Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: US government is running out of money faster than expected, Mnuchin warns

1. #241 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,408 Times in 10,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I didn't say anything about "wasteful spending," or "real world applications" (completely made up by you).
    Then why did you invoke it, Flash?

That was the whole point of you bringing it up.

You wanted to make a shitty point about "wasteful spending" in order to justify your puzzling and continued support for tax cuts that you admit provide no economic or fiscal benefit, just an emotional one in the form of your shitty entitlement.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Flash (07-23-2019)

3. #242 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Joni Ernst (I heard it on Stephen Colbert) and just used it as an example of trivial government spending--I don't care about the study.
    But it's not trivial government spending...so there, again, you are doing that shitty thing where you think you have an entitlement to determine what is "trivial" or "wasteful".

I'm telling you you don't have that entitlement, and you never will.

And now comes the part where you start running away from this thing you invoked because it completely undermines not only your argument, but the tactics and strategy and actions by which you conduct yourself on these boards.

This whole thing serves as a perfect indictment of your bad faith. You invoke something, then when you find that something doesn't confirm your bias anymore, you cast it off as if you never had anything to do with it, except that you did because you brought it up.

And whether you heard it on Colbert is beside the point because he is a satirist and comedian. Joni Ernst is not. Stephen Colbert only brought it up because Joni Ernst is an idiot who invoked it, just as you are doing here, as an example of wasteful, or trivial, or (insert whatever goalpost you want here) government spending. So just like Ernst, you fucked up and revealed that you don't think you should have to be informed of your point, and that we should all accept your bad faith simply because you think you're entitled to it.

4. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Flash (07-23-2019)

5. #243 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I didn't get anything from Joni Ernst (I heard it on Stephen Colbert) and just used it as an example of trivial government spending--I don't care about the study.
    You only care about it if you think it makes your point. Then when it doesn't you don't.

If you didn't care about it, why did you bring it up?

The "classical music lobby" was just a joke (you have no sense of humor) because it would (possibly) result in cat owners buying more classical music. I said nothing about any conspiracy although those academic studies exist partly for college professors to get publishing credit for promotion and tenure. Many professors are even required to raise $X dollars in grant money because the universities get some for overhead.
    See, you fucking step in it again...you say it's a joke, then you go on to be serious about it. You do that because you're a piece of shit.

The "I was just joking" defense doesn't work anymore. You weren't joking, you were being an asshole because you couldn't make a salient point.

6. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Flash (07-23-2019)

7. #244 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Then why did you invoke it, Flash?

That was the whole point of you bringing it up.

You wanted to make a shitty point about "wasteful spending" in order to justify your puzzling and continued support for tax cuts that you admit provide no economic or fiscal benefit, just an emotional one in the form of your shitty entitlement.
    I did not bring it up. I brought up government spending any rational person would give a low priority. Allowing the people to keep more of their own money is more than "emotional." It allows them to buy essential items or enjoy some luxuries. It is better that they make the decision than government. As government spending and debt become too large a part of our economy the slower the economy grows. Too much money is being spent to pay the interest on that debt. Unless you want to make the bond traders rich, you should oppose increasing debt.

8. #245 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

But it's not trivial government spending...so there, again, you are doing that shitty thing where you think you have an entitlement to determine what is "trivial" or "wasteful".

I'm telling you you don't have that entitlement, and you never will.

And now comes the part where you start running away from this thing you invoked because it completely undermines not only your argument, but the tactics and strategy and actions by which you conduct yourself on these boards.

This whole thing serves as a perfect indictment of your bad faith. You invoke something, then when you find that something doesn't confirm your bias anymore, you cast it off as if you never had anything to do with it, except that you did because you brought it up.

And whether you heard it on Colbert is beside the point because he is a satirist and comedian. Joni Ernst is not. Stephen Colbert only brought it up because Joni Ernst is an idiot who invoked it, just as you are doing here, as an example of wasteful, or trivial, or (insert whatever goalpost you want here) government spending. So just like Ernst, you fucked up and revealed that you don't think you should have to be informed of your point, and that we should all accept your bad faith simply because you think you're entitled to it.
    All Americans are entitled to influence how their government spends their money. Only elitist snobs think government should make that decision for them. We also get to decide what is wasteful and trivial.

9. #246 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

running out of money

didn't Obama prove all you have to do is print more.. It's magic.
    That no good derelict doubled the debt of every president before him, EVER
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

10. #247 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Then, you make the gigantic assumption that the study is somehow helping the $49 billion vet industry for which you have no evidence.
    The conclusion of the study was that the music helped chill the cats as they were being examined.

That is how it helped.

Now, you might not judge that as helpful because you are post-hoc pretending as if it's a given...but it's not a given, and you're only saying it now, post-hoc as a way to retcon your earlier argument about its wastefulness, which you are also saying you never made.

