Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow... somebody is working it...

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Wow... somebody is working it...

Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

sad.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I thought this thread was going to be about me. I’ve been doing an hour bike ride along with a three mile run every morning. I feel like I’m high all morning. It’s great.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Good for you Darla.

a much more interesting post than Damo trying to weasle out from under what the bushies did to McCain in 2000.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    I thought this thread was going to be about me. I’ve been doing an hour bike ride along with a three mile run every morning. I feel like I’m high all morning. It’s great.
    That's hot.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    Good for you Darla.

a much more interesting post than Damo trying to weasle out from under what the bushies did to McCain in 2000.
    LOL

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    That's hot.
    No I’m not saying it to be hot, swear to God. It’s just that I forgot how much I love bicycling. It’s so great. I made it up this very steep hill this morning. I love it. And stopping at the track to do my normal run, you just feel so great afterwards.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No I’m not saying it to be hot, swear to God. It’s just that I forgot how much I love bicycling. It’s so great. I made it up this very steep hill this morning. I love it. And stopping at the track to do my normal run, you just feel so great afterwards.
    It's still hot.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Endorphins. Gotta love em.

What kind of bike ya got?
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So... will we see you out here next year???

http://www.ridetherockies.com/

This year....people from all 50 states and 9 countries participated. You could represent the NY'ers next year.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    So... will we see you out here next year???

http://www.ridetherockies.com/

This year....people from all 50 states and 9 countries participated. You could represent the NY'ers next year.
    No, you won’t see me there next year. That is very definitely over my head, especially when you factor in altitude changes.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Endorphins. Gotta love em.

What kind of bike ya got?
    I don’t remember, I can check tonight. It’s not anything special, it was cheap. I was actually thinking just this morning, that I might want to get a good bike. What do you recommend?

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don’t remember, I can check tonight. It’s not anything special, it was cheap. I was actually thinking just this morning, that I might want to get a good bike. What do you recommend?
    Obviously it would depend on what type of riding you do and what you want to spend. I am not familiar with the terrain that you ride, so I would suggest looking for a bike shop that can help determine the best bike for your situation. Personally I have a Bianchi Veloce and love it. But I also ride over 2k miles a year, so I have recouped the cost of the bike in savings on gas alone.

Side note... anyone can do that ride I posted. There was a ten year old kid riding it this year along with a 78 year old. It took them longer than most to finish each day, but they did it. There were also some severely out of shape people that did it... it is those that I was most impressed with.... Mind over matter.
    Quote from Cypress:

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Obviously it would depend on what type of riding you do and what you want to spend. I am not familiar with the terrain that you ride, so I would suggest looking for a bike shop that can help determine the best bike for your situation. Personally I have a Bianchi Veloce and love it. But I also ride over 2k miles a year, so I have recouped the cost of the bike in savings on gas alone.

Side note... anyone can do that ride I posted. There was a ten year old kid riding it this year along with a 78 year old. It took them longer than most to finish each day, but they did it. There were also some severely out of shape people that did it... it is those that I was most impressed with.... Mind over matter.
    Yeah I figured the best way was to go to one of those small bike shops, rather than a large chain store where you don’t get much guidance. Ok.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yeah I figured the best way was to go to one of those small bike shops, rather than a large chain store where you don’t get much guidance. Ok.
    If the large chain is pure bike shop, then they should be good as well. But if it is a sporting goods store, then I agree, you will likely get better advice from a specialty bike shop.
    Quote from Cypress: