Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 117

Thread: Tanks? Now we got tanks?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    18,528
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8,601 Times in 5,496 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,222 Posts

    Default Tanks? Now we got tanks?

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Fourth of July was always a cookout or picnic, hamburgers, hotdogs and potato salad, maybe a local parade, and perhaps a bonfire or fireworks at dusk. Low key, defiantly no politics, day of celebration and reflection

    But now we got a President who wants to pimp the day to promote himself, all on taxpayers' dime. A military parade, autocratic style, a televised Presidential address, all an effort to make it all about Trump. Certainly the family will be featured and all then Trump lackeys front and center, Fox beginning to end coverage, and the Trumpkins sitting at home watching on TV

    And tanks

    Welcome to a "greater America," hope he doesn't hump a flag again

  2. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

    Earl (07-03-2019)

  3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

    Cypress (07-03-2019), guno (07-02-2019), katzgar (07-04-2019), moon (07-03-2019), Phantasmal (07-02-2019), signalmankenneth (07-02-2019), ThatOwlWoman (07-02-2019)

  4. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    12,217
    Thanks
    2,105
    Thanked 7,693 Times in 5,446 Posts
    Groans
    551
    Groaned 461 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Fourth of July was always a cookout or picnic, hamburgers, hotdogs and potato salad, maybe a local parade, and perhaps a bonfire or fireworks at dusk. Low key, defiantly no politics, day of celebration and reflection

    But now we got a President who wants to pimp the day to promote himself, all on taxpayers' dime. A military parade, autocratic style, a televised Presidential address, all an effort to make it all about Trump. Certainly the family will be featured and all then Trump lackeys front and center, Fox beginning to end coverage, and the Trumpkins sitting at home watching on TV

    And tanks

    Welcome to a "greater America," hope he doesn't hump a flag again
    What the fuck do you think fireworks represent, dumbass. Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me. How do you even remember to breathe, or blink your eyes? It's a miracle.
    Liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    18,528
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8,601 Times in 5,496 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,222 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    What the fuck do you think fireworks represent, dumbass. Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me. How do you even remember to breathe, or blink your eyes? It's a miracle.
    Fireworks are part of the celebration, has been, traditional, focusing the day on Trump is not celebrating nor traditional, as I said, it is Trump primping the holiday to make it all about him

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

    guno (07-03-2019)

  7. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    12,217
    Thanks
    2,105
    Thanked 7,693 Times in 5,446 Posts
    Groans
    551
    Groaned 461 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Fireworks are part of the celebration, has been, traditional, focusing the day on Trump is not celebrating nor traditional, as I said, it is Trump primping the holiday to make it all about him
    Another clueless leftist loon. Cry harder sissy.

    https://time.com/4828701/first-firew...tory-july-4th/

    After all, John Adams did say he hoped the anniversary of independence would be marked for years to come by “guns” and “bonfires” and “illuminations.” Because the first July 4 fireworks display happened in the middle of the Revolutionary War, some historians believe they were supposed to be a “morale booster.” The celebrations at the time would have also included the firing of cannons and guns, adding to the explosive nature of the festivities. With the war’s end and increasing concern for public safety, those firearms were eventually phased out of the celebrations and replaced almost entirely by the fireworks, which were often given the official stamp of approval in the hope of drawing citizens to public celebrations instead of more dangerous private firework shows.
    Liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    18,528
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8,601 Times in 5,496 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,222 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Another clueless leftist loon. Cry harder sissy.
    ]
    Pretty funny, you had to go back two hundred plus years attempting to find justification for Trump pimping the Fourth

    Well, if that is the case why is Trump getting involved, DC has had major fireworks shows on the Fourth, as well as big and small regions have for years. Why do we now need a keynote Presidential address, a military parade reviewed by the President along withhis family/friends? Why do we have to make the day suddenly about the President?

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

    guno (07-02-2019)

  10. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    12,217
    Thanks
    2,105
    Thanked 7,693 Times in 5,446 Posts
    Groans
    551
    Groaned 461 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Pretty funny, you had to go back two hundred plus years attempting to find justification for Trump pimping the Fourth

    Well, if that is the case why is Trump getting involved, DC has had major fireworks shows on the Fourth, as well as big and small regions have for years. Why do we now need a keynote Presidential address, a military parade reviewed by the President along withhis family/friends? Why do we have to make the day suddenly about the President?
    Ummmm, yeah, it's called tradition. Of course libs hate the founding fathers, and everything America stands for. Take your anti Americanism and shove it up your ass.
    Liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent

  11. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America "clinging to my God and Guns"
    Posts
    13,655
    Thanks
    1,845
    Thanked 8,749 Times in 6,306 Posts
    Groans
    73
    Groaned 204 Times in 194 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Pretty funny, you had to go back two hundred plus years attempting to find justification for Trump pimping the Fourth

    Well, if that is the case why is Trump getting involved, DC has had major fireworks shows on the Fourth, as well as big and small regions have for years. Why do we now need a keynote Presidential address, a military parade reviewed by the President along withhis family/friends? Why do we have to make the day suddenly about the President?
    Are you retarded? Parades occur during the day, fireworks occur after dark
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

    Havana Moon (07-03-2019)

  13. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    21,350
    Thanks
    2,416
    Thanked 6,391 Times in 5,253 Posts
    Groans
    439
    Groaned 982 Times in 962 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Fireworks are part of the celebration, has been, traditional, focusing the day on Trump is not celebrating nor traditional, as I said, it is Trump primping the holiday to make it all about him
    If Trump says one word,that's about the campaign,Federal Marshals should arrest him on the spot.
    Melchizedek

  14. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    9,890
    Thanks
    1,942
    Thanked 2,554 Times in 2,215 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 116 Times in 112 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    If Trump says one word,that's about the campaign,Federal Marshals should arrest him on the spot.
    Why? Did you know it's legal to campaign in the United States?

