Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: US government is running out of money faster than expected, Mnuchin warns

1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    If a worker needs a new car that might be a better way to spend his money than government deciding to give a grant for some study to find out how classical music affects cats (recent NIH study). They throw up fewer hairballs.
    Any worker that buys a new car will have to go into debt to do it. They will have to borrow.

So...do they have to borrow more or less if they also have to borrow money to pay for education and health care because state services for both were cut, and fees and tuition had to be raised?

Think carefully.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If a worker needs a new car that might be a better way to spend his money than government deciding to give a grant for some study to find out how classical music affects cats (recent NIH study). They throw up fewer hairballs.
    I'm sure that's not the breadth and extent of the study (since you dind't even link to it); I'm sure the study is more than just the picture you're trying to paint (again, unsourced and no link).

How much of total federal spending does that study represent?

How much of your taxes, that you pay, go to that study? Less than 0.001%, I bet.

You also don't know what that study actually is (because you dind't link to it, so chances are you're either exaggerating it or distorting it for your own shitty argument).

That is an act of bad faith.

3. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is stupid too; as if the 0.00001% of taxes you pay that goes to this study would make the difference when it comes to borrowing in order to get a new car.

You are pathetic. This argument is shit. Furthermore, I really don't believe you know how to manage your own personal finances, and I don't believe you've ever actually made any large purchases in your life. Ever.

You just glide on your privilege, like a lazy fucking slob.

4. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    The workers create the wealth. Owners just confiscate the profits, Corporations are at all-time high profits and wages stall That money is going somewhere. Just not to the workers, the wealth creators.
    His argument is a joke:

"I can spend my money better than the government; but the government is made up of representatives that I vote for to spend the money."

So basically, he's saying he both can and can't spend money better.

And then the arrogance to presume he can spend his money better than a $3T federal government, but not a $150B private company.

Flash is bad faith and entitlement all wrapped up in an arrogant, masturbatory personality.

5. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

From the study you didn't link to because then you wouldn't be able to make a shitty point about government spending you personally deem wasteful because your mind cannot see the benefit of it outside of the narrow, mypoic world you live in:

OBJECTIVE: Our objective was to determine if feline-specific music played in a veterinary clinical setting would promote lower cat stress scores (CSSs), lower mean handling scale scores (HSs) and reduced neutrophil:lymphocyte ratios (NLRs) in cats during physical examinations.

CONCLUSION: Listening to cat-specific music prior to, and during, physical examination was associated with lower CSSs and lower HSs in cats, but had no effect on the physiological stress responses measured by NLRs. We conclude that cat-specific music may benefit cats by decreasing the stress levels and increasing the quality of care in veterinary clinical settings.
    Now, you probably don't own a cat because you are a sociopath that hates all living things that don't benefit you personally, but 29% of Americans own a cat. Including yours truly. Now, I don't know about you, but if I took my cat to a vet, I'd want that vet visit to be as pleasant for my cat as possible since it's my cat and I'm concerned for his safety and well being.

If this study results in my vet using music more soothing to the cat, that makes the cat's vet visit much more bearable, faster, and more efficient; which means I'll go back to that vet and patronize their business because they are chill towards my cat.

Like most of what you post here, you barely read beyond the topline...and in this particular instance, you didn't even read the topline. Instead, you demonstrated for everyone how susceptible to propaganda you are by repeating what Joni Ernst (a right-wing Republican sadist who you trust...WHY?) said about the study to distort it in order to paint an image of wasteful government spending.

The only waste here ARE THE RESOURCES WE WASTED ON YOU. However much taxpayers spent for your education was waste because you walked away with no critical thinking skills, just an entitlement complex.

Flash is THE WORST. Just the fuckin' worst. Nothing redeemable about him. He's basically the Howard Schulz of JPP.
    Last edited by LV426; 07-22-2019 at 12:25 PM.

6. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

government deciding to give a grant for some study to find out how classical music affects cats (recent NIH study). They throw up fewer hairballs.
    You're so fucking lazy, unaccomplished, and entitled that you think you can just shit forth propaganda from a right-wing fascist Aunt Lydia from Iowa, and expect it to be accommodated.

