Members banned from this thread: Jarod, Mott the Hoople, evince, USFREEDOM911, Legion, moon, iolo, CFM, jbander, domer76, Nomad, Micawber, TTQ64, mak2, floridafan, CharacterAssassin, Tranquillus in Exile, katzgar, Nordberg, Crazy Cat Lady, Troll, PoliTalker, rjhenn, Guno צְבִי, Jack, LV426, Old Trapper, NiftyNiblick, Yurt, jimmymccready, reagansghost, lisasanders1964 and Doc Dutch

Page 42 of 211 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Thread: The General Store

1. #616 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,614 Times in 11,611 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good morning every one. Are you ready for the latest episode of Eagle Eye's lawn war? In the last episode our hero fired his lawn man and decided to go it alone again by purchasing a brand new Well known popular brand. The hardware store delivered the shinny new tractor yesterday. Our hero quickly went over the operating instructions after ensuring all fluid levels were correct. Sitting on his new machine he was now master of the lawn, all those weeds blown in by the hurricane would soon be history after being mowed and poisoned. Hitting the key the mighty beast started with a roar. Our hero began cutting row after row till he saw an obstacle in his path. Getting off and removing the obstacle the mighty beast roared back to life. Putting the gear shift in drive (auto transmission) he pressed the go pedal but the beast wouldn't move forward or backward. Something must have broken. Quickly grabbing his cell phone our hero called the store. After some troubleshooting the store to their credit said they would replace it. And will bring a new one right out of the crate this week. Alas the weeds had won this battle but the war isn't over. Tune in next week for another exciting episode of Lawn War.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

TOP (08-18-2019)

3. #617 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,630 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    Good morning every one. Are you ready for the latest episode of Eagle Eye's lawn war? In the last episode our hero fired his lawn man and decided to go it alone again by purchasing a brand new Well known popular brand. The hardware store delivered the shinny new tractor yesterday. Our hero quickly went over the operating instructions after ensuring all fluid levels were correct. Sitting on his new machine he was now master of the lawn, all those weeds blown in by the hurricane would soon be history after being mowed and poisoned. Hitting the key the mighty beast started with a roar. Our hero began cutting row after row till he saw an obstacle in his path. Getting off and removing the obstacle the mighty beast roared back to life. Putting the gear shift in drive (auto transmission) he pressed the go pedal but the beast wouldn't move forward or backward. Something must have broken. Quickly grabbing his cell phone our hero called the store. After some troubleshooting the store to their credit said they would replace it. And will bring a new one right out of the crate this week. Alas the weeds had won this battle but the war isn't over. Tune in next week for another exciting episode of Lawn War.
    I love this....you must take pictures...

4. #618 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Have you been getting a lot of rain out there? Rained all day here yesterday, high was only 77! So nice.

5. #619 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    I love this....you must take pictures...
    I couldn't believe it less than an hour of operation and breaks. I can't fault the tractor maker like anything mechanical it can break. But the department manager was great he said if they didn't have a replacement he would offer me the next higher model with a large discount. Turned out both were still crated so it would be the same time to deliver. If you want the name of the tractor and store PM me.

6. #620 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Have you been getting a lot of rain out there? Rained all day here yesterday, high was only 77! So nice.
    Yes quite a bit. Almost every day for short periods.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Life is Golden (08-18-2019)

8. #621 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,327 Times in 53,234 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL! Did you put on your tri-corner hat and scream at the lawn "I have not yet begun to fight!"?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

9. #622 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,327 Times in 53,234 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Everything is nice and green again?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. #623 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    LOL! Did you put on your tri-corner hat and scream at the lawn "I have not yet begun to fight!"?
    No my sun hat being a woman with a head full of hair you have no idea how painful a sun burn on the top of your head is. LOL

11. #624 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Everything is nice and green again?
    Oh yes, finally!

12. #625 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Had one of these. Put a 429 SCJ in it.

And one of these

and one of these

and one of these

and this

one of these

and one...

WOW, awesome so you fix them up to sell?? Or just wait till an offer you can't refuse then move on to another?
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

13. #626 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    WOW, awesome so you fix them up to sell?? Or just wait till an offer you can't refuse then move on to another?
    All thru the roughest years of my life,this was my car.
    Never had a major repair,great in the snow,easy to work on.
    800px-1972_AMC_Gremlin_X_at_Mason-Dixon_Dragway_2014_purple-2.jpg
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

14. #627 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    All thru the roughest years of my life,this was my car.
    Never had a major repair,great in the snow,easy to work on.
    800px-1972_AMC_Gremlin_X_at_Mason-Dixon_Dragway_2014_purple-2.jpg
    How many miles did you get on it??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

15. #628 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,602 Times in 17,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

They were in good shape when I got them. I drove them until I wanted something else (the '69 Mustang I rolled), the '67 (top) I spent 2 years working on. That one was a rocket!.
    I didn't buy any with the intention of fixing (except the '67) or selling, I bought them to drive and enjoy, just like my Cobra. The '67 was a royal nightmare putting a 429 in where a 289 was, it had a
    nasty cam and would heat up in traffic, but would tease Corvettes (why I built it in the first place).
    I was fortunate to have good jobs and nice cars throughout my life, cars and guns were 2 of my favorite things (along with pretty women!) and I had some nice ones.
    I went to 2 car shows and a cruise in this weekend. I took home 3 trophies, one best of show and there were over 100 cars at each (no awards at the cruise in, just lots of nice cars and great "bullshit"
    sessions). For me, it isn't about winning (although it's nice) as much as seeing what other car enthusiasts have and what they put into their cars. Car guys (and gals) are a great bunch of people with a
    tremendous appreciation of the automobile, but their cars ain't cheap! It's all good clean fun.

Also,
    I had one of these (it was white, but otherwise very similar) and end over end and barrel rolled it. That wasn't much fun...at all.

Last edited by RB 60; 08-18-2019 at 03:56 PM.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

16. #629 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,626 Times in 9,294 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

How many miles did you get on it??
    Hard saying,I had about 15 years,my Dad gave me a Pontiac Sunbird,so I sold it to a girl in the neighborhood,it was still going strong!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

17. #630 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    They were in good shape when I got them. I drove them until I wanted something else (the '69 Mustang I rolled), the '67 (top) I spent 2 years working on. That one was a rocket!.
    I didn't buy any with the intention of fixing (except the '67) or selling, I bought them to drive and enjoy, just like my Cobra. The '67 was a royal nightmare putting a 429 in where a 289 was, it had a
    nasty cam and would heat up in traffic, but would tease Corvettes (why I built it in the first place).
    I was fortunate to have good jobs and nice cars throughout my life, cars and guns were 2 of my favorite things (along with pretty women!) and I had some nice ones.
    I went to 2 car shows and a cruise in this weekend. I took home 3 trophies, one best of show and there were over 100 cars at each (no awards at the cruise in, just lots of nice cars and great "bullshit"
    sessions). For me, it isn't about winning (although it's nice) as much as seeing what other car enthusiasts have and what they put into their cars. Car guys (and gals) are a great bunch of people with a
    tremendous appreciation of the automobile, but their cars ain't cheap! It's all good clean fun.

Also,
    I had one of these (it was white, but otherwise very similar) and end over end and barrel rolled it. That wasn't much fun...at all.