Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads up Teabillies - the gubmint's a comin for your small dick compensators

1. #466 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,786 Times in 4,529 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 188 Times in 184 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Right, it might be protected speech, but they are not protected from the consequences of that speech. That's my point.
    Nobody is protected against someone harming them.

But the perpetrator is not protected from the consequences of his actions, either. If I shoot a Nazi, communist, white supremacist, or anti-fa person because I think he is a threat to me I will be charged with murder or assault (assuming he is taking no direct action to harm me).

It is not self-defense or stand your ground to attack somebody who has not taken some action toward you. His beliefs are not a threat and certainly not imminent if he is standing there waving a flag.

2. #467 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Yeah, that first amendment freedom of speech is super stupid.
    No, what's stupid is thinking Nazism is peaceful speech that doesn't incite people to violence or provide an imminent threat.

Yet, I would prefer super stupid to people going around killing others because they think they are Nazis and threatening others.
    Well, Flash, let's look at who is doing the killing today;

You had a white Conservative christian storm into a Black church and kill 9 parishioners becuase they were black.

You had a white Conservative christian storm into a synagogue in Pittsburgh, killing 11 people as they prayed because they were Jewish.

You had a white Conservative christian drive his car, JUST TWO DAYS GO, into a bus stop full of people because they were black.

You had 9,500 (mostly) white Conservative christians secretly enrolling in a Facebook group where they laughed about the death of migrants because they were brown.

You had a white Conservative christian storm into a Waffle House in Tennessee to shoot people becuase they were black

You had a white Conservative christian storm into a supermarket, specifically looking for black people to shoot, and killed two of them because they were black.

You had a white Conservative christian slit the throat of a kid who was listening to rap music because he was black.

You have white Conservative christians on these boards who use racial slurs, who celebrate fascism, and who defend Nazis.

The Nazis have already declared war and genocide. Some of us are aware of this; but people like you would rather wait until there are millions killed in gas chambers before finally admitting the truth to yourself.

Flash, you're just too lazy and apathetic to give a shit because of your privilege. But eventually, that privilege will wear out. Then when we are Gilead and you are threatened for merely speaking a truth, no one will be there to help you because you wanted to give Nazis a fair shake before.

So, better practice saying "under his eye" and "blessed be the fruit" for when you're trudging about in a Gilead future.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. #468 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

What men's team?

The one that hasn't won a World Cup, ever?

The one that brings in less revenue than the women's?

The one that gets lower TV ratings than the women's?

That team?
    Yes they would destroy the lesbians!

4. #469 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nobody is protected against someone harming them.
    WHAT?

You're saying no one has a right to self-defense?

5. #470 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But the perpetrator is not protected from the consequences of his actions, either. If I shoot a Nazi, communist, white supremacist, or anti-fa person because I think he is a threat to me I will be charged with murder or assault (assuming he is taking no direct action to harm me).
    But you have to prove the threat, Flash.

I can prove that threat.

6. #471 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It is not self-defense or stand your ground to attack somebody who has not taken some action toward you
    Waving the Nazi flag is an act of incitement because of what that flag represents.

So I am totally justified in self-defense.

7. #472 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

His beliefs are not a threat
    Genoicide isn't a threat?

Maybe not to you since you're not the one who will be a victim of it.

And that's really the crux of this; you don't take this seriously because you don't see it as a personal threat, but most importantly, you lack the empathy to see it from someone else's perspective who may be threatened.

After all, Nazis aren't going around saying they should genocide "bothsiderist" entitled pricks like you.

8. #473 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Yes they would destroy the lesbians!
    Would they?

I don't think they would.

They couldn't even beat Trinidad.

9. #474 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, what's stupid is thinking Nazism is peaceful speech that doesn't incite people to violence or provide an imminent threat.
    I was just citing established constitutional law. The Supreme Court, both liberals and conservatives, have long held "pure speech" and "mere advocacy" are protected speech.

I don't know what all those murder cases has to do with free speech. Those people are doing the same thing you are advocating--killing others because of their race, religion or political views. Killing people because they are Jewish is the same thing legally and morally as killing Nazis.

Only a person with privilege would believe only their political views are so superior that others should not exist.

10. #475 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Would they?

I don't think they would.

They couldn't even beat Trinidad.
    The lesbians wouldn't even get close to the goal! Gosh you are such a frigging dumbass, seriously do yourself a favor, and keep that gigantic hole in your face shut and save the air for we the intelligent! Frigging queers crack me up first they are picked on then want to be equal now state they are superbeings

11. #476 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Waving the Nazi flag is an act of incitement because of what that flag represents.

So I am totally justified in self-defense.
    Only in your mind. No prosecutor or jury that follows the law would excuse you for your action no matter how much they detests Nazis.
    A flag presents no threat to you and what it stands for cannot hurt you unless action is taken to achieve that goal. Waving a flag is harmless.

"Publicity is justly commended as a remedy for social and industrial diseases. Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants" -Justice Brandeis.

12. #477 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

13. #478 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But you have to prove the threat, Flash.

I can prove that threat.
    If he is standing there waving a flag there is no threat. As far as you know, he has no plans to ever hurt you or urge others to do so.

The fact that he favors killing all Jews and you are a Jew is not a threat as long as he takes no action. Neo-Nazis in the U. S. have never committed genocide.

14. #479 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Only in your mind. No prosecutor or jury that follows the law would excuse you for your action no matter how much they detests Nazis.
    Well, if a jury let Zimmerman off for Stand Your Ground, I can get let off for the same.

15. #480 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A flag presents no threat to you and what it stands for cannot hurt you unless action is taken to achieve that goal.
    The flag is a symbol that represents genocide and ethnic cleansing.

So waving it is the action.