Members banned from this thread: tinfoil, Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl, lisasanders1964 and Vasquezrocks

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Real Reason Immigration Resonates With Republicans: They Would Lose Votes & Power

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello StoneByStone,

I don't recall her saying that. Do you have a quote?

All of her solutions are rooted in getting to the actual cause of the problem and taking a logical approach to deal with that.

For instance, on healthcare, she has wryly noted that we don't have a health care system. We have a sick care system. We wait until somebody gets sick and only then to we figure out how to provide care. How about looking at what makes us so sick? There is little oversight to the chemical industry similar to the FDA for food and drugs. The chemical industry is very busy coming up with new chemicals that go into our products. We are exposed to all kinds of new things and we don't even know what the effects are. Things we breath and things we touch, which are absorbed into the skin. The blood of today's children has been tested to contain all kinds of relatively recent compounds which didn't exist 50 years ago. Nobody is doing anything about it. Should we be worried? We don't live as long as people do in other countries and we do get sick more. What is causing this? If we reduce illness and improve lifespan longevity, we won't need to utilize health care services as much, and that will reduce the cost. Americans pay over double for health care over what people in other countries (with longer lifespans) pay.

Sounds like more than a phrase to me.

THAT sounds like a very logical plan.
    Here is her exact quote: "If you think we're going to beat Donald Trump by just having all these plans, you've got another thing coming. Because he didn't win by saying he had a plan. He won by simply saying, 'Make America Great Again.' We've got to get deeper than just these superficial fixes, as important as they are."

Now I believe what you're saying about her plans and ideas, some of them do sound pretty good. But if you look at that quote, she's basically saying, let's stop talking policy and start acting like Trump! That might work for the Republicans, but Democrats actually want a good president.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Hello StoneByStone,

I don't recall her saying that. Do you have a quote?

All of her solutions are rooted in getting to the actual cause of the problem and taking a logical approach to deal with that.

For instance, on healthcare, she has wryly noted that we don't have a health care system. We have a sick care system. We wait until somebody gets sick and only then to we figure out how to provide care. How about looking at what makes us so sick? There is little oversight to the chemical industry similar to the FDA for food and drugs. The chemical industry is very busy coming up with new chemicals that go into our products. We are exposed to all kinds of new things and we don't even know what the effects are. Things we breath and things we touch, which are absorbed into the skin. The blood of today's children has been tested to contain all kinds of relatively recent compounds which didn't exist 50 years ago. Nobody is doing anything about it. Should we be worried? We don't live as long as people do in other countries and we do get sick more. What is causing this? If we reduce illness and improve lifespan longevity, we won't need to utilize health care services as much, and that will reduce the cost. Americans pay over double for health care over what people in other countries (with longer lifespans) pay.

Sounds like more than a phrase to me.

THAT sounds like a very logical plan.
    ridiculous.. Dr's prescribe and advocate for preventive care all the time

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello StoneByStone,

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Here is her exact quote: "If you think we're going to beat Donald Trump by just having all these plans, you've got another thing coming. Because he didn't win by saying he had a plan. He won by simply saying, 'Make America Great Again.' We've got to get deeper than just these superficial fixes, as important as they are."

Now I believe what you're saying about her plans and ideas, some of them do sound pretty good. But if you look at that quote, she's basically saying, let's stop talking policy and start acting like Trump! That might work for the Republicans, but Democrats actually want a good president.
    OK, thanks for the clarification. And I think she is onto something. Both Hillary and Bernie HAD better plans than Trump but he won anyway. His policy proposals were little more than vague slogans. But one thing that cannot be denied is he connected with voters. He has this Elvis-like charisma. Somebody needs to capture that kind of charisma. I doubt Williamson is going to do it, but I am glad she is in the race and getting her message out.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anatta,

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    ridiculous.. Dr's prescribe and advocate for preventive care all the time
    And this deals with the reasons we are getting so sick, ... HOW?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Hello StoneByStone,

OK, thanks for the clarification. And I think she is onto something. Both Hillary and Bernie HAD better plans than Trump but he won anyway. His policy proposals were little more than vague slogans. But one thing that cannot be denied is he connected with voters. He has this Elvis-like charisma. Somebody needs to capture that kind of charisma. I doubt Williamson is going to do it, but I am glad she is in the race and getting her message out.
    There were a few reasons Trump won, but the vague slogans were one of them. So yeah, I agree with Williamson on that. But saying it to a Democrat audience isn't going to help her. And neither is coming off as a nice girl armed with love. The people want someone like Kamala Harris who is going to be a bad bitch. That's why everyone said she won the debate, while Williams, if mentioned at all, was mocked for being a hippie.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Hello anatta,

And this deals with the reasons we are getting so sick, ... HOW?
    lol...get out of here..
    ask the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse ( pestilence is any epidemic disease that is highly contagious, infectious, virulent and devastating)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Stretch (07-06-2019)

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

All of this BS about coming up with reasons to hate immigrants is just that - BS.

