Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Primer on the 14th Amendment...

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,628 Times in 21,489 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    You miss one fundamental thing the 14th amendment refers to citizens not illegal immigrants.
    Pure ignorance or stupidity.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,527 Times in 11,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    No only a portion of the 14 refers to only citizens. Portions refer to ALL PERSONS.
    Show me where illegals cannot be held till they go before and immigration judge. You are twisting what equal protection means. Once allowed in this country then the 14th amendment applies.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Truth Detector (07-15-2019)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Jarod,

Great thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

So.... All persons born in the United States are citizens.

Citizens shall not have their privileges or immunities abridged.
    Any person within its Jurisdiction shall not be denied due process.
    NO person should be denied life, liberty, or property without due process.

You see, all persons have a right to life, liberty and property unless given due process and it was taken away after that due process. We are denying immigrants of liberty without due process.
    What a great lesson.

That's the kinds of things that make America great.

The way our government is envisioned to CARE ABOUT PEOPLE.

Too bad Trump fans don't care about people.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Jarod (07-14-2019)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Not so. The 2,000 being deported have had their cases heard in the courts and ordered deported. They are allowed to enter the country and apply for asylum or refugee status, they wait for their case to be heard (adding many immigration judges to hear the cases). If they were not getting due process there would not be a backlog of 850,000 cases. Many who are ordered deported simply do not show up for their court hearing. Adding to that due process is the Board of Immigration Appeals for those who lose their case.
    The ones who are detained prior to a hearing are being denied 14th Amendment rights.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-14-2019)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello reagansghost,

Great find. Thanks for posting it. It is so true:

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Good luck trying to get Trump fans to view that with an open mind.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 07-14-2019 at 10:57 AM.

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,660 Times in 4,439 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Flash,

The ones who are detained prior to a hearing are being denied 14th Amendment rights.
    They are holding mass hearings in order to accommodate the large numbers. What are they supposed to do with them until they can hold hearings? They used to just release them with a future date for their hearings and most never returned.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

13. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Howard the Duck,

Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    Are you saying a person cannot be arrested prior to appearing in court?
    No, I didn't say that. But having a system staffed with far too few judges to handle the load suggests they should be released with an order to appear at a time and date for the hearing. And that's the way we always did it until Trump ineptly created the detention crisis.

14. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Howard the Duck,

No, I didn't say that. But having a system staffed with far too few judges to handle the load suggests they should be released with an order to appear at a time and date for the hearing. And that's the way we always did it until Trump ineptly created the detention crisis.
    The detention facilities existed prior to Trump. The crisis mostly exists because Dems are for open borders, which has not escaped the notice of Central Americans (or the cartels).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

16. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,770 Times in 3,312 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 157 Posts

Hello reagansghost,

Great find. Thanks for posting it. It is so true:

Good luck trying to get Trump fans to view that with an open mind.
    Feels awkward watching you two make out over this backward Orwellian propaganda (left-wing lunatics scamming and cheating their way into power at every turn while scaremongering about 'fascism'). Can you get a room?

Attachment 10723

17. The Following User Says Thank You to artichoke For This Post:

18. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Howard the Duck,

The crisis mostly exists because Dems are for open borders, which has not escaped the notice of Central Americans (or the cartels).
    Nice try, but the blame lies with those in power. Trump and his administration make those decisions, not Democrats. It is disingenuous to blame Democrats for decisions that Trump is making.

The detention crisis exists because Trump stopped releasing people before the hearing. He decided to try to hold asylum seekers instead of releasing them, but there are insufficient holding facilities for that volume, so it led to overcrowding and poor inhuman conditions.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

20. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Howard the Duck,

Nice try, but the blame lies with those in power. Trump and his administration make those decisions, not Democrats. It is disingenuous to blame Democrats for decisions that Trump is making.

The detention crisis exists because Trump stopped releasing people before the hearing. He decided to try to hold asylum seekers instead of releasing them, but there are insufficient holding facilities for that volume, so it led to overcrowding and poor inhuman conditions.
    The only alternative to the current policy is for Trump to adopt the Dems' open borders/anti-America platform and just release every criminal alien. Since Dems want to drag their feet in Congress to cynically inject as much human misery into the situation as possible, his only sensible avenue is accept the status quo while waiting for things to change further down the road.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

22. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,175 Times in 10,393 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
    The DHS Secretary just testified under oath in the Senate in June that it's 90%. Sorry, but I take the word of experts on the ground over petty sniveling keyboard jockeys who say whatever Democrats tell them to.
    He’s a liar.

“In 2017, the vast majority, 89 percent, of those claiming asylum showed up for their trials, meaning that decisions were not made “in absentia.” In 2016, 91 percent showed up, and in 2015, 93 percent of asylum decisions were not made in absentia, meaning that the asylum seeker was, indeed, present.“

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...nd-court-dates

Notice how McAleenan framed his answer. The 90 percent rate he gave was based on a sample of 7,000 cases being fast-tracked through the immigration courts, not all cases.

“A representative for Pence told us he “was referring to a pilot program launched under DHS,” the same one McAleenan brought up to the Senate Judiciary Committee.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ourt-hearings/

23. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

24. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jarod,

Great thread!

What a great lesson.

That's the kinds of things that make America great.

The way our government is envisioned to CARE ABOUT PEOPLE.

Too bad Trump fans don't care about people.
    Or the Constitution.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-14-2019)

26. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The detention facilities existed prior to Trump. The crisis mostly exists because Dems are for open borders, which has not escaped the notice of Central Americans (or the cartels).
    They existed and need to exist, they do not need to be over crowded and they should not lack basic essentials and they do not need to separate the families.

LOCK HIM UP!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post: