Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trump Fail: Climate Change Is Pushing Central America Immigrants North Toward The USA

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,122 Times in 11,695 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Open borders isn't the issue. It's your IDIOT IN CHIEF's climate science denial.
    There is no science of climate. Science has no theories about unquantitative things.

Science is a set of falsifiable theories. That means the tests designed to destroy a theory must be available, practical to conduct, be specific, and produce a specific result. All measurements, if used, are direct quantitative measurements.

If you want to build theories about 'climate change' or 'global warming', you will first have to define these phrases.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

Earl (07-15-2019)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

Here's a snippet from the article:

"The average temperature in Central America has increased by 0.5C since 1950; it is projected to rise another 1-2 degrees before 2050.
    It is not possible to measure the temperature of Central America. We don't have anywhere near enough thermometers.
    This has a dramatic impact on weather patterns, on rainfall, on soil quality, on crops’ susceptibility to disease, and thus on farmers and local economies.
    What does? You have no data.
    Meanwhile, incidences of storms, floods and droughts on are the rise in the region."
    No data.
    Makes sense to me.
    Sure, because you believe that any numbers thrown in front of you are the gospel truth.
    Especially for small-scale operations. If one has no insurance and a storm flood or drought wipes out crops in a single year that is often enough to put the family into a starvation situation, causing them to see the long trek north as their only option, as undesirable and daunting as that prospect may be.
    Nope. They just replant, like any farmer would. That is, if the banditos don't come and kill them first.
    So is this just red meat for liberals? Or is there any truth to it.
    You are questioning your own statements now???

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

Earl (07-15-2019)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Hi Politalker,

So Trump is responsible for "climate change" after just 2.5 years in office? Come on, let's have a little honesty.
    He's an evil God, you know. Just ask any liberal.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

Sirthinksalot (07-09-2019)

7. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Sirthinksalot,

By providing skewed leadership, profit-friendly executive orders and pulling out of Paris, yes. Trump has made the situation worse. We need to abandon his regressive ideas and start making meaningful progress.
    The Paris treaty is not enforceable. It depends on knowing the temperature of the Earth, the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere, and how much is produced by Man's activities for each participating nation.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth, or the amount of global atmosphere CO2, or how much CO2 is produced by Man's activities.

Trump did the right thing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

Earl (07-15-2019)

9. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,
    I have been perfectly honest about President Trump,
    Lie.
    and I respect the office.
    Lie.
    My only objections have been to what he does.
    ...such as?
    Everything that alarms me about Trump's performance is documented.
    False authority fallacy.
    Sometimes, I even dispute what appears to be a false unsupported claim.
    Lie.
    My approach has been one of verification and careful analysis.
    Lie.
    My conclusion is that Trump was barely elected,
    306 - 232 is not 'barely'.
    and has managed to cling to power only through media manipulation.
    You mean the media that constantly lies about him, makes up stories about him, insults him, and does everything it can to denigrate him?
    Trump has rejected Climate Change
    Define 'climate change'.
    and hurt our progress in dealing with it.
    What progress?? There is no progress in dealing with something undefined.
    Anything that is not helping is hurting.
    Void argument fallacy. Thought terminating cliche fallacy. Define 'climate change'.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

Earl (07-15-2019)

11. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,492 Times in 7,583 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post

Void argument fallacy. Thought terminating cliche fallacy. Define 'climate change'.
    What I was thinking. The fact that I was eating a baked potato for lunch must mean I was hurting, or by poli's explanation, causing climate change (which is yet to be defined). Is that an example of Void argument fallacy or Thought terminating cliche fallacy?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Earl (07-15-2019)

13. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    What I was thinking. The fact that I was eating a baked potato for lunch must mean I was hurting,
    Don't get along well with baked potatoes?
    or by poli's explanation, causing climate change (which is yet to be defined).
    Nah. Enjoy your potato. You are neither hurting nor changing the climate. Climates have no feelings.
    Is that an example of Void argument fallacy or Thought terminating cliche fallacy?
    A void argument fallacy. It is not possible to relate the eating of a baked potato to a word that is undefined.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

Earl (07-15-2019)

15. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

I have been perfectly honest about President Trump, and I respect the office. My only objections have been to what he does. Everything that alarms me about Trump's performance is documented. Sometimes, I even dispute what appears to be a false unsupported claim. My approach has been one of verification and careful analysis. My conclusion is that Trump was barely elected, and has managed to cling to power only through media manipulation.

