Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here’s what happened when Trump was asked about his ‘favorite’ author in a 1987 TV in

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    News interviewers need to say that to him while interviewing him
    That's a toughie. How many times have you been watching a news interviewer ask a politician tough questions and the politician completely evades the question?

It is often so blatant as to be absurd.

A question that can really be answered only with a 'yes' or 'no' answer sets the politician talking for 5 minutes about anything BUT the question.

Makes you want to cry.

I used to get so angry watching such interviews, shouting at the screen: "ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!"

I no longer get angry. I was only stressing myself out over nothing.

I get it now.

If interviewers were to press the point, call them out on evasive answers, they would gain a reputation for doing so and quickly find that nobody would agree to be interviewed by them.

It must be tough to be one of those interviewers. You want to ask the tough questions, hold their feet to the fire, but then you also have a job to do and you can't do it if nobody will talk to you.

So they have to be very careful about how they word their questions and they have to let the person have their say.

They can't all be like Rush Limbaugh, who needs to follow none of those rules, simply refuses to even talk to those who would spill the truth, and if anyone even gets close, he just cuts them off and rants for 5 minutes, tosses out all kinds of conspiracy theories and accusations, then cuts to a commercial.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 06-25-2019 at 01:27 PM. Reason: typo
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Bill (06-25-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello evince,

That's a toughie. How many times have you been watching a news interviewer ask a politician tough questions and the politician completely evades the question?

A question that can really be answered only with a 'yes' or 'no' answer sets the politician talking for 5 minutes about anything BUT the question.

Makes you want to cry.

I used to get so angry watching such interviews, shouting at the screen: "ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!"

I get it now.

If interviewers were to press the point, call them out on evasive answers, they would gain a reputation for doing so and quickly find that nobody would agree to be interviewed by them.

It must be tough to be one of those interviewers. You want to ask the tough questions, hold their feet to the fire, but then you also have a job to do and you can't do it if nobody will talk to you.

So they have to be very careful about how they word their questions and they have to let the person have their say.

They can't all be like Rush Limbaugh, who needs to follow none of those rules, simply reuses to even talk to those who would spill the truth, and if anyone even gets close, he just cuts them off and rants for 5 minutes, tosses out all kinds of conspiracy theories and accusations, then cuts to a commercial.
    I also have no patience for such softball interviews. I would have a rep for holding tough interviews and if a person declined to be honestly questioned, I would label them a wuss and/or liar. I see no value in an interview that allows for evasiveness and deception.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Bill (06-25-2019)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Donald Trump is the abomination of the male human species.

He has fucked up everything he has ever touched- or groped!

Worst excuse of a man I ever knew of.

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Donald Trump is the abomination of the male human species.

He has fucked up everything he has ever touched- or groped!

Worst excuse of a man I ever knew of.
    I am SO glad I am not a conservative Republican Trump fan. It must be stressful to have to defend such support, pretending to not know what is so well known about the man.

He is a liar, a racist, a cheat and a CONMAN.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Adolf_Twitler (06-25-2019)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

Makes you want to cry.

I get it now.

They can't all be like Rush Limbaugh, who needs to follow none of those rules, simply refuses to even talk to those who would spill the truth, and if anyone even gets close, he just cuts them off and rants for 5 minutes, tosses out all kinds of conspiracy theories and accusations, then cuts to a commercial.
    YEP, 100% correct....... One of the reasons I don't bother much either.........

& one of the reasons I do like someone like Chris Wallace, Sam Donaldson etc that can ask some tough questions.... I think that Acosta sometimes as well, but honestly I don't watch much TV & when I do it isn't anything about politics etc
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am SO glad I am not a conservative Republican Trump fan. It must be stressful to have to defend such support, pretending to not know what is so well known about the man.

If you really wanna know, listen to this, you may not like it, but it's the truth.... I selected a few minutes you can browse... You might find it interesting & enlightening......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

The Republicans wanted a hateful idiot- they got one- and now the whole ship of hateful fools is sinking!

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Trump is stupid and head of the Republican party, what does that say about his followers or the party? And he is a proud molester of women and a rapist. This is who rightys want for president. They are conned so badly that nothing he does can make them reevaluate Daffy.
    Mueller is testifying in public next month. That should be interesting. Barr has to find a way to stop it.
    Last edited by Gonzomin; 06-25-2019 at 10:51 PM.