Thread: Prices of Everyday Items Before and After the Trade War

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

My, you have some strange ideas. They kinda sound like they were dictated by Rush Limbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    State dept was a den of Hillarites and Kerry minions that actively opposed Trump. nothing "good"about that.
    Baloney. Those people are apolitical. They are not selected because of party. They are like the military. They are loyal to the USA. Tillerson had no experience at that job. He was wrong to decimate what took decades to build up. That would be like firing half the generals and leaving a big vacuum. That's what happened.

The bureaucracy is supposed to serve POTUS -not obstruct him
    No. Government workers are supposed to serve the United States and all her people. Not the president. He's the chief administrator, not the king. And State department is not 'the bureaucracy.'
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Rune (07-14-2019)

3. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello cawacko,

That is certainly true in the general sense, but in the case of Trump it totally does mean they have been conned. The man is immoral. You don't grab women by the private parts, brag about it on national TV, and then get elected unless you can CON some people. Any moral person who votes for him has been conned.

Trump fans mostly consist of two general types. And neither type even cares about his atrocious behavior. (But they SHOULD.) His hard core base is the deplorables. Racists, xenophobes, haters, fools who don't really understand very well how our country works. That's one type, the deplorables. And the other is the conned. Many of the conned are super-rich and quite greedy, so they voted for Trump because, as Trump said to them himself, "You all just got a LOT RICHER." The rest of the conned are simply rich or rich wannabe. They care greatly about money and profits, and they also totally buy into the theory that government needed 'shaking up.' They understood that making Trump president was like turning a bull loose in your china shop, and THEY WANTED THAT. Now, to me, that indicates someone who has been completely conned. They bought into the absurdly simplistic notion that the way to fix government is to first break it worse. It is never explained how you get from a totally dysfunctional government to a good one, and I actually don't think they have that in mind at all. Their approach is more one of the Steve Bannon playbook of "just smash it all up and then everybody will have to agree it's a mess and then we cut it all back to the bare bones."

That makes no sense. It is not logical. People who buy into that idea are acting on emotion, not logic. If something is broken or not performing as hoped, the thing to do is improve it, not make it worse. Getting all emotional and hating government is not a sound basis for recognizing the problem and devising a solution to the problem. There is no easy quick fix for government. It is a constantly evolving entity with requires oversight. The biggest problem with American government is apathy. People don't care enough to get involved. Most people want to simply enjoy the benefits and never put any work into it.

But our government wasn't designed that way. It was envisioned as a government of the people, by the people and for the people. It has become a government of the rich, by the rich, and for the rich.

Everything the Republican party does supports the super rich. The most important thing to Republicans is lower taxes and small government. Those two things also happen to be the most valuable to the super-rich. Coincidence? I think not. That is by design. The greedy super-rich have co-opted the Republican party. Here's why: A larger more expensive government than bare bones has the where-with-all to exert controls over the super-rich that impacts their earnings. And the greedy ones don't want ANYTHING to impact their earnings. They don't care about being part of improving America by making a more effective government. They've 'got it made' themselves, so they don't care about the rest of society. They've got theirs. 'Screw everybody else.'

Well, we'll see about THAT.

We, the shafted in their world, have something to say about THAT.

WE CALL B S !

And we are going to spread the word and let everybody know how it is. And we will just see. The power of information is stronger than the power of big money plus BS. The truth shall prevail. Always does in the end.
    Whether it was Trump, Jed Bush or Marco Rubio you weren’t going to like any Republican and that’s your right. And like a lot of liberals you call Republicans racist and sexist because that’s what you guys do as well as attempting to cover up your own shortcomings in that area.

And if you want to talk about “Fvxk you I’ve got mine” attitude and policies come on out to Bay Area. I’ll buy you a beer (or coffee if you don’t drink) and show you progressive housing policy which is the ultimate Fvxk you I’ve got mine attitude and it’s corresponding results.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Bill (07-14-2019), PoliTalker (07-14-2019)

5. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,728 Times in 27,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Whether it was Trump, Jed Bush or Marco Rubio you weren’t going to like any Republican and that’s your right. And like a lot of liberals you call Republicans racist and sexist because that’s what you guys do as well as attempting to cover up your own shortcomings in that area.

And if you want to talk about “Fvxk you I’ve got mine” attitude and policies come on out to Bay Area. I’ll buy you a beer (or coffee if you don’t drink) and show you progressive housing policy which is the ultimate Fvxk you I’ve got mine attitude and it’s corresponding results.
    YOU ARE THE RACIST SOCIOPATHIC PARTY

that is why we call you racists

that is why @ 96% of Americans of color hate your party

6. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Whether it was Trump, Jed Bush or Marco Rubio you weren’t going to like any Republican and that’s your right.
    Disagreeing on politics is one thing. Blatant immorality is another.

And like a lot of liberals you call Republicans racist and sexist because that’s what you guys do as well as attempting to cover up your own shortcomings in that area.
    False charge. I found the idea of President Clinton so distasteful I voted for Ross Perot.

I would enjoy sitting down to blow the suds off a few cold and frosties together, but it is hardly likely any time soon. If I do find myself in that neck of the woods I will give you a PM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Bill (07-14-2019)

8. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    It appears as if you and Grumpy already got together and cornholed each other, faggot. Lot's of talk about what you'd do yet nothing but meaningless threats from you.
    Still lisping away as he runs away.

9. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    It’s interesting. A few years back CFM said he played a sport in college. I played a number of sports growing up and am a huge sports fan still. So I asked him what sport he played. He wouldn’t answer.

But while he wouldn’t say it on here he’d said he come visit me in SF to tell me. Ok, great. I said let’s meet at the Royal Exchange. It’s a classic SF happy hour place downtown with easy access to BART.

He said nope, I need to come to your house. So I said here’s my address (not the smartest thing I’ve ever done posting it). However I live in a condo building so you have to go through the door man in our lobby first. You just can’t come directly to my unit. So he then says he won’t come if he has to deal with the doorman.

LOL. So to state the very obvious the guy is full of sh*t and the ultimate example of a keyboard warrior/internet tough guy.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Bill (07-14-2019), Rune (07-14-2019), Sailor (07-14-2019)

11. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Hello dukkha,

My, you have some strange ideas. They kinda sound like they were dictated by Rush Limbaugh.

Baloney. Those people are apolitical. They are not selected because of party. They are like the military. They are loyal to the USA. Tillerson had no experience at that job. He was wrong to decimate what took decades to build up. That would be like firing half the generals and leaving a big vacuum. That's what happened.

No. Government workers are supposed to serve the United States and all her people. Not the president. He's the chief administrator, not the king. And State department is not 'the bureaucracy.'
    you don't understand the difference between political appointees and careerist.

Further many political appointees became careerist and stayed on after Obama - it's one main reason State was not fully staffed when Trump came in - they are being careful whom they appoint to political positions

Government workers are supposed to serve the United States and all her people. Not the president. He's the chief administrator, not the king. And State department is not 'the bureaucracy.
    chain of command means the bureaucrats as well as the IC leadership exist under the executive.

Further political appointees serve at the pleasure of POTUS - careerist are obviously different
    but all are indeed part of the bureaucracy

12. The Following User Groans At dukkha For This Awful Post:

Rune (07-14-2019)

13. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

you don't understand the difference between political appointees and careerist.

Further many political appointees became careerist and stayed on after Obama -
    That's not true. People who had worked for the USA for decades were turned out. While it may have seemed like a long time for his political adversaries, I assure you President Obama was not in office for decades.

it's one main reason State was not fully staffed when Trump came in - they are being careful whom they appoint to political positions
    What information do you have that State Dept was not fully staffed when Trump came in? Why? Did people leave after the election in which Trump won?

chain of command means the bureaucrats as well as the IC leadership exist under the executive.

Further political appointees serve at the pleasure of POTUS - careerist are obviously different
    but all are indeed part of the bureaucracy
    Using 'bureaucracy' to refer to the State Department shows a bias and lack of understanding of what they do.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Rune (07-14-2019)

15. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello dukkha,

That's not true. People who had worked for the USA for decades were turned out. While it may have seemed like a long time for his political adversaries, I assure you President Obama was not in office for decades.

What information do you have that State Dept was not fully staffed when Trump came in? Why? Did people leave after the election in which Trump won?

Using 'bureaucracy' to refer to the State Department shows a bias and lack of understanding of what they do.
    Trump has eviscerated State -my writing is not clear here- here is a good article about the bueraucracy.
    I personall consider most of the holdovers globalist and way too much under the influence of Obama and Bush.
    Hence the hiring freeze etc.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...ate-department

16. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Says the one that wants to hide behind PMs because he doesn't want the forum seeing how much of a coward he is.

If you listen, you can hear your wife begging for me to return and treat her.

17. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

Trump has eviscerated State -my writing is not clear here- here is a good article about the bueraucracy.
    I personall consider most of the holdovers globalist and way too much under the influence of Obama and Bush.
    Hence the hiring freeze etc.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...ate-department
    Interesting article but I don't see what about it supports your view of them as bureaucrats.

18. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Ha......ha..

Can you do more than giggle about it??

The rich are now saying tax me....... Could be a sign things are not as giggly as one may think...
    He has really snuggled into his conservatard onesie.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

19. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello dukkha,

Interesting article but I don't see what about it supports your view of them as bureaucrats.
    bureaucracy

1a : a body of nonelective government officials
    b : an administrative policy-making group
    2 : government characterized by specialization of functions, adherence to fixed rules, and a hierarchy of authority

20. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Ha......ha..

Can you do more than giggle about it??

The rich are now saying tax me....... Could be a sign things are not as giggly as one may think...
    some of the rich do - virtue signalling I suppose, but most of the rich do not.

But my point ( why i said it in green) is that "tax the rich" is the lone refrain from those who want to increase spending in many venues is always "tax the rich" -to the point they want the rich taxed many time over to pay for their scheme

21. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Says the one that wants to hide behind PMs because he doesn't want the forum seeing how much of a coward he is.

If you listen, you can hear your wife begging for me to return and treat her.
    Dear god. How have you made through life being such a wimpy little faggot? Caitlyn Jenner has more testosterone than you. And more balls.