Members banned from this thread: tinfoil, Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl, lisasanders1964 and Vasquezrocks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AOC Says Trump Holding Separated Immigrant Children In Deplorable Concentration Camps

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default AOC Says Trump Holding Separated Immigrant Children In Deplorable Concentration Camps

"“This week, immigrant children were moved to the same internment camps the Japanese were held in the earlier 20th century,” she said of the Fort Sill, Okla., Army base used to house Japanese-American people after the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941. Last week, the Trump administration shared plans to use that base to house unclaimed immigrant children.

“This is a crisis for ourselves,” said Ocasio-Cortez. “This is a crisis of if America will remain America in its actual principals and values. Or if we are losing to an authoritarian and fascist presidency.”

The Democrat warned, “I don’t use those words lightly. I don’t use those words to just throw bombs. I use that word because that is what an administration that creates concentration camps is. And a presidency that creates concentration camps is fascist.”"

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

"Later, Ocasio-Cortez wrote, “And for the shrieking Republicans who don’t know the difference: concentration camps are not the same as death camps. Concentration camps are considered by experts as ‘the mass detention of civilians without trial.’ And that’s exactly what this administration is doing.”"

AOC Concerned About Deplorable Detention Conditions

"The Associated Press is reporting some 250 infants, children and teenagers have been locked up for up to 27 days without adequate food, water and sanitation at a Border Patrol station near El Paso, Texas. One local lawyer said a sick 2-year-old boy was being treated by three girls between the ages of 10 and 15 because no one else was helping him. Children have reportedly been fed uncooked frozen food or rice and have gone weeks without bathing or clean clothes. Attorney Holly Cooper said, “In my 22 years of doing visits with children in detention I have never heard of this level of inhumanity.”"

Democracy Now

It has also been reported that some children have lice and are not receiving adequate treatment. They are being asked to share lice combs (something that should never be done) and if they lose the comb they are punished by having other meager health supplies taken away.

What a total outrage.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-24-2019)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-24-2019), Cinnabar (06-24-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s remarks were intended to be inflammatory, but she usefully highlighted an important historical truth.

The U.S. immigration detention facilities are the Hades type of concentration camp. They are expressly designed to keep “superfluous and bothersome people,” as Arendt called them, out of the way. The conditions in them can be intensely uncomfortable, but tormenting inmates isn’t the primary goal, and there’s certainly no hard labor.

Whether or not AOC is familiar with this history, she certainly knew exactly the power her words held; if it were not for the Nazis, the very term “concentration camp” would not fill us with quite the same horror. But there’s no need to be as evil as the Nazis to go down in concentration camp history. Several U.S. administrations have gone down this inglorious road, but Trump’s may have crossed an important line, and AOC was right to call it out.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...ntration-camps
    A few excerpt but the entire article is well worth the read and kudos to Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez for shining a bright light on this.

5. The Following User Groans At Cinnabar For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-24-2019)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Where was the "outrage" when Obama did the same and WORSE, such as handing kids over to traffickers?

The border patrol is SWAMPED, and we can thank the ILLEGALOCRATS for that....
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Callinectes (06-24-2019), Darth Omar (06-24-2019), Earl (06-24-2019)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Too funny comparing Trump to Obama.

Such propaganda.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Congress still hasn't passed the $4.5 billion wanted for humanitarian border aid -requested months ago

House Democrats Unveil $4.5B Border Measure
    https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/de.../21/id/921498/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Sailor (06-24-2019)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cinnabar,

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    A few excerpt but the entire article is well worth the read and kudos to Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez for shining a bright light on this.
    How silly of me to want to try to follow the site rules here and not post articles in entirety but do post a link.

Reading the article really does make me understand the crying need for universal healthcare.

The nation needs health care.

The nation needs to pay for it.

The nation will benefit from taking care of the populace.

What is a nation without her people?

AOC has a penchant for making excellent points.

I look forward to her going quite far.

She's just beginning. At 29 years old she is the youngest woman to ever serve in Congress.

