. Thou shalt not kill, that shalt not commit adultery (like your tangerine idol), thou shalt not bear false witness (ditto), love thy neighbor as thyself, do unto others, etc.

I'm merely pointing out your hypocrisy, which if loaded onto a super cargo ship would promptly sink it.
    Your the one spouting the Bible inaccurately and out of context.
    Theocracy it is!!! LOL
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Oh, by all means please enlighten us as to the TRUE MEANING of the following verses. I can hardly wait to see how you corrupt them.

Matthew 25: 31-46

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
    hahahahaha......can't have it both ways........all out of full context!
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.