LOL.

I mean, seriously...did you have a stroke?

11. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Flash (07-23-2019)

12. #248 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The classical music industry actually increased by 10% in 2018--no doubt due to cat owners (that is a joke).
    OK, but you realize this study was from 2019, right?

Oh wait, you didn't realize that?

Because you didn't do the work to figure it out?

Because you're lazy as shit and expect everyone to accommodate your bad faith?

Is that the case? Sure seems like it.

You're just a lazy fuck who expects others to accommodate every bad faith, piece of shit thing that comes out of your mouth or from your keyboard.

13. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Flash (07-23-2019)

14. #249 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Most of your posts are insults, filthy language, diversions, stuff you make up or assume the poster said or thinks. The more you write the more hostile you get. You went from a simple point I was making to an analysis of the cost and benefits of a cat study.
    Of course the guy whose entitlement and privilege aren't accommodated would play the victim.

If you want me to use nicer words, stop being such a piece of shit.

You get what you put out there; and what you put out is disrespectful, dishonest bad faith.

Then you try "I was just joking" and gaslight me because I won't indulge your shitty sense of humor that isn't even based in anything factual - I mean, for fuck's sake, you just tried to make a joke and got the fucking year wrong.

Stay away from making jokes...you're not funny. The first rule of comedy is "punch up". Making light of a study that improves the conditions and treatment for cats as they are being examined isn't "punching up", it's punching down and it's even worse when the joke is stupid and is based purely in your laziness and ignorance, and framed within a debate of the ultimate "punching down" attack on government spending.

15. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Flash (07-23-2019)

16. #250 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Of course the guy whose entitlement and privilege aren't accommodated would play the victim.

If you want me to use nicer words, stop being such a piece of shit.

You get what you put out there; and what you put out is disrespectful, dishonest bad faith.

Then you try "I was just joking" and gaslight me because I won't indulge your shitty sense of humor that isn't even based in anything factual - I mean, for fuck's sake, you just tried to make a joke and got the fucking year wrong.

Stay away from making jokes...you're not funny. The first rule of comedy is "punch up". Making light of a study that improves the conditions and treatment for cats as they are being examined isn't "punching up", it's punching down and it's even worse when the joke is stupid and is based purely in your laziness and ignorance, and framed within a debate of the ultimate "punching down" attack on government spending.

but at least he TRIES to stay on topic,

so tell us queenboy, how much fake money should Obama had printed?

and what are the consequences of being 22 trillion in debt, be specific
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

17. #251 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are a phony and liar. I know nothing about what Joni Ernst wrote and learned about the study on Stephen Colbert.
    Well, there's your first problem.

You say learned about it from Colbert, but you didn't really learn about the study. Colbert made you aware of it, but you weren't taught anything about it. You thought it was about hairballs. It's more than that. I even linked to the study for you, because I'm such a nice guy, where they provide their objectives and conclusions.

You didn't bother to check it out, did you?

So you acted in bad faith, didn't you?

Why?

18. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Flash (07-23-2019)

19. #252 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am certainly more of an average American than you are.
    You. Aren't. Shit.

Only an elitist snob would think they have the right to assault or kill a Nazi
    Only someone who isn't an American would not want to kill Nazis. In fact, not only would non-Americans think that, but most non-Europeans would too. Finding yourself coming down on the side of defense of Nazis safety and well-being certainly says a lot about you and your character.

I favor showing respect to everyone
    But you don't. You exercise sophistry. You spread propaganda. You retcon. When sources are provided to you, you refuse to acknowledge them. You refuse to admit you don't know what you're talking about, and you frequently act in bad faith by not being knowledgeable about the topic, or by withholding exculpatory information because it doesn't help you win whatever stupid debate you think you're having.

There is nothing respectful about the way you conduct yourself here.

I am not "entitled" enough to determine who should live or die or is worth respect.
    But you're plenty entitled enough to make superficial and uninformed judgments about the cost -er,um- waste -er,um- "triviality" of government spending you know nothing about. And you're plenty entitled enough to think we should accommodate that just because you feel strongly about it. And you're plenty entitled enough to gaslight those who point that shittiness out, rather than own up to your part in disseminating FAKE NEWS, like what you did about this legitimate study.

There's nothing respectful about you, or the way you conduct yourself here.

Yeah, I'm an asshole...but I cite my sources. I back up what I'm saying. I do the work.

You sit back on your ever-expanding fat ass and expect others to do that for you.

You do it over and over here...it's habitual.

Nothing you say can be counted on as the full truth; so you have graduated to a level of trolling where we cannot take anything you say seriously because we cannot trust you've done the work to know what you're talking about.

It's not like doing that work is hard. It literally took me 15 seconds of a Google Search to find the cat music study you were disparaging. And it took me less than 15 seconds to read the conclusions, and then think critically about how that can be applied to the real world.

