Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1%ers want to be taxed more. Good Idea?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    The Fed is arguably the largest driver of our inequality. What should we do about them?
    How does that make sense? They do work for for the investment class. But they are charged with keeping the economy on an even keel and keeping unemployment at the proper levels' The ones who are running the country are Kochs and others like them. The plutocrats have almost taken over. Trump gave them a huge boost.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    How does that make sense? They do work for for the investment class. But they are charged with keeping the economy on an even keel and keeping unemployment at the proper levels' The ones who are running the country are Kochs and others like them. The plutocrats have almost taken over. Trump gave them a huge boost.
    You're asking how it makes sense that the group in charge of monetary policy for the country has control over inequality? And the Koch Brothers run the economy?

Is this from Infowars? Am I speaking to Alex Jones?

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    New 'Patriotic Millionaires' group says: Please, tax me more"
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...e-more-n994371

"Stewart is one of the Patriotic Millionaires, a group of about 200 wealthy individuals — worth billions combined — who say they should be taxed more, and as soon as possible."
    I want to hear those words " tax me more because I am the 1%" from Michelle and Barak Obama and every rich Senator and Congressmen. Strangely you never hear about that from folks like them. Wonder why.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Country: "That is such bullshit. How many "working stiffs" have substantial retirement accounts?"
    Jack: How OFTEN do they Trade? HUNDREDS of times a second? The Computer Algorithms that Trade hundreds of times a second will be paying the largest share of the Tax.
    You're not getting it jack, the extra costs will be passed on to the consumer in a variety of ways, not the least of which is higher fees. This will have an effect on everyone, like higher taxes always do. Wake up Jack.
    Every life matters

5. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Truth Detector (06-26-2019)

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I guess you didn't get the memo, the Koch's are liberal-tarians, and favor many of the same things libs do. They recently committed to backing candidates who support unfettered "immigration", be they Democrat, or Republican. The Koch's are more on your side, than the side of conservatives.
    Every life matters

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    You're asking how it makes sense that the group in charge of monetary policy for the country has control over inequality? And the Koch Brothers run the economy?

Is this from Infowars? Am I speaking to Alex Jones?
    The Koch brothers use their money for a lot of control. They donate huge amounts of money to universities. But with hooks. they give the money, but they select the way economics is taught and often by what instructors. They do not permit climate change and global warming to be part of the curriculum in other classes.This is propaganda at high levels. https://www.facingsouth.org/2019/03/...llege-campuses Maybe you should learn something before you reply so rudely.

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yes. Thank you for your deep insight. I will send your recommendations along to them.
    I can't say I am surprised it is above your IQ level.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    I think the first thing to do and the easiest is to raise the long term capital gains tax to the same level as ordinary income. The 1% gain far more income from that source than from w2 type work.

End the biggest tax giveaway to the wealthy in the history of our nation, coincidentally put in place by Clinton.
    There is a reason capital gains get a different treatment. They create jobs. If you want to destroy capital formation and jobs, this is a great plan!

To many people, investment income should obviously be taxed at the same rate as labor income. After all, income is income, right?

But it’s not that simple. There are compelling reasons to treat capital gains differently than other earnings.

For one thing, taxes on investment earnings effectively double-tax that income. Labor income is taxed when it is earned, and investments are generally made out of after-tax earnings—so capital-gains levies represent another bite out of an investor’s money.

In effect, the system punishes those who put their money to work. Raising the capital-gains tax rate would just make the punishment that much more drastic.

This question doesn’t simply affect people who invest—it affects the entire economy. Investment capital is one of the most important drivers of economic growth, and the promise of big capital gains are an important inducement to get people to put money into critical but risky fields like biotechnology. If we want more inventions, or a faster cure for cancer, then we should have lower capital-gains taxes.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-sho...xed-1425271052
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    You're not getting it jack, the extra costs will be passed on to the consumer in a variety of ways, not the least of which is higher fees. This will have an effect on everyone, like higher taxes always do. Wake up Jack.
    hahaha ... the Tax will be placed directly on the High Frequency Traders. How does 'Billionaire' buying a million shares of 'XYZ Company' have anything to do with "the extra costs will be passed on to the consumer"?

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

hahaha ... the Tax will be placed directly on the High Frequency Traders. How does 'Billionaire' buying a million shares of 'XYZ Company' have anything to do with "the extra costs will be passed on to the consumer"?
    Whatever man, you are either supremely ignorant, or feigning it.
    Every life matters

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Jack (06-26-2019), Truth Detector (06-26-2019)

13. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Whatever man, you are either supremely ignorant, or feigning it.
    Hey Pardner, it's not my proposal. We're just here discussing ideas. In my opinion, Congress is Agents of the Elites, so getting something passed that will hurt the Interests of the Donor Class is an uphill battle.
    You know, sounds good, but the prospects of getting something passed that cuts into the Bottom Line of the 1%ers is not likely to happen.

Jack, ... signing off.

14. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hey Pardner, it's not my proposal. We're just here discussing ideas. In my opinion, Congress is Agents of the Elites, so getting something passed that will hurt the Interests of the Donor Class is an uphill battle.
    You know, sounds good, but the prospects of getting something passed that cuts into the Bottom Line of the 1%ers is not likely to happen.

Jack, ... signing off.
    Those so-called Donor class you are whining about are the one's creating the jobs you willful idiot. You didn't learn anything in school did you?

15. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I guess you didn't get the memo, the Koch's are liberal-tarians, and favor many of the same things libs do. They recently committed to backing candidates who support unfettered "immigration", be they Democrat, or Republican. The Koch's are more on your side, than the side of conservatives.
    Name someone of any significance who is for open borders. That is a right-wing meme. Unfettered? Who, give names and proof. I only see it in right-wing posts and sites.

16. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Name someone of any significance who is for open borders. That is a right-wing meme. Unfettered? Who, give names and proof. I only see it in right-wing posts and sites.
    That has already been posted. Real easy to google also. Of course Democrats just go into their usual shit or go blind moments when shown. Google it. Here is a hint stupid, try Democrat Congressman Keith Ellision ( DNC Chairman) first. Then try AOC. The list becomes huge quite quickly though most are trying to back peddle now. They have yet to learn nothing ever leaves the internet.

Do not bother answering this thread until you actually look up the simple things I gave you on google. Thanks.

17. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Democrat Party.
    Every life matters

18. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Sailor (06-26-2019)