Members banned from this thread: Jarod, Mott the Hoople, evince, USFREEDOM911, Legion, moon, iolo, CFM, jbander, domer76, Nomad, Micawber, TTQ64, mak2, floridafan, CharacterAssassin, Tranquillus in Exile, katzgar, Nordberg, Crazy Cat Lady, Troll, PoliTalker, rjhenn, Guno צְבִי, Jack, LV426, Old Trapper, NiftyNiblick, Yurt, jimmymccready, reagansghost, lisasanders1964 and Doc Dutch

Page 22 of 211 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: The General Store

1. #316 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I love shrimp, and most seafood too. I only eat it in moderation and haven't had a problem.

I worked with a guy who got it really bad from shrimp, clams and beer. He'd take the week off after his Fire Co. clambake, he'd eat and drink until he couldn't walk!
    lol, yea, something is wrong w/ some ppl.. You know what is gonna happen, why do it...lol
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #317 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I usually do the same, drink lots of liquids.

I have 30mg. Oxycodone for pain from past surgeries and Neuropathy but I don't take them until I can't stand it. I get 20 about every 3-4 months.
    Sorry to hear you have that pain.. I have never taken that but I think many of those types of drugs can have some side effects, especially if you don't drink lots of liquids..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

3. #318 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, very lucky. You get disoriented when you hit (I hit the upper back and neck) and when you open your eyes to look for light, everything is green.
    I told all my friends and they passed the word there was a piece of the old bridge there.
    ??You were upside down when you hit it??

4. #319 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Yep, beer is actually one of the worst~very unfair Beer, shrimp but also many fruits, veggies, legumes etc have uric acid..

Although I have never tried it they say straight cherry juice will help a lot to flush it out...
    I drink copious amts of water daily, so not sure why the beer did it, but it sure did. We had gotten a six pack of a local microbrew's dark ale. I had three over the course of three days. Woke up about 2am and felt as though my foot was on fire. Hobbled downstairs in agony, turned on the light, took one look at it and thought "Oh fuck, gout." Couldn't sleep the rest of the night. If I could've gotten back up the stairs I would've had Mr. Owl take me to the ER, it was that bad. Called Walgreens' Doc-on-the-Phone in the morning and got a script for indomethacin, an NSAID. Within two hours after the first dose the pain was gone. Got it again a couple weeks later, after having a dark beer at a restaurant with dinner. This time when the precursor aching started, I took the NSAID right off so it didn't get as bad. Haven't had a beer since, nor any gout. Oh yeah, I tried the cherry juice too, but it didn't do much.

I hope yours never comes back!!

5. #320 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I usually do the same, drink lots of liquids.
    I have 30mg. Oxycodone for pain from past surgeries and Neuropathy but I don't take them until I can't stand it. I get 20 about every 3-4 months.
    You might ask your doc about giving you a script for indomethacin. It's an NSAID, non-opioid, and it knocks the gout pain out just like that.

6. #321 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I drink copious amts of water daily, so not sure why the beer did it, but it sure did. We had gotten a six pack of a local microbrew's dark ale. I had three over the course of three days. Woke up about 2am and felt as though my foot was on fire. Hobbled downstairs in agony, turned on the light, took one look at it and thought "Oh fuck, gout." Couldn't sleep the rest of the night. If I could've gotten back up the stairs I would've had Mr. Owl take me to the ER, it was that bad. Called Walgreens' Doc-on-the-Phone in the morning and got a script for indomethacin, an NSAID. Within two hours after the first dose the pain was gone. Got it again a couple weeks later, after having a dark beer at a restaurant with dinner. This time when the precursor aching started, I took the NSAID right off so it didn't get as bad. Haven't had a beer since, nor any gout. Oh yeah, I tried the cherry juice too, but it didn't do much.

What a story. I hope to never get that.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Bill (07-20-2019)

8. #322 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    What a story. I hope to never get that.
    I hope you don't either. Bill's right about the hereditary stuff; my older brother gets gout off and on and has for years. He doesn't drink alcohol so we figure it must be something else.

9. #323 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,510 Times in 16,973 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

You might ask your doc about giving you a script for indomethacin. It's an NSAID, non-opioid, and it knocks the gout pain out just like that.
    I have an extremely high tolerance to pain killers. They gave me a very high dose of Dilaudid every 2 hours when I had my last surgery and it just took the edge off the pain. I was asking for it before it was time for the next dose more often than not. I did have a script for indomethacin some time back, but haven't taken them for years.
    The Oxys sometimes don't even do much at all unless I take them on an empty stomach and they don't do much for the Neuropathy because it's mostly nerve pain. I just have to get used to it.
    One good thing is I no longer need to take anything for diabetes, I've been watching what I eat and my A1C has been in the low 6's the last 3 blood tests.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Bill (07-20-2019), ThatOwlWoman (07-20-2019)

11. #324 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,416 Times in 16,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good morning

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Bill (07-20-2019)

13. #325 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have an extremely high tolerance to pain killers. They gave me a very high dose of Dilaudid every 2 hours when I had my last surgery and it just took the edge off the pain. I was asking for it before it was time for the next dose more often than not. I did have a script for indomethacin some time back, but haven't taken them for years.
    The Oxys sometimes don't even do much at all unless I take them on an empty stomach and they don't do much for the Neuropathy because it's mostly nerve pain. I just have to get used to it.
    One good thing is I no longer need to take anything for diabetes, I've been watching what I eat and my A1C has been in the low 6's the last 3 blood tests.
    That is good news on the A1C, congratulations!

You're right; opioids don't do much for nerve pain. They generally prescribe Lyrica or gabapentin for that. Some ppl get weird side effects from those though. My youngest has MS but cannot tolerate those meds. at all.

14. #326 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,519 Times in 11,562 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good morning.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Bill (07-20-2019), TOP (07-20-2019)

16. #327 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Good morning.
    It is

17. #328 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

First time I had it I took that & w/in an hour in a half I could feel my toe start to tingle as the raging/throbbing started to subside..

They say each time you get it you become more sensitive??

Surprised that lots of water does not slush it out... It accumulates in joints & fat in tissue..

Did it run in the family?? I think some ppl are more prone..

You always forget all those colds, & even the flu, but you can always remember the first time you meet mr gout..lol

18. #329 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Will be here in Nor Cal... Only 90 & this AM we have a nice cool breeze... Opened all the windows got the house down to mid 60's.

19. #330 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello to everyone from today's fundraiser....out here in the 86 like 95 degree weather, saving another little bit of the world...
    Live music, lots of ice water, and canopies help Good turnout so far...Buckeyes never let a good cause down