Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 1%ers want to be taxed more. Good Idea?

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    The Koch brothers use their money for a lot of control. They donate huge amounts of money to universities. But with hooks. they give the money, but they select the way economics is taught and often by what instructors. They do not permit climate change and global warming to be part of the curriculum in other classes.This is propaganda at high levels. https://www.facingsouth.org/2019/03/...llege-campuses Maybe you should learn something before you reply so rudely.
    That the Koch brothers donate to universities has nothing to do with the economy or inequality. Your position is one someone like Alex Jones would take, that everything is a big conspiracy with the Koch brothers as the boogeyman.

The Fed has contributed to inequality for decades. They’ve especially contributed this past decade with low interest rates and the three rounds of QE.

I understand it’s far easier to blame George Soros or the Koch Brothers if you don’t know better.

2. The Following User Groans At cawacko For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-27-2019)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    New 'Patriotic Millionaires' group says: Please, tax me more"
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...e-more-n994371

"Stewart is one of the Patriotic Millionaires, a group of about 200 wealthy individuals — worth billions combined — who say they should be taxed more, and as soon as possible."
    They don’t need to wait to be taxed.

Just sayin.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Earl (06-27-2019)

5. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    That the Koch brothers donate to universities has nothing to do with the economy or inequality. Your position is one someone like Alex Jones would take, that everything is a big conspiracy with the Koch brothers as the boogeyman.

The Fed has contributed to inequality for decades. They’ve especially contributed this past decade with low interest rates and the three rounds of QE.

I understand it’s far easier to blame George Soros or the Koch Brothers if you don’t know better.
    BN

Absolutely wrong. The article explained it, I have been reading about this for years. It started when I tried to see what some southern schools thought about climate change. Some of them were adamantly against science. That is when I found the results were preordained by the Kochs. https://truthout.org/articles/charle...s-for-profits/

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

And this.https://thinkprogress.org/proof-that...-5457ffb61ae9/ The kochs big plans are our reality.

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    BN

Absolutely wrong. The article explained it, I have been reading about this for years. It started when I tried to see what some southern schools thought about climate change. Some of them were adamantly against science. That is when I found the results were preordained by the Kochs. https://truthout.org/articles/charle...s-for-profits/
    This doesn't address the Fed or inequality. And if you're turning to truthout for your economic news you are looking in the wrong place.

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Man up Earl. If you have an issue with what I wrote here let me know what it is.

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,671 Times in 17,929 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Man up Earl. If you have an issue with what I wrote here let me know what it is.
    I don’t blame the Koch brothers. Soros is to blame for funding anti-Anerican groups in an effort to destabilize our economy and our country.

Low interest rates help the wealthy and allow them to expand and start new businesses and hire more workers which helps everyone.

I’m surprised that you don’t know better.

Man up.
    Last edited by Earl; 06-27-2019 at 08:14 AM.

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,671 Times in 17,929 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don’t blame the Koch brothers. Soros is to blame for funding anti-Anerican groups in an effort to destabilize our economy and our country.

Low interest rates help the wealthy and allow them to expand and start new businesses and hire more workers which helps everyone.

Man up.
    Last edited by Earl; 06-27-2019 at 08:15 AM.

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post

Man up.
    Creating asset bubbles is not a benefit to the overall economy as we've clearly seen over the past handful of decades as well as recently with the housing bubble in the aught's and the post recession economy.

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post

Man up.
    So you were a supporter of Bernanke and Yellen and their three rounds of QE huh? Did wonders for the economy wouldn't you say...