Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anybody think we are 'over breeding' the Planet?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hi Jack,

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    What you say sounds like common sense to me.
    There seems to be a lack of consensus on what 'facts' we are using.
    If one person claims 'Climate Change' is our Greatest Threat and is caused by 'Human Activity'. And the next person claims 'Climate Change' is a Chinese Hoax and there's more than enough Land for doubling of the World Population, then you're not going to resolve anything.
    I like the common sense approaches to things.

The world is currently so crowded that people have become accustomed to waiting. Too many people all wanting to do or get the same thing at the same time, and so they wait. Wait to get into a movie, wait for a traffic signal to turn green, wait for traffic to clear out, wait to check out. We have a culture with waiting areas, waiting lines and waiting rooms, just for waiting. It's ridiculous.

Who in the world LIKES waiting?

Nobody that I can think of.

If we had fewer humans we wouldn't have to wait as much for things.

A statistic is compiled about what we do with our time. A certain percentage of our time is spent waiting. Not many people think they are put on this planet to wait for things.

Everybody would have a better life with less waiting if there were fewer of us.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Jack (07-14-2019)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

"While the concept of water stress is relatively new, it is the difficulty of obtaining sources of fresh water for use during a period of time and may result in further depletion and deterioration of available water resources.Water shortages may be caused by climate change, such as altered weather patterns including droughts or floods, increased pollution, and increased human demand and overuse of water."
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/terms/water_scarcity.htm

As Fresh Water decreases in availability ...

"At the World Water Forum in 2000, former Nestle CEO Peter Brabeck-Letmathe said that “access to water should not be a public right.” Along with other leaders, he persuaded the World Water Council to change their mission statement to refer to water as a “need” instead of a “right.” Now Nestle is buying up as much fresh groundwater as they can find."
    https://www.thealternativedaily.com/...-33-countries/

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Toledo Ohio recently approved granting Lake Erie legal rights.

They approved the “Lake Erie Bill of Rights.” Among other things, the bill guarantees the right of the lake and its surrounding watershed “to exist, flourish, and naturally evolve.”"

Christian Science Monitor

The above rather biased and doubtful article doesn't bother to mention the panic which beset Toledo when it was learned their tap water was not safe, and had been compromised by toxic blue green algae in Lake Erie, caused by fertilizer run-off. When that news came out, the city instantly ran out of bottled water and had to get emergency supplies of water. That was enough to get Toledoans to vote for the Lake Erie Bill of Rights, in which any citizen can sue on behalf of the lake, with the proceeds going to lake clean up.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Jack (07-14-2019)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

The US can't control 'population growth' in other Countries. But it CAN control 'population growth' in the US.
    Aren't we already doing that? How would leftist radicals like you "control population".

You realize this idea about overpopulation has been pushed by leftist losers for decades and decades, right?
    Every life matters

7. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Jack (07-14-2019)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Country: "Aren't we already doing that? How would leftist radicals like you "control population"."
    Jack: Support a 'No Immigration' policy. The US can't 'control population' any where else, but it can control it HERE. If other countries want to overpopulate THEIR Country, fine, just don't expect to unload the 'excess people' HERE in the US.

Country: "You realize this idea about overpopulation has been pushed by leftist losers for decades and decades, right?"
    Jack: Some people are convinced that the Planet is on it's way to become uninhabitable because of 'Human Activity'. The Water, Land, and Atmosphere is being degraded to a point of non-recovery.

If you had a Pasture that would accommodate and Feed 10 Horses, would you put 20 Horses in there knowing they would eventually die of starvation?

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Aren't we already doing that? How would leftist radicals like you "control population".

You realize this idea about overpopulation has been pushed by leftist losers for decades and decades, right?

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Thank you for proving my observation about you.
    Since your observations are as meaningless as a job application to a freeloading welfare recipient, that's the same level of proof they provide.

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I believe you are a Jesus Freak, so you could care less what happens.
    My only concern is that you climate change hoax believers voluntarily and immediately stop breathing. It is true that I don't care what would happen to you if you actually showed what you claim to believe. That's because you're not worth the effort to care.

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Country: "Aren't we already doing that? How would leftist radicals like you "control population"."
    Jack: Support a 'No Immigration' policy. The US can't 'control population' any where else, but it can control it HERE. If other countries want to overpopulate THEIR Country, fine, just don't expect to unload the 'excess people' HERE in the US.

Country: "You realize this idea about overpopulation has been pushed by leftist losers for decades and decades, right?"
    Jack: Some people are convinced that the Planet is on it's way to become uninhabitable because of 'Human Activity'. The Water, Land, and Atmosphere is being degraded to a point of non-recovery.

If you had a Pasture that would accommodate and Feed 10 Horses, would you put 20 Horses in there knowing they would eventually die of starvation?
    Agree on immigration.

Like I said, people have predicting overpopulation armageddon for decades and decades. They've all been wrong. Why should we believe them now?
    Every life matters

12. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Jack (07-14-2019)

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Agree on immigration.

Like I said, people have predicting overpopulation armageddon for decades and decades. They've all been wrong. Why should we believe them now?
    Country: "Like I said, people have predicting overpopulation armageddon for decades and decades. They've all been wrong. Why should we believe them now?"
    Jack: I think they have been right. Birth Control works. In Catholic Countries like Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador, etc. they have TOO MANY PEOPLE. So they head North.

Ever notice that some people are AGAINST Birth Control, ... and they are the SAME PEOPLE that can't figure out why overcrowded countries send their 'excess people' to the US?

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    My only concern is that you climate change hoax believers voluntarily and immediately stop breathing. It is true that I don't care what would happen to you if you actually showed what you claim to believe. That's because you're not worth the effort to care.
    Keep your head buried up your ass
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Agree on immigration.

Because the population just keeps growing!
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    Keep your head buried up your ass
    Stand up for what you claim to believe in. As of today, you haven't done so.

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Because the population just keeps growing!
    An easy solution for you climate change hoax believers has been provided. Don't complain if you're not willing to do your part.

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    An easy solution for you climate change hoax believers has been provided. Don't complain if you're not willing to do your part.
    What happened to all that ice?
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What happened to all that ice?
    Why haven't you voluntarily stopped breathing and emitting the CO2 you falsely claim is causing the ice to melt?