Thread: Appears yet again billy Barr knows exactly why he was appointed

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,242 Times in 13,967 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Default Appears yet again billy Barr knows exactly why he was appointed

"Barr sees a way for census to legally ask about citizenship"

"Attorney General William Barr said Monday he sees a way to legally add a citizenship question to the 2020 census, despite a Supreme Court ruling that blocked its inclusion"

“I agree with him that the Supreme Court decision was wrong,” said Barr. He said he believes there is “an opportunity potentially to cure the lack of clarity that was the problem and we might as well take a shot at doing that.”

"Barr would not detail the administration’s plans"

https://apnews.com/d3455cd57e744af08c5690fe1f0517ae

Just like "spying occurred," no evidence offered, just his feelings, meaning his job assigned by the White House was to further cement the innuendo that a citizenship question will make in on to the 2020 census, next best thing to one actually appearing.

Roly poly billy has turned out to be all that Trump could ask for in a Attorney General, the Roy Cohn he was searching for to cover Trump's ass. And to think the Attorney General used to be the people's attorney, the legal representative of the Government, not the Chief Executive's private lawyer

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,616 Times in 9,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

3. #3 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,615 Times in 17,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post

"Attorney General William Barr said Monday he sees a way to legally add a citizenship question to the 2020 census, despite a Supreme Court ruling that blocked its inclusion"

“I agree with him that the Supreme Court decision was wrong,” said Barr. He said he believes there is “an opportunity potentially to cure the lack of clarity that was the problem and we might as well take a shot at doing that.”

Just like "spying occurred," no evidence offered, just his feelings, meaning his job assigned by the White House was to further cement the innuendo that a citizenship question will make in on to the 2020 census, next best thing to one actually appearing.

Roly poly billy has turned out to be all that Trump could ask for in a Attorney General, the Roy Cohn he was searching for to cover Trump's ass. And to think the Attorney General used to be the people's attorney, the legal representative of the Government, not the Chief Executive's private lawyer

“I’m still enjoying what I’m doing, there’s still work to be done. I’m still the President’s wing-man, so I’m there with my boy. So we’ll see”

Can you recall who said that and about which president?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (07-08-2019)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,242 Times in 13,967 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post

“I’m still enjoying what I’m doing, there’s still work to be done. I’m still the President’s wing-man, so I’m there with my boy. So we’ll see”

Can you recall who said that and about which president?
    Yeah, you are going to tell us Holder, yet Holder never went to the extent defending Obama that roly poly Billy has in just the few months he has been Trump's man, as we have seen, he even "volunteers" his opinion on issues and events without providing a shred of evidence for his belief

6. #5 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,615 Times in 17,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Yeah, you are going to tell us Holder, yet Holder never went to the extent defending Obama that roly poly Billy has in just the few months he has been Trump's man, as we have seen, he even "volunteers" his opinion on issues and events without providing a shred of evidence for his belief
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see if he did, won't we?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Judiciary Act of 1789 created the Office of the Attorney General which evolved over the years into the head of the Department of Justice and chief law enforcement officer of the Federal Government. The Attorney General represents the United States in legal matters generally and gives advice and opinions to the President and to the heads of the executive departments of the Government when so requested. In matters of exceptional gravity or importance the Attorney General appears in person before the Supreme Court. Since the 1870 Act that established the Department of Justice as an executive department of the government of the United States, the Attorney General has guided the world's largest law office and the central agency for enforcement of federal laws.
    https://www.justice.gov/ag/about-office

Which part of this mandate has Barr violated?