Members banned from this thread: Jarod, Mott the Hoople, evince, USFREEDOM911, Legion, moon, iolo, CFM, jbander, domer76, Nomad, Micawber, TTQ64, mak2, floridafan, CharacterAssassin, Tranquillus in Exile, katzgar, Nordberg, Crazy Cat Lady, Troll, PoliTalker, rjhenn, Guno צְבִי, Jack, LV426, Old Trapper, NiftyNiblick, Yurt, jimmymccready, reagansghost, lisasanders1964 and Doc Dutch

Page 101 of 211 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3165

Thread: The General Store

1. #1501 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Wrong about what? That Trump is a horribly divisive leader? That our country is more divided now than at any other time in our lifetime?
    OK, lets start at the top.

What's wrong with saying he wants to make the U.S.of A. the greatest country on earth? You think it's not? I do.

Scant minority? Should I again have to remind you he won the election? Take out two large cities who vote overwhelmingly Dem, those 3 million votes you claim he lost by become void.

Economy? Of course businesses are afraid of a Dem, they reign in taxes and restrictions which hinder job promotion. If he were bad for the economy, why is the unemployment the lowest in 50 years?

Charlottesville disaster? Who was it that started (and continued with it) all the violence?

Bad people? Sheesh! Again, we read your (and other's) posts. Reichwing? Trumptards?

Divisiveness? Who cancelled classes after the election? Who needed coloring books,
    Play-doh, crying towels and therapy pets to "alleviate" your anxieties from losing?
    Again, we read your (and other's) posts. We see the incessant hatred and witch-
    hunts from (the assholes in) the House and the relentless disrespect and accusations.

None of this shit happened after Obama was elected...twice. We just put our "tails
    between our legs" and kept on living our lives. Why can't you? Why all the hatred?
    Yeah, we disagreed with his policies, but not to the extreme you Dems are, not anywhere close.

I'd say we should quit this discussion out of respect for EE and the hopes this thread doesn't get derailed.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (11-18-2019), TOP (11-18-2019)

3. #1502 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,418 Times in 16,407 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    OK, lets start at the top.

What's wrong with saying he wants to make the U.S.of A. the greatest country on earth? You think it's not? I do.

Scant minority? Should I again have to remind you he won the election? Take out two large cities who vote overwhelmingly Dem, those 3 million votes you claim he lost by become void.

Economy? Of course businesses are afraid of a Dem, they reign in taxes and restrictions which hinder job promotion. If he were bad for the economy, why is the unemployment the lowest in 50 years?

Charlottesville disaster? Who was it that started (and continued with it) all the violence?

Bad people? Sheesh! Again, we read your (and other's) posts. Reichwing? Trumptards?

Divisiveness? Who cancelled classes after the election? Who needed coloring books,
    Play-doh, crying towels and therapy pets to "alleviate" your anxieties from losing?
    hunts from (the assholes in) the House and the relentless disrespect and accusations.

None of this shit happened after Obama was elected...twice. We just put our "tails
    between our legs" and kept on living our lives. Why can't you? Why all the hatred?
    Yeah, we disagreed with his policies, but not to the extreme you Dems are, not anywhere close.

I'd say we should quit this discussion out of respect for EE and the hopes this thread doesn't get derailed.
    ...and that's the truth....So, now let's talk Thanksgiving....it's going to be extra good this year!!

4. #1503 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    America was great when Twittler showed up on our WH steps. We will still be great when we get rid of him.

He lost by 3 million votes. He played the EC game well. Well, *he* didn't. His handlers did.

There was no claim that he's bad for the economy. I stated that he hasn't done anything for it other than come with an (R) after his name. He's been very, very good for you if you're in the 1% though.

White supremacists showed up to show their Nazi asses. Decent American citizens who don't want Nazis marching around showed up to counter protest. I bet if they were still able to, ppl of your dad's generation would have showed up to counter protest too. I seem to recall them doing a great job kicking Nazi ass in the middle of the last century.

I'm not really sure what all this is about. The only ppl I've ever heard talk about coloring books, crying towels, and canceling classes is the Reichwing. The rest of us got on with life. We didn't staple tea bags to our hats and march around crying and sobbing that the liberal black Kenyan Marxist Muslim commie guy was going to destroy the country, while we waved our bang-bang sticks, and held up signs that said "We came unarmed, this time."

As always, you mistake disgust and abhorrence of Trump's loathsome,criminal, and crude behaviors as "hate." It is not. If you (group you) don't also hate bullying, lying, schmoozing up to murderous dictators, selling out our allies, and so on -- the problem lies with you. (group you). As for Obama, he's not president any more. When he was, he did not behave in criminal, treasonous ways. You guys accused him of all kinds of nefarious shit but nothing -- *nothing* -- ever rose to the level that Trump has managed to obtain.

"During Barack Obama's tenure as President of the United States from 2009 to 2017, certain Republican members of Congress, as well as Democratic congressman Dennis Kucinich, stated that Obama had engaged in impeachable activity and that he might face attempts to remove him from office. Rationales offered for possible impeachment included false claims that Obama was born outside the United States, that he allegedly allowed people to use bathrooms based on their gender identity, an alleged White House cover-up after the 2012 Benghazi attack, and failure to enforce immigration laws. No list of articles of impeachment was ever drawn up and proposed to the Judiciary Committee.

