Members banned from this thread: Jarod, Mott the Hoople, evince, USFREEDOM911, Legion, moon, iolo, CFM, jbander, domer76, Nomad, Micawber, TTQ64, mak2, floridafan, CharacterAssassin, Tranquillus in Exile, katzgar, Nordberg, Crazy Cat Lady, Troll, PoliTalker, rjhenn, guno, Jack, LV426, Old Trapper, NiftyNiblick, Yurt, jimmymccready, reagansghost, lisasanders1964 and Dutch Uncle


Page 181 of 211 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3165

Thread: The General Store

  1. #2701 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hooterville by the sea
    Posts
    13,331
    Thanks
    1,887
    Thanked 7,104 Times in 5,261 Posts
    Groans
    1,009
    Groaned 286 Times in 272 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Good morning folks. Here are the COVID-19 numbers so far today.


  2. #2702 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    State of Bliss
    Posts
    22,905
    Thanks
    7,095
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    433
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    This week & possibly next are suppose to be the worse, hopefully everyone can hunker down & be safe..

    "Corporate America today is the lobbying arm of the Chinese Communist Party and Wall Street is the investor relations department," Steve Bannon.

    "Tell the truth, I think, for a change," Carter told MSNBC when asked what advice he would give Trump.

  3. #2703 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    22,745
    Thanks
    13,276
    Thanked 7,363 Times in 5,820 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 782 Times in 736 Posts

    Default

    Good Morning

  4. #2704 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    22,745
    Thanks
    13,276
    Thanked 7,363 Times in 5,820 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 782 Times in 736 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    This week & possibly next are suppose to be the worse, hopefully everyone can hunker down & be safe..
    Working together, We'll get through this...

  5. #2705 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hooterville by the sea
    Posts
    13,331
    Thanks
    1,887
    Thanked 7,104 Times in 5,261 Posts
    Groans
    1,009
    Groaned 286 Times in 272 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Good morning, I don't believe they have a clue what will happen. They predict 100,000 to 240,000 deaths but 2 months in and we only have 300,000 confirmed cases and 9,000 deaths. At this point the best thing is to hunker down and were a mask if you must go out. I have to hit the grocery today.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

    TOP (04-06-2020)

  7. #2706 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    22,745
    Thanks
    13,276
    Thanked 7,363 Times in 5,820 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 782 Times in 736 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    Good morning, I don't believe they have a clue what will happen. They predict 100,000 to 240,000 deaths but 2 months in and we only have 300,000 confirmed cases and 9,000 deaths. At this point the best thing is to hunker down and were a mask if you must go out. I have to hit the grocery today.
    Do they have "senior hours" in your town? If so, go tomorrow
    It's nice if they do...big difference....if they don't, ask....

  8. #2707 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    22,745
    Thanks
    13,276
    Thanked 7,363 Times in 5,820 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 782 Times in 736 Posts

    Default

    Good Morning

  9. #2708 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hooterville by the sea
    Posts
    13,331
    Thanks
    1,887
    Thanked 7,104 Times in 5,261 Posts
    Groans
    1,009
    Groaned 286 Times in 272 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Good morning. Went to the grocery yesterday and was pleased to see most people wearing masks. I have had masks on order for over 3 weeks. Fortunately I was able to get two from our daughter.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

    TOP (04-07-2020)

  11. #2709 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    22,745
    Thanks
    13,276
    Thanked 7,363 Times in 5,820 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 782 Times in 736 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    Good morning. Went to the grocery yesterday and was pleased to see most people wearing masks. I have had masks on order for over 3 weeks. Fortunately I was able to get two from our daughter.
    We went yesterday..about half the shoppers had masks....all employees...25 in the store at one time...we waited about ten minutes in line....
    They scrubbed the cart for each person...Store was fully stocked ...no limits...no need....
    Easy to make no sew masks instructions are online, just in case But hope your order comes...everything is "late"....
    We donated goggles yesterday Snow and swim...

  12. #2710 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hooterville by the sea
    Posts
    13,331
    Thanks
    1,887
    Thanked 7,104 Times in 5,261 Posts
    Groans
    1,009
    Groaned 286 Times in 272 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    We went yesterday..about half the shoppers had masks....all employees...25 in the store at one time...we waited about ten minutes in line....
    They scrubbed the cart for each person...Store was fully stocked ...no limits...no need....
    Easy to make no sew masks instructions are online, just in case But hope your order comes...everything is "late"....
    We donated goggles yesterday Snow and swim...
    The bad thing about wearing a mask in Fla. is they are hot they are almost as bad as wearing a gas mask not quite but close.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

    TOP (04-07-2020)

  14. #2711 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    22,745
    Thanks
    13,276
    Thanked 7,363 Times in 5,820 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 782 Times in 736 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    The bad thing about wearing a mask in Fla. is they are hot they are almost as bad as wearing a gas mask not quite but close.
    Would a homemade mask be ok for a trip to the store? Might not be so hot....
    I have a gas mask bag I carried in college-they were all the "rage"...never wore a mask, though...

  15. #2712 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hooterville by the sea
    Posts
    13,331
    Thanks
    1,887
    Thanked 7,104 Times in 5,261 Posts
    Groans
    1,009
    Groaned 286 Times in 272 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Would a homemade mask be ok for a trip to the store? Might not be so hot....
    I have a gas mask bag I carried in college-they were all the "rage"...never wore a mask, though...
    Anything that deflects one breath back at them is going to be hot unless you have internal AC lol. I'll tell you how bad a gas mask is. Military masks have a hood for CB attacks. In Holland in the winter it was below freezing. During exercises we had our masks on for hours. when we pulled our masks off our heads were soaked and the sweat froze but it sure felt good.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (04-07-2020)

  17. #2713 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    30,838
    Thanks
    53,307
    Thanked 22,076 Times in 13,894 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,320 Times in 2,169 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    The bad thing about wearing a mask in Fla. is they are hot they are almost as bad as wearing a gas mask not quite but close.
    My 12-yo g-son has a WWI replica gas mask that he wears when he goes outside. Just for fun, of course. Like all 12-year-olds, he is immortal. lol
    KAG: Keep America Grieving

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    Phantasmal (04-08-2020)

  19. #2714 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    22,745
    Thanks
    13,276
    Thanked 7,363 Times in 5,820 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 782 Times in 736 Posts

    Default

    Enjoy Theme song for Ohio press conferences....

    PS...Both the good doc and the governor live in the hood

  20. #2715 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    22,745
    Thanks
    13,276
    Thanked 7,363 Times in 5,820 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 782 Times in 736 Posts

    Default

    Good Morning

Similar Threads

  1. who needs a gun in a convenience store
    By SmarterthanYou in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 11:21 AM
  2. The Husband Store
    By Grajonca in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 08:33 AM
  3. Messing Around with the store a bit...
    By Damocles in forum Announcements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 08:29 AM
  4. Has Anybody Bought Anything at the JPP Store?
    By CanadianKid in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 10:32 AM
  5. Store
    By Cancel7 in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 09:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •