Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I cancelled home delivery of the Orlando Sentinel

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Default I cancelled home delivery of the Orlando Sentinel

that silly endorsement of "someone else" a year and a half before the POTUS election was the final straw.

It's been getting obnoxious -pure left wing hype, and the coverage was becoming as slanted as the rest of fake news like NYTimes and WAPO.

They said they would give it to me for $16 for 2 months - a very good price (4 days a week)
    but i'm not paying for fish wrappings no matter how cheap
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Bigdog (07-11-2019), Callinectes (07-11-2019), cancel2 2022 (07-12-2019), Earl (07-12-2019), Stretch (07-11-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,242 Times in 2,335 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Same with the sun-sentinel down here in broward(both owned by the same company, BTW). My mom used to like to do the crossword and I liked to use it to clean windows, but you can get microfiber now that lasts longer so it's cheaper in the long run
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

Stretch (07-11-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    that silly endorsement of "someone else" a year and a half before the POTUS election was the final straw.

It's been getting obnoxious -pure left wing hype, and the coverage was becoming as slanted as the rest of fake news like NYTimes and WAPO.

They said they would give it to me for $16 for 2 months - a very good price (4 days a week)
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,483 Times in 7,579 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

I hope you told them why you cancelled.
    We cancelled the Alaska Dispatch News (formerly Anchorage Daily News, now Anchorage Daily News again) which Alice Rogoff frivolously bought with her billionaire husband (now ex) David Rubenstein's money and used it as an uber-progressive fake news platform.
    They came begging us to resubscribe but let them know in no uncertain terms we wouldn't read it for free. Alice Rogoff didn't pay any of her bills, the Dispatch News went bankrupt, and was subsequently sued successfully after the BK by the original owner of the paper.
    She basically ruined her life because of her lark thinking she'd change the mentality of a frontier state.

Oh and Rogoff was BFF with Obama who stayed in her mansion when visiting here while she was still pissing away millions on her paper.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Callinectes (07-12-2019), dukkha (07-11-2019), Sailor (07-11-2019), Stretch (07-11-2019)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wow, barbarians are actually still reading paper.."" WTF??

Bout time you dinos got w/ the program. I dumped that over 20 years ago.......

The Sunday paper is now $4 (McClathy) & is about an 1/8th the material inside as a few years ago... The SF Chronicle is only $3 on Sunday but just as thin....
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

The Sunday paper is now $4 (McClathy) & is about an 1/8th the material inside as a few years ago... The SF Chronicle is only $3 on Sunday but just as thin....
    i get it for my mom. other then taking it to the john with me I don't really read it.
    But she;s even more pissed about the editorial then I am!! - and many mornings she's not here -
    she's at the other house.

So I told them it's LW trash,and the editorial was WAY out of line and cancelled

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

wow (yawn)

11. The Following User Groans At Cinnabar For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-12-2019)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

domer76 (07-12-2019), moon (07-12-2019), Rune (07-11-2019)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

i get it for my mom. other then taking it to the john with me I don't really read it.
    But she;s even more pissed about the editorial then I am!! - and many mornings she's not here -
    she's at the other house.

So I told them it's LW trash,and the editorial was WAY out of line and cancelled
    Does she know you cut it off?? Does she go on line for news?? TV??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Does she know you cut it off?? Does she go on line for news?? TV??
    She's a Maryland Democrat like me who has moved to the populist Trump. So Fox is enough for her.
    I keep her updated on international stuff - but Fox does have decent coverage

Anyways, she has a pen pal in Gretna Green Scotland . I mean they actually pen out handwritten letters exchange.
    They have been writing each other letters by international air mail for70 plus years now.
    That must be a world record.

So she keeps up with Trump rallies and hates the stupid Dems for their obtuse obsructionism -
    but she doesn't need t be online.
    She doesn't even have a tablet. Just a laptop I keep updated here for her, She feels no need to be connected.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Bill (07-12-2019), Callinectes (07-12-2019)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

I still read the Chronicle every day. Mostly because I'm a news junkie and it offers good local coverage but also out of habit, I grew up reading it. Admittedly though I wouldn't pay for it. I have a family member who does so I use their login.

This is neither here nor there but we were talking about McClathy last weekend in Tahoe as we went by their lake compound. Big Sac Town family huh...

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Wow,rightys closing off news they do not want to hear because it does not back their crazy preconceptions, and turning to Fox. How shocking. More rightys proudly going deeper into the right wing bunker and pretending it is to get more and better news. Self-delusion is powerful among the rightys.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Everything to the left of the far right extremists is going to be left wing to them.

They just don't like being told how out of step they are with American values.

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

She's a Maryland Democrat like me who has moved to the populist Trump. So Fox is enough for her.
    I keep her updated on international stuff - but Fox does have decent coverage

Anyways, she has a pen pal in Gretna Green Scotland . I mean they actually pen out handwritten letters exchange.
    They have been writing each other letters by international air mail for70 plus years now.
    That must be a world record.

So she keeps up with Trump rallies and hates the stupid Dems for their obtuse obsructionism -
    but she doesn't need t be online.
    She doesn't even have a tablet. Just a laptop I keep updated here for her, She feels no need to be connected.
    You are very fortunate to still have your Mom around..

You sound like a good Son, well except that fox news part.lol

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,288 Times in 10,487 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

Big fucking deal.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I still read the Chronicle every day. Mostly because I'm a news junkie and it offers good local coverage but also out of habit, I grew up reading it. Admittedly though I wouldn't pay for it. I have a family member who does so I use their login.

This is neither here nor there but we were talking about McClathy last weekend in Tahoe as we went by their lake compound. Big Sac Town family huh...
    They are the only game in town, but they are slowly fading away IMHO........

You are reading on line, not the actual print, correct??