"Multiple surveys of U.S. public opinion found that the clear majority of Americans rejected the idea of impeaching Obama, while a majority of Republicans were in favor; for example, CNN found in July 2014 that 57% of Republicans supported these efforts while about two thirds of adult Americans in general disagreed with them." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effort...h_Barack_Obama)

If you don't want your president impeached, don't vote for or support one with a decades-long history of corruption, dishonesty, law-breaking, and fraud. You (R)s are butthurt that Obama didn't offer you the chance to impeach him. What about the last (D) POTUS before him -- remember that? You guys started the investigations the day Clinton was sworn in. Talk about ppl who don't want to accept the election results!
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Phantasmal (11-18-2019)

6. #1504 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,524 Times in 11,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good morning folks. Let me thank all the political discussion participants. You almost proved that we can have a rational civil discussion of politics without it becoming a flame war. But the last post was rapidly sliding in that direction. So at this point let's end the discussion and allow feelings to cool down.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Mason Michaels (11-18-2019)

8. #1505 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

9. #1506 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    Good morning folks. Let me thank all the political discussion participants. You almost proved that we can have a rational civil discussion of politics without it becoming a flame war. But the last post was rapidly sliding in that direction. So at this point let's end the discussion and allow feelings to cool down.
    Indeed...thanks!

10. #1507 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Indeed...thanks!
    Speaking of politics I got a letter from Melania Trump Saturday, urging me to vote. I was completely disappointed she didn't include a photo of herself in a bikini.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

TOP (11-18-2019)

12. #1508 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hmmm, m'kay then. lol You might have tried for fairness by stating "the last POSTS were rapidly....."
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

13. #1509 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Speaking of politics I got a letter from Melinda Trump Saturday, urging me to vote. I was completely disappointed she didn't include a photo of herself in a bikini.
    Who's Melinda Trump?

14. #1510 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Who's Melinda Trump?
    Melania with a typo.

15. #1511 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hmmm, m'kay then. lol You might have tried for fairness by stating "the last POSTS were rapidly....."
    Ok if you insist. lol

16. #1512 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

America was great when Twittler showed up on our WH steps. We will still be great when we get rid of him.

He lost by 3 million votes. He played the EC game well. Well, *he* didn't. His handlers did.

There was no claim that he's bad for the economy. I stated that he hasn't done anything for it other than come with an (R) after his name. He's been very, very good for you if you're in the 1% though.

White supremacists showed up to show their Nazi asses. Decent American citizens who don't want Nazis marching around showed up to counter protest. I bet if they were still able to, ppl of your dad's generation would have showed up to counter protest too. I seem to recall them doing a great job kicking Nazi ass in the middle of the last century.

I'm not really sure what all this is about. The only ppl I've ever heard talk about coloring books, crying towels, and canceling classes is the Reichwing. The rest of us got on with life. We didn't staple tea bags to our hats and march around crying and sobbing that the liberal black Kenyan Marxist Muslim commie guy was going to destroy the country, while we waved our bang-bang sticks, and held up signs that said "We came unarmed, this time."

As always, you mistake disgust and abhorrence of Trump's loathsome,criminal, and crude behaviors as "hate." It is not. If you (group you) don't also hate bullying, lying, schmoozing up to murderous dictators, selling out our allies, and so on -- the problem lies with you. (group you). As for Obama, he's not president any more. When he was, he did not behave in criminal, treasonous ways. You guys accused him of all kinds of nefarious shit but nothing -- *nothing* -- ever rose to the level that Trump has managed to obtain.

"During Barack Obama's tenure as President of the United States from 2009 to 2017, certain Republican members of Congress, as well as Democratic congressman Dennis Kucinich, stated that Obama had engaged in impeachable activity and that he might face attempts to remove him from office. Rationales offered for possible impeachment included false claims that Obama was born outside the United States, that he allegedly allowed people to use bathrooms based on their gender identity, an alleged White House cover-up after the 2012 Benghazi attack, and failure to enforce immigration laws. No list of articles of impeachment was ever drawn up and proposed to the Judiciary Committee.

"Multiple surveys of U.S. public opinion found that the clear majority of Americans rejected the idea of impeaching Obama, while a majority of Republicans were in favor; for example, CNN found in July 2014 that 57% of Republicans supported these efforts while about two thirds of adult Americans in general disagreed with them." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effort...h_Barack_Obama)

If you don't want your president impeached, don't vote for or support one with a decades-long history of corruption, dishonesty, law-breaking, and fraud. You (R)s are butthurt that Obama didn't offer you the chance to impeach him. What about the last (D) POTUS before him -- remember that? You guys started the investigations the day Clinton was sworn in. Talk about ppl who don't want to accept the election results!
    As I said, that was my last post on this topic here.
    I will gladly continue it in another thread if you'd start one, and with NO BANS, as
    it will not be like a previous forum where the hatred of America was overwhelming.
    I will check in later, time permitting, as I have things to do today.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

TOP (11-18-2019)

18. #1513 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Speaking of politics I got a letter from Melania Trump Saturday, urging me to vote. I was completely disappointed she didn't include a photo of herself in a bikini.
    LOL...they're slipping
    ...I never get political letters....I did get one from PP, though...

19. #1514 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

20. #1515 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's what friends are for