She will eligible to run for President in 2024.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 06-25-2019 at 01:18 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cinnabar (06-25-2019)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,683 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    AOC Says Trump Holding Separated Immigrant Children In Deplorable Concentration Camps

What a total outrage.
    I think she is right to shine a spotlight on this.

Part of me can understand why people object to use of the words concentration camp. I have relatives who were arrested and sent to the Gulag, and certainly there is simply no historical parallel to Aushwitz and Treblenka.

But as long as we understand there are gradations in the mass confinement of people, and I not going to begrudge her choice of words is they are used in a realistic and effective attempt at rhetorical persuasion.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-26-2019)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Wow! Would you just look at all the idiots!

tinfoil, AssHatZombie, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, Havana Moon, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, I Love America, Boris The Animal, Teflon Don, Dark Soul, Mohamud Loves Bukkake, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Grumpy, katzgar, DonaldvoTrumpovich, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, Arminius, Bobb, Earl, lisasanders1964 and Vasquezrocks

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    AOC Says Trump Holding Separated Immigrant Children In Deplorable Concentration Camps
    Hi Politalker,

Wait, Trump is making immigrant children live in camps with his base?!!!

Also, you forgot the word "illegal" again.

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I think she is right to shine a spotlight on this.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Part of me can understand why people object to use of the words concentration camp. I have relatives who were arrested and sent to the Gulag, and certainly there is simply no historical parallel to Aushwitz and Treblenka.

But as long as we understand there are gradations in the mass confinement of people, and I not going to begrudge her choice of words is they are used in a realistic and effective attempt at rhetorical persuasion.
    Thank you.

The atrocities of WWII in those places were truly horrible. Not all concentration camps were on the level of Aushwitz and Treblenka. Conservatives are overlooking that, looking for any way to fulfill Trump's dictate: "Deny, Deflect, Attack." In this case they are using a strange angle to attack AOC.

What they don't get is that this plays right into AOC's hand. She is a clever one, and that is why she scares the heck out of Trump fans. She knows how to manipulate the media, but in a good way. She doesn't have to lie, doesn't have to make it all about her all the time. She knows how to use hot-button terms and angles to get results. I have high hopes for her to go a long way. She's a natural for fighting the negative Trump mentality.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (06-26-2019)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Adolf_Twitler,

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Wow! Would you just look at all the idiots!

tinfoil, AssHatZombie, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, Havana Moon, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, I Love America, Boris The Animal, Teflon Don, Dark Soul, Mohamud Loves Bukkake, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Grumpy, katzgar, DonaldvoTrumpovich, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, Arminius, Bobb, Earl, lisasanders1964 and Vasquezrocks

Funny, but I don't think of the people on my Ignore List that way. They are angry and have shown a willingness to be mean and disrespectful. I don't hold any grudges; I just don't want to read what they have to say, and I don't want to be bothered to scroll through myriads of pages of unwanted posts. Neither do I appreciate having frustrated inconsiderate people unload in my threads and poison the discussions. So they get banned from my threads. You'll notice there are some liberals in there as well. For me, it's all about civility.

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Sirthinksalot,

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Hi Politalker,

Wait, Trump is making immigrant children live in camps with his base?!!!
    Yeah, that's only funny to Trump fans who wish to deflect from the issue, and don't care in the least about the plight of these migrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Also, you forgot the word "illegal" again.
    You'll have to pardon me for not using the conservative propaganda rhetoric term. I am a compassionate person who cares about others. I know. It's a strange concept for conservatives. Thinking that we humans all live on this planet together and that it is logical for us to care about one another.

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Folks at the Holocaust Museum who have a pretty extensive understanding of condition at actual concentration camps tell us she is wrong.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Folks at the Holocaust Museum who have a pretty extensive understanding of condition at actual concentration camps tell us she is wrong.
    The concentration camps of the WWII German holocaust are not the only types of concentration camps. They don't own the term.

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

AOC is a flame-thrower. I'm waiting for her to call Ellis Island a "concentration camp".
    There must be detainment centers for people to be vetted and processed prior to full entry into a country.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.