Wake up and smell the 800 pound demographics in the room. Anglo dominance is slipping away.

Hispanics are people people. They have closely bonded families and value that over corporate profits and Wall Street.

People people are not swayed by the Republican xenophobic BS.

They vote for things like universal healthcare and fair worker treatment.

They vote for Democrats.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

Republicans are deathly frightened; see the ticking time clock on the wall and are doing whatever they can to hold back the hands of time.

Everybody knows immigration is not hurting the economy because even with all this immigration, legal or not, the economy is doing great.

Republicans are going to lose power. It is only a matter of time. They are just trying to grab as much dirty wealth as they can while they have the chance.

The stupid thing is they think they have to have some kind of unfair advantage to get rich but really, when the economy works for everybody that doesn't exclude them.

Silly Republicans! It is a mass embracing of the dead end win/lose philosophy, when win/win promises a bright future for everyone. Hello. There is no 'lose' in win/win.

Mean people think if they don't do to others before others get the chance, that others will do it to them. They can't understand benevolence, don't want to drop their guard, allow the slightest bit of vulnerability. The real problem is if you don't love yourself, nobody else is going to love you.

This wisdom is one of the reasons I like Marianne Williamson.

America's soul needs healing, and Williamson not only sees the problem, but has the cure.

Will we listen?
    Seems like a whole lot about how the GOP is BAD, & almost nothing about how the Dem party is good......

"fair worker treatment"... What is that?? Never heard of it??

The Dem party needs to offer an alternative, GOP BAD isn't an alternative..

IMHO they aren't bothering to do that........ Unless they do, you'll have trump again & no one to blame but your own party.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anatta,

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    lol...get out of here..
    ask the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse ( pestilence is any epidemic disease that is highly contagious, infectious, virulent and devastating)
    Surely you jest. You don't think it is possible to learn and understand why Americans get more illness than people in other nations?

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,564 Times in 1,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 69 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries

All of this BS about coming up with reasons to hate immigrants is just that - BS.......
    You are an ignorant stupid POS.

Republicans WELCOME immigration you moron.

We are against ILLEGAL immigration. Does your pea brain know the difference?

Legal immigration: Good.
    Illegal immigration: Bad

Does that help, you half-witted Cretin?

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Surely you jest. You don't think it is possible to learn and understand why Americans get more illness than people in other nations?
    We do? What kind of "illness" are you talking about? Contagious things like influenza? Chronic life-style induced things like CHD and diabetes?

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    We do? What kind of "illness" are you talking about? Contagious things like influenza? Chronic life-style induced things like CHD and diabetes?
    I know, right?

It's like our for-profit health care wealth extraction machine could not be satisfied with only sucking the wealth out of as many adults as possible. We introduced child diabetes. Thar's money to be made!

13. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-08-2019)

14. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Welcome to JPP and now I never wish to hear from you again Terri4Trump,

Quote Originally Posted by Terri4Trump View Post
    You are an ignorant stupid POS.

Republicans WELCOME immigration you moron.

We are against ILLEGAL immigration. Does your pea brain know the difference?

Legal immigration: Good.
    Illegal immigration: Bad

Does that help, you half-witted Cretin?
    My, how pathetic your comment was. And rather sadly limited in intellect as well. THAT? THAT was your response to my thread exposing the secret motivation behind Republican anti-immigrant selfishness? You want to delve into the side-track of distinguishing between legal and illegal immigration? As if THAT has anything to do with the POINT? How transparent can you BE?

Well, you tipped your hand quite badly. You lost your cool. Lost it big time. And that says so much more than the limited and feeble non-pertinent uttering you managed to post.

Let's look at what you REALLY said.

By getting SO angry and completely lacking the maturity to restrain yourself (JPP does give people all the rope they need to hang themselves, and boy, did you ever string yourself up,) You tipped your hand. What you did was to let everybody know that you really know the OP is spot-on, and it bothers you to no end. (because you are working overtime trying to ignore the obvious.)

If you didn't really think it was true, you wouldn't have lost your cool.

