Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weed Shack

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    You gonna celebrate the 50th anniversary of the moon landing with a Centrum Silver cocktail? lol

This is definitely an interesting anniversary year.... Woodstock, the Moon landing, the Manson murders, Chappaquidick, ARPANET and PBS were born, Golda Meir became PM of Israel, Stonewall riots, the Chicago 7 trial, and my parents took my sister and me for a three-week-long journey out West to see the National Parks and other cool stuff including two cousins we'd never met and haven't seen since. lol

What events do you remember from that momentous year?
    there were SO MANY.. nice list~

It was the year I went to my first large scale anti-war demonstration at College Park Md. ( U of Md.)

a riot broke out. cops charged the rioters ( demonstrators) and the demonstrators threw Molotov cocktails and rocks -unreal- stuff flying over my head and the skirmish line going back and forth. they tossed back the tear gas cannisters too.

A cop pulled up next to me on horse back and raised his club to knock me on the head. I cowered.
    for some reason he pulled his horse up and wheeled away. I thought i was gonna get beaten.

That was it though, I found a concrete stairwell next to one of the buildings,and spent the night at the bottom of that stair well - it went on all night

2. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-07-2019)

3. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,386 Times in 53,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    there were SO MANY.. nice list~

It was the year I went to my first large scale anti-war demonstration at College Park Md. ( U of Md.)

a riot broke out. cops charged the rioters ( demonstrators) and the demonstrators threw Molotov cocktails and rocks -unreal- stuff flying over my head and the skirmish line going back and forth. they tossed back the tear gas cannisters too.

A cop pulled up next to me on horse back and raised his club to knock me on the head. I cowered.
    for some reason he pulled his horse up and wheeled away. I thought i was gonna get beaten.

That was it though, I found a concrete stairwell next to one of the buildings,and spent the night at the bottom of that stair well - it went on all night
    Holy shit! Wow, can't even imagine. Nothing like that where we lived (St. Louis), but every night it played out on the news, over and over. How awesome to have been part of history like that.

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Holy shit! Wow, can't even imagine. Nothing like that where we lived (St. Louis), but every night it played out on the news, over and over. How awesome to have been part of history like that.
    it is seared in my memory. Not sure if I consider it "awesome" it was terrifying at the time -especially the
    rocks and Molotovs overhead and the tear gas and the National Guard, and the moving skirmish line...*yikes*

I had my back up aginst the wall in the bottom of the stairwell all night..just waiting for some shit to come down at me.

The students shut down US-1 most of the night I heard later

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

6. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

it is seared in my memory. Not sure if I consider it "awesome" it was terrifying at the time -especially the
    rocks and Molotovs overhead and the tear gas and the National Guard, and the moving skirmish line...*yikes*

I had my back up aginst the wall in the bottom of the stairwell all night..just waiting for some shit to come down at me.

The students shut down US-1 most of the night I heard later
    Do you have pics of yourself from back then?

7. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do you have pics of yourself from back then?
    I doubt it..they would be Polaroids that have long yellowed out

Long black straight hair, John Lennon wire rim glasses, and carried a gut.. I'm getting rid of the gut though -
    I dropped 25 pounds and am swimming EVERY DAY

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

9. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I doubt it..they would be Polaroids that have long yellowed out

Long black straight hair, John Lennon wire rim glasses, and carried a gut.. I'm getting rid of the gut though -
    I dropped 25 pounds and am swimming EVERY DAY
    Oh wow.... good for you!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

anatta (07-07-2019)

11. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

this thread still going?

Well, time for a review.

This sessions weed of choice is called Citrus Sap.

The strain is a sativa leaning hybrid. This particular batch has a THC content of about 15%. This is a bit on the low end for yours truly, but I bought it for it's supposed very relaxing properties. According to leafly, it's very relaxing and uplifting. Medially, it's great for handling stress and pain primarily. Negatives are potential dry mouth, though I have not personally experienced this so far.

The texture is very spongy and soft. I love it when weed is like that. Not brittle, not falling apart to dust. This has a real squish too it.
    It smells very grapefruity mixed with that musty smell of your grandmothers piano she put in her basement. Yum.

Taste.... is sparse. Sublte if you will, a bit earthy and grassy (as in actual grass, not weed parlance).

Overall effect is pretty mild. I would say it delivers on the relaxing/chill front. This may be good choice for "taking the edge off" while not being completely blasted at the same time.

However, I have vaped oil concentrates for the past month, so it could be my tolerance is up again and I need another tolerance break.