  15. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    5,960
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 2,581 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    838
    Groaned 819 Times in 752 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Why? Did you know it's legal to campaign in the United States?
    Not everywhere and not all the time. Do you know that? No, of course not.

  16. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    26,975
    Thanks
    47,671
    Thanked 19,184 Times in 12,010 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,917 Times in 1,798 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Fourth of July was always a cookout or picnic, hamburgers, hotdogs and potato salad, maybe a local parade, and perhaps a bonfire or fireworks at dusk. Low key, defiantly no politics, day of celebration and reflection

    But now we got a President who wants to pimp the day to promote himself, all on taxpayers' dime. A military parade, autocratic style, a televised Presidential address, all an effort to make it all about Trump. Certainly the family will be featured and all then Trump lackeys front and center, Fox beginning to end coverage, and the Trumpkins sitting at home watching on TV

    And tanks

    Welcome to a "greater America," hope he doesn't hump a flag again
    Hopefully the Trumpanzees are all out enjoying the day with family and friends, rather than watching the LoveMeLongTimeLookAtMEEEE nonsense.

    I made Mr. Owl spit his Coke out the other day when they showed the Toadstool on the news yammering about the festivities. "There's going to be our best planes flying over, and tanks on the side, and..." (paraphrased but very close to what he said). I piped up in a kid's voice: "And clowns and elephants and the bearded lady and the strong man too! Can we go, Daddy, can we?"

  17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    Cypress (07-03-2019), evince (07-03-2019), guno (07-02-2019), moon (07-03-2019), Phantasmal (07-02-2019), signalmankenneth (07-02-2019)

  18. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    78,759
    Thanks
    33,984
    Thanked 22,792 Times in 17,579 Posts
    Groans
    25,156
    Groaned 3,710 Times in 3,530 Posts
    Blog Entries
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Hopefully the Trumpanzees are all out enjoying the day with family and friends, rather than watching the LoveMeLongTimeLookAtMEEEE nonsense.

    I made Mr. Owl spit his Coke out the other day when they showed the Toadstool on the news yammering about the festivities. "There's going to be our best planes flying over, and tanks on the side, and..." (paraphrased but very close to what he said). I piped up in a kid's voice: "And clowns and elephants and the bearded lady and the strong man too! Can we go, Daddy, can we?"
    So Mr. Owl enjoys some Bolivian Marching Powder, I guess you'd need some strong pharmaceuticals to live with a nightmare like you.
    In rejecting their view [Spinoza, Leibnitz and Hegel], as I shall contend that we must, we are committing ourselves to the opinion that “truth” in empirical material has a meaning different from that which it bears in logic and mathematics.”

    Bertrand Russell, “An Inquiry Into Meaning & Truth” (1940)

  19. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    26,975
    Thanks
    47,671
    Thanked 19,184 Times in 12,010 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,917 Times in 1,798 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    So Mr. Owl enjoys some Bolivian Marching Powder, I guess you'd need some strong pharmaceuticals to live with a nightmare like you.
    Go away, sad Limey, and meddle in your own fuckish political situation.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    Micawber (07-02-2019), signalmankenneth (07-02-2019)

  21. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    78,759
    Thanks
    33,984
    Thanked 22,792 Times in 17,579 Posts
    Groans
    25,156
    Groaned 3,710 Times in 3,530 Posts
    Blog Entries
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Go away, sad Limey, and meddle in your own fuckish political situation.
    I been here 10 years and survived the worst shit that uber-feminazis like Darla et al have thrown at me, you're just a pussy by comparison. The comment was actually made in jest but maybe I touched a raw nerve?
    In rejecting their view [Spinoza, Leibnitz and Hegel], as I shall contend that we must, we are committing ourselves to the opinion that “truth” in empirical material has a meaning different from that which it bears in logic and mathematics.”

    Bertrand Russell, “An Inquiry Into Meaning & Truth” (1940)

  22. The Following User Groans At Havana Moon For This Awful Post:

    signalmankenneth (07-02-2019)

  23. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    78,759
    Thanks
    33,984
    Thanked 22,792 Times in 17,579 Posts
    Groans
    25,156
    Groaned 3,710 Times in 3,530 Posts
    Blog Entries
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    I been here 10 years and survived the worst shit that uber-feminazis like Darla et al have thrown at me, you're just a pussy by comparison. The comment was actually made in jest but maybe I touched a raw nerve?
    Oh dear, it must be bad when Kartoon Kenny comes to the rescue!!
    In rejecting their view [Spinoza, Leibnitz and Hegel], as I shall contend that we must, we are committing ourselves to the opinion that “truth” in empirical material has a meaning different from that which it bears in logic and mathematics.”

    Bertrand Russell, “An Inquiry Into Meaning & Truth” (1940)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-02-2019, 12:52 AM
  2. World of Tanks...
    By Cypress in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2019, 06:12 PM
  3. trump Tanks Dow by over 500 Points
    By katzgar in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-13-2019, 03:39 PM
  4. trump tanks the market
    By katzgar in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 01-24-2019, 12:02 AM
  5. Cats in Tanks
    By Havana Moon in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2012, 07:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •