Members banned from this thread: Jarod, midcan5, christiefan915, Phantasmal, iolo, Poor Richard Saunders and JPF

Thread: Majority of real Americans support citizen question on Census

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Default Majority of real Americans support citizen question on Census

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...port-question/

All real Americans support common sense immigration laws. There is nothing wrong with asking a citizenship question. I was right when I said that Roberts would be the traitor of the Supreme Court when Kennedy retired.

Now not only do I need Ginsberg to die. I need Roberts to die in a horrific fashion. Maybe he will get struck by lightning or hit by a car or have a massive heart attach.

2. The Following User Groans At canceled.2021.2 For This Awful Post:

Flash (07-04-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

this always happens. He's the new souter.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Green Resin Indica Nug Dank View Post
    this always happens. He's the new souter.
    It does boggle the mind how this always happens to the right and never to the left. Can you name one Justice nominated by a democrat in the last 50 years that sold the left out on a major policy decision?

We have had to endure O'Connor, Souter, Kennedy and now Roberts

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    It does boggle the mind how this always happens to the right and never to the left. Can you name one Justice nominated by a democrat in the last 50 years that sold the left out on a major policy decision?

We have had to endure O'Connor, Souter, Kennedy and now Roberts
    the GOPe sellouts can't betray us all at once. it's like the frog in a boiling pot. they always throw us a bone but hit the brakes with appointing a judge that likes the cocktail circuit in d.c.

It's made me realize that even my "support republicans at least for judges" is very thin reasoning. Someone like mccain would have given us shit tier judges. same with romney too. trump i think has made two solid choices so far.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Green Resin Indica Nug Dank View Post
    the GOPe sellouts can't betray us all at once. it's like the frog in a boiling pot. they always throw us a bone but hit the brakes with appointing a judge that likes the cocktail circuit in d.c.

It's made me realize that even my "support republicans at least for judges" is very thin reasoning. Someone like mccain would have given us shit tier judges. same with romney too. trump i think has made two solid choices so far.

I couldn’t agree more. As I have stated before, McCain and Romney are why we have President Trump. And from where I sit, Sarah Palin will end up going down as the catalyst for the conservative awakening. She needs to run for Senate against Murkowski

This doesn’t end when Trump leaves in 2024. Then we need to put Desantis in the Oval Office until Don Jr is ready

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    All real Americans support common sense immigration laws. There is nothing wrong with asking a citizenship question.
    so all 'real' Americans are either ignorant of, or apathetic of, the constitutional rights protected by the 5th Amendment?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    so all 'real' Americans are either ignorant of, or apathetic of, the constitutional rights protected by the 5th Amendment?
    Amendment V
    No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not sure how the 5th Amendment applies to a citizenship question on the Census form, but I am all a dither waiting for you to explain it

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Haynes v US extended 5th Amendment protections of self incrimination so that those who are, or might be, in violation of the law do not have to answer questions that would implicate or incriminate them in a crime.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Haynes v US extended 5th Amendment protections of self incrimination so that those who are, or might be, in violation of the law do not have to answer questions that would implicate or incriminate them in a crime.
    So the census question incriminates illegal aliens who broke our laws? Interesting

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    So the census question incriminates illegal aliens who broke our laws? Interesting
    it could