Trump has rejected Climate Change and hurt our progress in dealing with it. Anything that is not helping is hurting.
    Why is setting up the PCCS rejecting climate change? Are you terrified that the whole house of cards will come tumbling down? The claims made by alarmists such as Michael Mann, Gavin Schmidt and James Hansen have never been subjected to rigorous independent analysis.

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/c...echange141.htm

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Earl (07-15-2019)

17. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Sirthinksalot,

By providing skewed leadership, profit-friendly executive orders and pulling out of Paris, yes. Trump has made the situation worse. We need to abandon his regressive ideas and start making meaningful progress.
    Yet the USA is the world leader in reducing CO2, why are you such an ignorant twat? How can Paris be the least bit effective when the two biggest polluters, India and China, are totally exempt until at least 2030?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

anatta (07-10-2019)

19. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Conservatives and Trump fans are fooling themselves into believing there is no climate change or that it is not causing migrations from places which are no longer producing food like they once did.

They want to believe the reason immigrants try to get to the USA is because of envy. They want to be a part of the American pie. They want to have the opportunity to work and earn enough to live a comfortable secure life. They want to work and contribute to the US economy, They want to do their share, pull their weight, contribute taxes (with no refunds) into the US Treasury.

Trump fans think envy and wanting to be a part of a great nation is the only reason they choose to leave their homes and undertake such a perilous journey with no guarantee that it will end well for them.

Trump fans say climate change has nothing to do with why people migrate.

Trump fans are wrong.

People in Africa, who cannot feed themselves because rain patterns have changed and made sustenance farming impossible are risking their lives to cross the Mediterranean Sea.

Why then, with climate change the clear reason behind African migration, is it so unbelievable that climate change is also beginning to drive people out of Central America?

It has long been predicted that climate change would drive migration away from the warmer climates northward. Now that we are seeing it happen, it is only predictable that deniers will refuse to believe it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

20. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-15-2019)

21. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

So how did Trump make it worse?
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish For This Post:

Earl (07-15-2019)

23. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Climate change is what drove millions of rural Syrians to the cities, prompting a migration and starvation crisis that kicked off the Syrian Civil War.

We caused that because of our addiction to fossil fuels and war.
    We know you are gay.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

24. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Displacement is a natural consequence of drastic climate changes. Not surprised Trumptards can't observe
    the chess board a mere one move ahead.
    Another idiot.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

25. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Chicken View Post
    Here is an article with supporting data talking about your link:
    "Now, activists have begun trotting out a new argument in favor of open borders: Central American migrants are fleeing climate change. A recent article in The Guardian said that people are leaving Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala because those nations have been "deeply affected by environmental degradation" that has damaged soil quality and crops. Another article this month, from The New Yorker, said climate change is "fueling" the border crisis because "farmers are abandoning their lands" due to weak crops.

Crop yields, however, tell a different story. I analyzed annual yield data from the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization and looked at how the production of the top crops in each Northern Triangle country has changed since 2000.

In all three countries, major crop production has risen in recent years. If climate change were truly adversely affecting farmers, one would expect that crop production would already be down — or at least stagnant."

The conclusion:
    In all three Northern Triangle countries, the majority of the top agricultural products have seen production growth in recent years — in some cases tripling or quadrupling in size. Given the successful crop yields in Latin America, it is hard to imagine that climate change is a major factor driving migration flows. Even with regard to areas with declining production, such as coconuts in Honduras or Coffee in El Salvador, the primary explanatory factors appear to have little to do with climate change.

A much better explanation for the migration surge is not push factors but pull factors — namely our own asylum loopholes such as the Flores Settlement that encourage Latin American families to make the dangerous trek to our southern border where they can then make bogus asylum claims and be allowed entry into the country with minimal chance of removal. Put simply, Central American migrants are by-and-large not coming to America because of life-threatening climate catastrophes. Rather, they're showing up because they know we'll let them stay.

https://cis.org/Sussis/Crop-Data-Sug...igration-Surge
    The real reason they are leaving is because of corruption from their shit govts. And to prevent any uprisings these govts just kick out the people who might rebel and send them north.

If the migrants were forced to stay, they might have enough to rebel and reform their bad govts.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

26. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lake Chad has 90% dried up, leaving 7 million people food insecure.

Oh, but there's no climate migration. It's all a 'hoax,' their hunger is a 'hoax.'
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.