You didn't even bother to read the topline objectives and conclusions of the study; nor can your very small, limited mind process how that study is applied commercially among veterinary clinics, which is where people take their cats for care.

You're a lazy, good-for-nothing sophist. One who simply has an ego far too big, and far too fragile.

You consistently demonstrate you lack critical thinking skills; and with this cat thing, have also shown how susceptible you are to confirmation-bias propaganda.

We cannot trust your judgment simply because of how easy it is for you to be fooled, and how willing you are to buy into propaganda that confirms your inherent biases.

7. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So, imma break down for everyone why Flash is a piece of shit, using this sentence he wrote.

1. Flash never says how much this study actually costs...it could be a couple million, it could be less. Point is, it amounts to less than 0.1% of the budget, and consequently, less than 0.1% of the taxes Flash thinks he pays.

2. Flash didn't bother to actually do the work of looking at the study to see what its objectives and conclusion/applications are. Instead, Flash just accepted propaganda that was rooted in what Senator Joni Ernst, known liar and infamous Aunt Lydia, tried to screech about as an example of wasteful spending; again, like Flash, because she didn't bother to read or understand what she was talking about.

3. 29% of Americans own at least one cat; and as any cat owner can tell you, vet visits are...unpleasant with a cat. If there is any way to make that visit more pleasant, both vets and cat owners would love to know. This study seems to conclude that soothing music does help keep cats calm during their examinations, therefore the study produced a practical application for real-world use. And cat owners across the US are thankful for that.

4. The mere fact that Flash didn't do the research necessary to understand this, choosing instead to use propaganda a Conservative liar like Ernst said to paint a false picture of the study, underscores the point again that Flash doesn't act in good faith. Flash has an entitlement complex, not critical thinking skills. Someone with critical thinking skills would have immediately doubted that characterization of the study, done the deep dive into it to find out what it is, and then matched that with what Ernst was saying to find it was inaccurate. FLASH DOESN'T LIKE TO DO THAT WORK. The reasons are myriad, but I think the biggest is because of an entitlement complex that was instilled on him by his shitty parents that led him to believe he is entitled to his opinion, and that opinion must be accommodated because Flash is a special boy who mommy and daddy love very much and who can do no wrong and who they are proud of each and every day because he's their little special miracle.

The reality is that all that his parents did was establish then reinforce an entitlement complex; one so entitled that Flash doesn't think it's necessary to apply critical thinking skills when forming a judgment.

What a fucking waste.

8. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Flash (07-22-2019)

9. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    So, imma break down for everyone why Flash is a piece of shit, using this sentence he wrote.

1. Flash never says how much this study actually costs...it could be a couple million, it could be less. Point is, it amounts to less than 0.1% of the budget, and consequently, less than 0.1% of the taxes Flash thinks he pays.

2. Flash didn't bother to actually do the work of looking at the study to see what its objectives and conclusion/applications are. Instead, Flash just accepted propaganda that was rooted in what Senator Joni Ernst, known liar and infamous Aunt Lydia, tried to screech about as an example of wasteful spending; again, like Flash, because she didn't bother to read or understand what she was talking about.

3. 29% of Americans own at least one cat; and as any cat owner can tell you, vet visits are...unpleasant with a cat. If there is any way to make that visit more pleasant, both vets and cat owners would love to know. This study seems to conclude that soothing music does help keep cats calm during their examinations, therefore the study produced a practical application for real-world use. And cat owners across the US are thankful for that.

4. The mere fact that Flash didn't do the research necessary to understand this, choosing instead to use propaganda a Conservative liar like Ernst said to paint a false picture of the study, underscores the point again that Flash doesn't act in good faith. Flash has an entitlement complex, not critical thinking skills. Someone with critical thinking skills would have immediately doubted that characterization of the study, done the deep dive into it to find out what it is, and then matched that with what Ernst was saying to find it was inaccurate. FLASH DOESN'T LIKE TO DO THAT WORK. The reasons are myriad, but I think the biggest is because of an entitlement complex that was instilled on him by his shitty parents that led him to believe he is entitled to his opinion, and that opinion must be accommodated because Flash is a special boy who mommy and daddy love very much and who can do no wrong and who they are proud of each and every day because he's their little special miracle.

The reality is that all that his parents did was establish then reinforce an entitlement complex; one so entitled that Flash doesn't think it's necessary to apply critical thinking skills when forming a judgment.

What a fucking waste.
    FYI, Flash, the only acceptable response from you here is;

"I am sorry; I didn't know what I was talking about. I was trying to say that there's wasteful government spending to prove my point that I'm better at spending <0.001% of my income better than the government. I apologize for not doing the work to be informed, and for disseminating propaganda that merely confirmed a bias. I also apologize for my entitlement, and I am sorry for expecting you to debate my bad faith in good faith. I won't do it again and before I post something, I promise I am going to do the work of being fully informed so I don't end up looking like a brainwashed fucking moron. I also want to personally apologize to LV426 for my continued and persistent efforts to exercise that bad faith entitlement in every argument I make here."

So...copy and paste that into a response to the post. Then we can move on because we don't have to talk about how much of an entitled, spoiled brat you are.

10. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

What a fucking waste.
    Again, a complete diversion from the post. It doesn't matter what percent of the budget the study cost. The point was that the study could have bought a car for many workers who could have used it to get to work, school, etc. You are always telling us how these poor workers have to borrow more money and go into debts after tax cuts, so this would help them with their problem.

Instead, you defend the study which serves the purpose of subsidizing wealthy entitled colleges and professors rather than researching something important. I once had many cats, but I didn't expect the taxpayers to subsidize studies about classical music (no doubt paid for partly by classical music interests to promote sales).

11. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    The workers create the wealth. Owners just confiscate the profits, Corporations are at all-time high profits and wages stall That money is going somewhere. Just not to the workers, the wealth creators.
    Then maybe the workers should finance the factory and take the risks and keep all the money for themselves. Why don't they do that?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

cawacko (07-22-2019), dukkha (07-23-2019)

13. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That is an act of bad faith.
    This is always your argument and you don't even know what it means.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

cawacko (07-22-2019)

15. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Again, a complete diversion from the post.
    You diverted the post when you invoked this study to prove a weak, bullshit point about wasteful government spending as you continue to defend tax cuts that you claim don't do anything economically or fiscally, but rather serve an emotional purpose that feeds your bullshit entitlement that you think you are better at spending your money than the government, that you also say is made up of reps you elect whose responsibility is to determine how the money is spent.

All you did was show everyone that you don't know shit; that you are susceptible to propaganda, and that you will act in bad faith no matter what.

Then you abdicate responsibility for what you said because you're reckless, undisciplined, and lazy as fuck.

16. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

your bullshit entitlement that you think you are better at spending your money than the government,

17. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It doesn't matter what percent of the budget the study cost.
    Yes, it does! It does matter how much it costs because it gets to the next point you're trying to make:

The point was that the study could have bought a car for many workers who could have used it to get to work, school, etc.
    How would it have done that, since the study was part of the NIH's budget, and you don't know how much it cost because you're too fucking lazy to do that work?

If the study only cost $1M, let's say, that is exactly .00003% of the total federal budget. Now, how much do you personally end up paying for that study? .00003% of your income. Can you buy a car for less than 1/300th of a dollar? Or are you now arguing that instead of spending $1M for the study, the government then buys $1M worth of cars for people? Who gets a car then? Who makes that determination, since now you're buying cars for people at 1/300th of a dollar? Who does the government buy the car from? Since Flash now apparently thinks cars cost 1/30th of a cent, maybe we should just buy cars for everyone since they're so affordable.

So now Flash supports government buying cars for people.

18. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are always telling us how these poor workers have to borrow more money and go into debts after tax cuts, so this would help them with their problem.
    What an act of bad faith.

Explain to me how not spending 0.00003% of the budget on this study would result in cars for poor people?

Do you realize you're only paying 0.00003% of your income for this study.

Can you buy a car for 0.0003% of your income?

How much is 0.0003% of your income, anyway? Let's start there.

Be honest.