Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,035 Times in 13,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Default Tanks? Now we got tanks?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Fourth of July was always a cookout or picnic, hamburgers, hotdogs and potato salad, maybe a local parade, and perhaps a bonfire or fireworks at dusk. Low key, defiantly no politics, day of celebration and reflection

But now we got a President who wants to pimp the day to promote himself, all on taxpayers' dime. A military parade, autocratic style, a televised Presidential address, all an effort to make it all about Trump. Certainly the family will be featured and all then Trump lackeys front and center, Fox beginning to end coverage, and the Trumpkins sitting at home watching on TV

And tanks

Welcome to a "greater America," hope he doesn't hump a flag again

2. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-03-2019)

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Cypress (07-03-2019), Guno צְבִי (07-02-2019), katzgar (07-04-2019), moon (07-03-2019), Phantasmal (07-02-2019), signalmankenneth (07-02-2019), ThatOwlWoman (07-02-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Fourth of July was always a cookout or picnic, hamburgers, hotdogs and potato salad, maybe a local parade, and perhaps a bonfire or fireworks at dusk. Low key, defiantly no politics, day of celebration and reflection

But now we got a President who wants to pimp the day to promote himself, all on taxpayers' dime. A military parade, autocratic style, a televised Presidential address, all an effort to make it all about Trump. Certainly the family will be featured and all then Trump lackeys front and center, Fox beginning to end coverage, and the Trumpkins sitting at home watching on TV

And tanks

What the fuck do you think fireworks represent, dumbass. Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me. How do you even remember to breathe, or blink your eyes? It's a miracle.
    Every life matters

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    What the fuck do you think fireworks represent, dumbass. Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me. How do you even remember to breathe, or blink your eyes? It's a miracle.
    Fireworks are part of the celebration, has been, traditional, focusing the day on Trump is not celebrating nor traditional, as I said, it is Trump primping the holiday to make it all about him

6. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-03-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Fireworks are part of the celebration, has been, traditional, focusing the day on Trump is not celebrating nor traditional, as I said, it is Trump primping the holiday to make it all about him
    Another clueless leftist loon. Cry harder sissy.

https://time.com/4828701/first-firew...tory-july-4th/

After all, John Adams did say he hoped the anniversary of independence would be marked for years to come by “guns” and “bonfires” and “illuminations.” Because the first July 4 fireworks display happened in the middle of the Revolutionary War, some historians believe they were supposed to be a “morale booster.” The celebrations at the time would have also included the firing of cannons and guns, adding to the explosive nature of the festivities. With the war’s end and increasing concern for public safety, those firearms were eventually phased out of the celebrations and replaced almost entirely by the fireworks, which were often given the official stamp of approval in the hope of drawing citizens to public celebrations instead of more dangerous private firework shows.
    Every life matters

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Another clueless leftist loon. Cry harder sissy.
    ]
    Pretty funny, you had to go back two hundred plus years attempting to find justification for Trump pimping the Fourth

Well, if that is the case why is Trump getting involved, DC has had major fireworks shows on the Fourth, as well as big and small regions have for years. Why do we now need a keynote Presidential address, a military parade reviewed by the President along withhis family/friends? Why do we have to make the day suddenly about the President?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-02-2019)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Pretty funny, you had to go back two hundred plus years attempting to find justification for Trump pimping the Fourth

Well, if that is the case why is Trump getting involved, DC has had major fireworks shows on the Fourth, as well as big and small regions have for years. Why do we now need a keynote Presidential address, a military parade reviewed by the President along withhis family/friends? Why do we have to make the day suddenly about the President?
    Ummmm, yeah, it's called tradition. Of course libs hate the founding fathers, and everything America stands for. Take your anti Americanism and shove it up your ass.
    Every life matters

11. #7 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,508 Times in 16,972 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Are you retarded? Parades occur during the day, fireworks occur after dark
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-03-2019)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

If Trump says one word,that's about the campaign,Federal Marshals should arrest him on the spot.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,926 Times in 11,513 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    If Trump says one word,that's about the campaign,Federal Marshals should arrest him on the spot.
    Why? Did you know it's legal to campaign in the United States?

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Why? Did you know it's legal to campaign in the United States?
    Not everywhere and not all the time. Do you know that? No, of course not.

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

And tanks

Hopefully the Trumpanzees are all out enjoying the day with family and friends, rather than watching the LoveMeLongTimeLookAtMEEEE nonsense.

I made Mr. Owl spit his Coke out the other day when they showed the Toadstool on the news yammering about the festivities. "There's going to be our best planes flying over, and tanks on the side, and..." (paraphrased but very close to what he said). I piped up in a kid's voice: "And clowns and elephants and the bearded lady and the strong man too! Can we go, Daddy, can we?"

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (07-03-2019), evince (07-03-2019), Guno צְבִי (07-02-2019), moon (07-03-2019), Phantasmal (07-02-2019), signalmankenneth (07-02-2019)

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Hopefully the Trumpanzees are all out enjoying the day with family and friends, rather than watching the LoveMeLongTimeLookAtMEEEE nonsense.

I made Mr. Owl spit his Coke out the other day when they showed the Toadstool on the news yammering about the festivities. "There's going to be our best planes flying over, and tanks on the side, and..." (paraphrased but very close to what he said). I piped up in a kid's voice: "And clowns and elephants and the bearded lady and the strong man too! Can we go, Daddy, can we?"
    So Mr. Owl enjoys some Bolivian Marching Powder, I guess you'd need some strong pharmaceuticals to live with a nightmare like you.

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    So Mr. Owl enjoys some Bolivian Marching Powder, I guess you'd need some strong pharmaceuticals to live with a nightmare like you.
    Go away, sad Limey, and meddle in your own fuckish political situation.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Micawber (07-02-2019), signalmankenneth (07-02-2019)

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Go away, sad Limey, and meddle in your own fuckish political situation.
    I been here 10 years and survived the worst shit that uber-feminazis like Darla et al have thrown at me, you're just a pussy by comparison. The comment was actually made in jest but maybe I touched a raw nerve?

22. The Following User Groans At cancel2 2022 For This Awful Post:

signalmankenneth (07-02-2019)

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    I been here 10 years and survived the worst shit that uber-feminazis like Darla et al have thrown at me, you're just a pussy by comparison. The comment was actually made in jest but maybe I touched a raw nerve?
    Oh dear, it must be bad when Kartoon Kenny comes to the rescue!!