(And boy did you ever lose your cool! Wow! Didn't take much of a set-up to send you skipping down Insult Lane and into the gutter of trash-mouth.)

Sorry I pushed your buttons, but with such a large and precariously imbalanced chip on your shoulder it was quite unavoidable, I assure you.

Republicans are terrified of the demographics. They know the numbers are against them. They know their party is doomed. They know the nation is in the process of changing from mostly white Republican voters to mostly minority Democratic voters. The know immigration hurts their domination. The future of the Republican party is pretty dismal. It currently clings to power through a combination of rich white power and hatred. There are not enough rich white people to win elections, so Republicans use hatred to motivate the low-life deplorables like racists. Hating on Muslims, blacks, Hispanics, immigrants, liberals, science, whatever. Trump says you shall hate and you say how badly.

I forgive you for hating me. I forgive you for insulting me. I do not hate you at all, have no desire to insult you. I have no interest in such petty shallowness.

I would rather point out the bigger picture. Which is why I created this thread. Whipping up a bunch of hatred against immigrants works to the favor of rich and powerful Republican leaders. They use hatred to drive people to the polls. Hatred is a powerful motivator. I just cannot support that. I am part of the loving majority of America that does not support Trump. We the considerate don't want to make our country all about selfishness. So we don't support agree with you, and we do not support our hateful president, the one who has conned you so badly I do believe he is the greatest at that one thing. Trump is the greatest. He is the greatest conman in history. He got all you Republicans who are not rich to vote against your own better interest. Amazing. Gotta hand it to him. That's some powerful BS. I'm not buying it. Sorry you did. I'm not playing your insult game. Sorry you do.

Hope you got it all off your chest with that one post.

That was your one and only chance. Your name has been added (with pleasure) to my PERMANENT Ignore List. I shall never read another word you write, because you have shown that if I do then I become your enabler for online abuse. You blew it. We won't be talking. And you will also be banned from threads I create, just because I don't want to be bothered to have to scroll past the posts of a troll. Have a good life (if that is possible with all the hatred.)

poof

15. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Real Reason Immigration Resonates With Republicans: They Would Lose Votes & Power

AND WE HAVE A WINNER!! For every day these 'illegals' can stay, REPUBLICANS GET CHEAP LABOR. For every day they are here illegally, Republicans get cheap child care, their yards mowed, their houses cleaned, their $50k driveways pavered and very likely they AREN'T paying taxes on them.

NOW these illegals want to stay! And let those ILLEGALS become citizens and offset a VOTE against the very people they served above? FUCK NO!

Let ME REITERATE! The NRA is a bit player, a 'nothing' LOBBYIST compared to the US CHAMBER OF COMMERCE. The USCC is single handedly the largest lobby group for the REPUBLICAN PARTY. It has fought now for 2 decades to keep illegals ILLEGAL. It alone got us to where we are now and it and the REP party sold the AMERICAN WORKER down the RIVER.

We now have a HUMANITARIAN CRISIS of unknown PROPORTION in the region below us. Couple it with the US Chamber of Commerce and its BENEFACTOR, the Republican Party--both's BELLIGERENCE--and we may have a big fat fucking mess that might be unsolvable. Unless of course the RIGHT gets their way and we just start shooting people at the border.

PS Heads up people! You ain't seen nothing yet, wait'll the climate change refugees start teeming over the border.
    Last edited by Centerleftfl; 07-08-2019 at 08:08 AM.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

16. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Very good point, Centerleftfl.

Many rich and super-rich Republicans owe their manicured houses and cleaned businesses to hiring, paying and supporting illegals in our country.

"Who's gonna build the wall?
    Who's gonna build your wall boys?
    Who's gonna mow your lawn?
    Who's gonna cook your Mexican food
    When your Mexican maid is gone?
    Who's gonna wax the floors tonight
    Down at the local mall?
    Who's gonna wash your baby's face?
    Who's gonna build your wall?"

"We've got fundamentalist Moslem's
    We've got fundamentalist Jews
    We've got fundamentalist Christians
    They'll blow the whole thing up for you
    But as I travel around this big old world
    There's one thing that I most fear
    It's a white man in a golf shirt
    With a cell phone in his ear"

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Bill (07-15-2019)

18. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Marianne speaks so well as she answers Anderson Cooper's questions following Trump's ugly rally with the hateful chants for Americans to leave the country.

6 minutes of Marianne Williamson on Anderson Cooper

Have Republicans lost the capacity to love others?

Has the con stripped them of that love of humanity?

Should be a wake-up call but they are deaf to it.