You are incapable of doing that because you are a sociopath. You're incapable of empathy. You're incapable of trustworthiness. You're incapable of doing the work. You're just...incapable.

20. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Flash (07-23-2019)

21. #253 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I did not bring it up.
    OMG - yes you did. You are the one who literally brought up the cat study as you were arguing that government spending is wasteful and tax cuts aren't. That was you. Take some responsibility.

I brought up government spending any rational person would give a low priority.
    So this is you moving the bar again. So you're saying you didn't bring it up, and now you're saying in literally the next sentence that you did.

It's this kind of strategy that undermines everything you do here; it's why we can't trust you. You say one thing, then contradict yourself in literally the next sentence. Do I need to draw a diagram?

Furthermore, this spending accounted for how much? [You still haven't bothered to learn what the cost of this study is. Maybe it is low priority spending because the cost is low. You don't know because you haven't done the work, and you haven't done the work because you're lazy and entitled.

It is better that they make the decision than government.
    But you JUST SAID that the people making those decisions are people we elect and vote for to specifically do that. So this is another example of you contradicting the same stupid shit you said before; before, you said allocation of spending by reps is the result of democracy, and then right here you're saying that isn't a good process, even though the process you talked about earlier was exactly for the purpose of spending revenues by elected officials.

Secondly, do you really, really think you know how ot better spend 1/100th of your income better than the government? Tell me how you would have spent the $0.003 you paid in taxes that went to this study (assuming the study's cost was $1M)? By all means, let us know how you would have spent less than one cent of your income any better than what it was spent on?

As government spending and debt become too large a part of our economy the slower the economy grows.
    WRONG! Government debt has zero affect on economic growth. In fact, we just went through this shit 9 years ago when you shitgibbons were parading that Rogoff/Reinhart study that supposedly showed higher levels of debt correlated to slower economic growth. Only that study turned out to be a fucking lie. It was a propaganda lie, that wasn't peer reviewed, that morons like you bought into because it confirmed your biases. A UMASS grad student discovered that Rogoff and Reinheart (deliberately) left out data and information that contradicted the conclusions they wanted to produce. Their excuse for being so wrong on the math and witholding the exculpatory information? "Spreadsheet errors". Yeah...you read that right...the entire study on which you are basing this ludicrous thought was riddled with "Spreadsheet errors". So that means your belief here is fucking wrong.

So again, we have another example of you acting in bad faith. We have an example of you disseminating outdated, incorrect propaganda because you didn't do the work necessary to be informed on it.

22. #254 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

In a perfect Utopian world, the tax rates of the Trump Bill should have worked.

In other words, in Utopia, if you take care of the Rich Man and his Big business- the Rich man will find it in his heart to provide better wages and benefits for the worker bees.

However, we live in a very dysfunctional imperfect dystopian world of greed, self interest, I-Got-Mine-FUCK-YOU kind of world where the Elitists are laughing all the way to the bank, while gorging themselves off of cheap labor, escaping taxes, while leaving the tax burden off on America's hardest workers, while they are shitting in golden toilets, wiping their asses with 100 dollar bills, and playing carpet golf all day in some glass tower or Florida resort.

Did anyone expect the total Republican tax bill to be fair to working Americans?

23. #255 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Too much money is being spent to pay the interest on that debt..
    Well here's the thing, Flash. The deficits only grew fast when taxes were cut.

We could have paid the debt off by 2010 if you shitmorons hadn't cut taxes in 2001. You did, and you took a budget surplus and turned it into four record deficits that doubled the debt by 2009. That was you. That was what happened when you "let people keep more of what they earned".

And consequently, what also happened after taxes were cut in 2001? Personal savings plummeted and household debt skyrocketed. So the net result of "letting people keep more of what they earned" by cutting taxes was more debt.

Unless you want to make the bond traders rich, you should oppose increasing debt.
    I also love how you force these false choices in your bullshit arguments. As if the only way to restrain debt that you tax cuts caused was to cut spending.

How about this? How about we raise taxes on the rich to lower the deficit? Why is that not an option? Oh, because then you would have nothing to complain about and posture over as an excuse to cut the spending you truly hate and have an ideological opposition towards. Admit it, that's what you are. A deficit peacock...someone who hates social spending done by the government, so you unbalance the budget by starving the Treasury of revenue, giving you deficits to use as an excuse to cry crocodile tears over the debt. The debt of which your tax cuts make up the bulk.

This tactic of yours to present false choices; and you did it before with the false choice of the cat study or cars for poor people (?)...maybe we can have both. Maybe all that is required to have both is to erase these stupid tax cuts that you even admit serve no positive economic or fiscal argument.

You want to pay less in taxes because you're an entitled shit. That's the reason.