I will have to do more tests for my final review, but as of first impressions, I am going to give it a grade of "respectable and intriguing"

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

12. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

my review scale is as follows:

Level 1: Not worth it/not good/disappointing/would rather I spent my money on something else
    Level 2: Respectable/decent/intriguing/interesting/no regrets purchasing/niche value
    Level 3: Exceptional/a bonefide standout/better than most strains/would buy again

I think 1-10 scales are worthless. What does a 2 or a 3 tell you that a 1 doesn't? Below a certain threshold, it doens't matter how much something sucks. So my scale is basically, it was bad, it's pretty good/decent or it's exceptional. 1, 2 or 3. Easy.

---

Grind is basically right

13. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My next qusi review is due up shortly with a pure sativa called lemon haze. Much higher THC content. Gonna take a night shower and shave off my beard (3 months in at this point, and I dont' give a shit, I'll nuke my beard in an instant).

Nothing better than stoned showers in the summer at night.

---

Grind is basically right

14. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    What? All of my friends smoke weed.
    I know man, it's hard to believe. I forget sometimes not everyone partakes.

At the same time, every time I have stayed in line for a dispensary, I see a good mix of people. Seems equal numbers of women and men, old and young. I do notice that some of the older types have a very northeastern hippie vibe to most of them, think burlington. But plenty of adults just seem like normal people too.

I remember not even 10 years ago still playing that game where you try to figure people out by looking at them, how they talk, how they carry themselves, and try to piece together if they are a stoner or not. I kinda miss those days where cannabis culture was less mainstream and finding someone that was into weed was like this cool thing you both shared. And at the same time you wanted to keep it on the downlow amongst strangers because you don't know how they'd react.

Of course, I am not complaining, it's 1000 times better the way it is today. And just like we have wine snobs now, weed culture will continue to evolve and we'll still have our types that are more into it than others.

However, what has changed is I think that game I was describing wher eyou try to feel people out, isn't as useful anymore. Today, I don't think you would be able to tell by looking at all these people if they smoked weed. At this point, I assume most people have at some point in their lives, to not have smoked would be the exception, but perhaps that is just liberal massachusetts and the midwest/south still have more of a social stigma where they don't want to broadcast it. I wonder if motts friends are a bit stealth in that regard.

---

Grind is basically right

15. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

fuck... i need a tolerance break. this sucks.

starting tomorrow... i guess... for 7 days? ;_;

im so bummed now lol. fucking concentrates.

---

Grind is basically right

16. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by I'm coming to get you View Post
    fuck... i need a tolerance break. this sucks.

starting tomorrow... i guess... for 7 days? ;_;

im so bummed now lol. fucking concentrates.
    with that quality weed you are way over-partaking.

I'm told from my weed guy ( Florida means you still need a weed guy) that the CA hi-dose sensimilla
    is being seized by the Post Office, and we are in a drought for excellent herb.

I don't smoke daytime ( reduces mental clarity) and at night it's a couple tokes spaced out over time.

The glut of good weed means you might be smoking more and enjoying it less.
    kick the daytime use for awhile, that should keep you high for relaxation later

"Everybody's smoking but no ones getting high" - John Lennon

17. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

with that quality weed you are way over-partaking.

I'm told from my weed guy ( Florida means you still need a weed guy) that the CA hi-dose sensimilla
    is being seized by the Post Office, and we are in a drought for excellent herb.

I don't smoke daytime ( reduces mental clarity) and at night it's a couple tokes spaced out over time.

The glut of good weed means you might be smoking more and enjoying it less.
    kick the daytime use for awhile, that should keep you high for relaxation later
    i actually don't usually use during the day. every now and then on the weekend i might try to make the day more interesting. or if there is rain during the day, I'll do it then. but on an average day I use it at night to wind down.

In the old days I would vape a couple of times a month, and I miss those days, because it was always this special little thing I was doing and it was like this major fun thing. Now it's just routine.

and I had concentrates for the last month which will get your tolerance up realll quick.

so yeah, time for another tolerance break. 7 days, lets go.

---

Grind is basically right

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

anatta (07-08-2019)

19. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My next qusi review is due up shortly with a pure sativa called lemon haze. Much higher THC content. Gonna take a night shower and shave off my beard (3 months in at this point, and I dont' give a shit, I'll nuke my beard in an instant).

Nothing better than stoned showers in the summer at night.
    Since you've confessed to having a black thumb, is it safe to assume that you get your weed at a shop? How is it dispensed there for vaping? How much does it cost?

20. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

i actually don't usually use during the day. every now and then on the weekend i might try to make the day more interesting. or if there is rain during the day, I'll do it then. but on an average day I use it at night to wind down.

In the old days I would vape a couple of times a month, and I miss those days, because it was always this special little thing I was doing and it was like this major fun thing. Now it's just routine.

and I had concentrates for the last month which will get your tolerance up realll quick.

so yeah, time for another tolerance break. 7 days, lets go.
    it must be the concentrates then .
    I smoke nightly and the dosage rarely changes - I keep it to a minimum..concentrations are the culprit as you say.