Members banned from this thread: tinfoil, Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl, lisasanders1964 and Vasquezrocks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Detainees 'Drink From Toilet?' Rush 'A Step Up For Them' Does He Drink What He Spews?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Stretch,

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    As do we all. That's why I gave you the link to help get you caught up.
    Thanks but... Pardon me. I am not going to go back and read through an old thread and waste my time weeding through food fights. I optimize my time spent here. That's why I began this thread. And did the other one specifically name Rush Limbaugh in the title? If not, then it's not the same thread.

Also, my threads have a completely different tone to them. I minimize trash talking. I thread ban everybody from my Ignore List. That turns it into more of a discussion about the actual subject.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth Omar,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Do you think forcing immigrants to drink from [actual] toilets is a fantastic claim that should require more than hearsay evidence?

I certainly do.
    I agree. There should be an investigation.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez,

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    Have you ever drank the "potable" water in Guatemala?
    It is well known that humans develop natural stomach bugs attuned to the local water. Tourists are wise to drink bottled water wherever they go. Water that the locals can drink may not be a good idea for people from another region. And that could also explain why some of the detainees get sick.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth Omar,

I agree. There should be an investigation.
    Well, I believe there was and it turned out to be government/institution type toilet facilities lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Well, I believe there was and it turned out to be government/institution type toilet facilities lol.
    There should be an investigation to see if a CBP agent told a detainee they should drink from a toilet.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

It is well known that humans develop natural stomach bugs attuned to the local water. Tourists are wise to drink bottled water wherever they go. Water that the locals can drink may not be a good idea for people from another region. And that could also explain why some of the detainees get sick.
    Why do these things always have to be explained? Just how unworldly are some people?

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cinnabar,

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Why do these things always have to be explained? Just how unworldly are some people?
    They have no good position, so they play dumb as an attempted deflection.

If they had a good position, they would rely on that.

The fact that they feel the need to resort to playing dumb indicates they know they don't have a good position.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Hello Cinnabar,

They have no good position, so they play dumb as an attempted deflection.

If they had a good position, they would rely on that.

The fact that they feel the need to resort to playing dumb indicates they know they don't have a good position.
    I do not believe they are playing dumb. Sorry...this is the anti-science cult.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah, not what I'm talking about. Look up Cryptosporidium, I got it from shower water(you are not incorrect though, we were told not to drink the water because of a different set of minerals in it)
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    Yeah, not what I'm talking about. Look up Cryptosporidium, I got it from shower water(you are not incorrect though, we were told not to drink the water because of a different set of minerals in it)
    Yuk. That sounds awful. Sorry to hear you had that experience. Must have been dreadful.

Apparently it's a tough bug to filter out. Even chlorine doesn't typically kill it. For that reason, it is found in many countries, including the good old USA.

"In the United States, the germ Cryptosporidium (or “Crypto” for short) sickens almost 750,000 people each year with diarrhea that can last for weeks."

CDC Works to Improve Cryptosporidium Tracking in the United States

One of the reasons it is wrong to tell detainees to drink from the toilet.