Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Prices of Everyday Items Before and After the Trade War

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    They do have to report the news. The stupid shit Trump does is shameful. They have to say it. What is good about Trump? In spite of his ignorance, his economic stupidity has not killed the economy yet? He has pissed off and pushed away Americans long term allies and embraced dictators. That must be good. Trump lies like no president or politician in history. He has a 5th-grade vocabulary and 5th-grade brain. I never heard a president say crazy shit over and over like Trump. The Repubs are able to shrug it off with Trump being Trump, but the rest of the world does not think like that. They want an American president they can respect and is dependable.
    f*ck that noise. Trump is POTUS not a "world leader"..America First

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

the 2nd round of tariffs is suspended, and business for the most part absorbed the first 10%.
    Vice-Premier Liu He made an appearance at the talks of negotiations, and Robert Lighthizer ( who did NAFTA 2)
    is our guy.

China must have a deal -they cannot allow suppliers to leave China and lower their GDP.
    I'm pretty sure they have used up most of their cash reserve as stimulus for their 6+% growth.

It would HELP IF CONGRESS PASSED NAFTA 2 as an example we are ready to ratify results.
    But Congress can't do anything

3. The Following User Groans At dukkha For This Awful Post:

Rune (07-14-2019)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Seems pussy boy CockFueledMoron is backing out.
    I'm not the one that said he was going to do something.

Let's get back to the important part that when you said you'd do it, you told someone else. Why were you afraid to state it to me, tough guy?

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    He is an expert at that.
    You mean like not posting the name of the business I claimed to own? That would you, nigger.

What am I backing out of, boy, expecting the one that said he was going to do something to do it. Seems the two of you faggots make claims about what you'll do then never do it. I recall you saying several things you'd do. Funny thing is you've done, nor even tried to do, any of them.

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I'm quite surprised ppl are not already pissed & complaining......

Why not?? WTF is wrong w/ ppl?? Major appliances Consumers are already seeing price hikes from the last round of Trump’s tariffs
    By Samantha Masunaga and James F. Peltz
    May 14, 2019 | 5:00 AM

Tariffs' Complex Ripple Effects Hit Appliance Shoppers And Makers
    4:16

April 9, 20195:03 AM ET

ON TOP OF LAST YEAR

Washing machines, dishwashers are more expensive after Trump tariffs

Published: Nov 14, 2018 12:51 p.m. ET

snip-

he cost of new washers, dryers and other major appliances are surging in the wake of White House tariffs.

Prices for major appliances have jumped 8.1% in the past 12 months, with all of the increase coming since April, according to a government index that tracks consumer prices.
    Seriously?

Why would anybody who has been conned and hypnotized think for themselves?

Trump fans have all their talking points dictated to them.

Self doubt? Not in the vocabulary.

Questioning the president? Never occurs to them.

Blinded by greed.

They think what we are doing is 'Great.'
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    The political world is truly upside down. For decades unions, and their Democratic supporters, have pushed for tariffs in the name of protecting American jobs while many on the right complained about the market distortions and increase in costs (read: taxes) that resulted.

Now we have Democrats complaining about tariffs and increased costs and some/many Republicans supporting them.
    Well you know there is *something* about the way you go about it.

Something like catching more flies with honey than vinegar...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello leaningright,

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Yep, because CNN, MSNBC, ABC and CBS are all in cahoots with Trump and never point out his shortcomings, wrongdoings or say anything negative about him.
    The job of the press is to criticize where criticism is due.

If we have a press that merely repeats the talking points of the president then we only get one point of view, his. The president must be held to task, and Fox News never does that. Trump supporters are so conned they don't ever want to hear any valid criticism of the president. That's why they only watch fox and why they think he is doing a great job. It's what they are told to think.

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    the 2nd round of tariffs is suspended, and business for the most part absorbed the first 10%.
    Vice-Premier Liu He made an appearance at the talks of negotiations, and Robert Lighthizer ( who did NAFTA 2)
    is our guy.

China must have a deal -they cannot allow suppliers to leave China and lower their GDP.
    I'm pretty sure they have used up most of their cash reserve as stimulus for their 6+% growth.

It would HELP IF CONGRESS PASSED NAFTA 2 as an example we are ready to ratify results.
    It would help if we tax the rich more.

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Korean washing machines? Still stupid after all these years. https://www.dw.com/en/us-america-fir...rea/a-42265905 This easy enough for you to get? I doubt it.
    if you can't find a washing machine that doesn't have a tariff on it, then you're the one who's stupid........

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    correct.......the lack of support by demmycrats has half the world holding out in hopes that Trump will lose.....

12. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They want an American president they can respect and is dependable.
    lol.......no.......they want an American president who apologizes for America and does whatever they want.......another demmycrat like Obama.....

13. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello cawacko,

As a life philosophy I agree with what you wrote above. As a response to my post that has nothing to do with it. It's all about partisanship.

14. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Demmycrats think they shouldn't temporarily pay $84 more for a washing machine to stop China from costing us $184 more for everything they tariff.....

15. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

meaningless unless you swat the flies.......sitting around watching them eat your honey is not the plan intended.......

16. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Hello leaningright,

The job of the press is to criticize where criticism is due.

If we have a press that merely repeats the talking points of the president then we only get one point of view, his. The president must be held to task, and Fox News never does that. Trump supporters are so conned they don't ever want to hear any valid criticism of the president. That's why they only watch fox and why they think he is doing a great job. It's what they are told to think.
    That's like me saying "if MSNBC and other liberal media outlets had criticized Obama more of his supporters would have disliked him. Instead they just listened to an echo chamber of how good he's doing and are told to think that."

Look what happened to publications such as the Weekly Standard. They were originally part of the #NeverTrump movement and now they are out of business. With all due respect you're just as partisan as anyone. You really can't criticize others for doing exactly what you yourself do. You generally only want to hear good things about the people you support and bad things about those you don't. That's what cable news provides (as well as partisan online media).

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

leaningright (07-13-2019)