Members banned from this thread: tinfoil, Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl, lisasanders1964 and Vasquezrocks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AOC Says Trump Holding Separated Immigrant Children In Deplorable Concentration Camps

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Celticguy,

The concentration camps of the WWII German holocaust are not the only types of concentration camps. They don't own the term.
    Actually, they do. Your girl is going for effect and got not what she had in mind.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Earl (06-27-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Actually, they do. Your girl is going for effect and got not what she had in mind.
    No actually they don't. Read a freakin' book. This is what an aversion to education gets ya folks^^^^.

http://www.wikidifference.com/differ...tration-camps/

4. The Following User Groans At Cinnabar For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-27-2019)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-26-2019)

6. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    No actually they don't. Read a freakin' book. This is what an aversion to education gets ya folks^^^^.

I had a father that liberated Ohrdruff, first one found by the allies. Better than a book.

20190626_133337.jpg
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Earl (06-27-2019)

8. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I had a father that liberated Ohrdruff, first one found by the allies. Better than a book.

20190626_133337.jpg
    Thats my thumb on actual photos and the current Drudge in the background so you know its today.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Earl (06-27-2019)

10. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Hello Adolf_Twitler,

Funny, but I don't think of the people on my Ignore List that way. They are angry and have shown a willingness to be mean and disrespectful. I don't hold any grudges; I just don't want to read what they have to say, and I don't want to be bothered to scroll through myriads of pages of unwanted posts. Neither do I appreciate having frustrated inconsiderate people unload in my threads and poison the discussions. So they get banned from my threads. You'll notice there are some liberals in there as well. For me, it's all about civility.
    Duly noted! Thanks!

I'll respect your expectations of a civil society in the forum and your quest for civility in your threads.

My intentions were not to poison your discussion, but to just throw a little light humor into the mix.

11. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Stretch,

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    AOC is a flame-thrower. I'm waiting for her to call Ellis Island a "concentration camp".
    Funny to hear such a comparison. Ellis Island is part of the Statue of Liberty National Monument which was barely able to show only limited parts of it until Reagan organized improvements. That would be the same Statue of Liberty with the plaque bearing the New Colossus, which makes an absolute MOCKERY of conservatives who begrudge migrants coming to America with little more than a dream:

"Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    MOTHER OF EXILES. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome;
    her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" "

'Welcome?' From the 'Mother of Exiles?'

So out of fashion with Trump fans.

Conservatives only want to fight over the gold and shut the door.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-27-2019)

13. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Guess again. AOC is playing you guys like a fiddle. It was never about expecting any Trump fans to suddenly and righteously disapprove of the Conman Rapist Liar. It is about bringing widespread focus to the hypocrisy of everything Trump.

Checked that box!

She yanked some CHAINS.

Right on, AOC.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-27-2019)

15. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Hello Stretch,

Funny to hear such a comparison. Ellis Island is part of the Statue of Liberty National Monument which was barely able to show only limited parts of it until Reagan organized improvements. That would be the same Statue of Liberty with the plaque bearing the New Colossus, which makes an absolute MOCKERY of conservatives who begrudge migrants coming to America with little more than a dream:

"Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    MOTHER OF EXILES. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome;
    her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" "

'Welcome?' From the 'Mother of Exiles?'

So out of fashion with Trump fans.

Conservatives only want to fight over the gold and shut the door.
    A statue from France is not our Constitution.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

dukkha (06-26-2019), Earl (06-27-2019), Southern Chicken (06-27-2019)

17. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cinnabar,

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post

Thanks for that bit of education. I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears.

But for the open-minded...

"What is a concentration camp?
    A concentration camp is a place where people are sent in order to be detained without letting them maintain any sort of contact with the outside world. The people who are thus detained were people who were considered as “undesirable” or those of who were considered to be potential threats to the existing power or the group that exercises authority at the given time. The term concentration camps emerged from the word “reconcentration camps” which was the name given to the camps set up in Cuba by General Valeriano Weyler in 1897. The first ever concentration camps in history can be named as the concentration camps used by the U.S for detaining Native Americans and the camps set up by the British in the Boer wars."

18. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-27-2019)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

domer76 (06-28-2019)

20. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Guess again. AOC is playing you guys like a fiddle. It was never about expecting any Trump fans to suddenly and righteously disapprove of the Conman Rapist Liar. It is about bringing widespread focus to the hypocrisy of everything Trump.

Checked that box!

She yanked some CHAINS.

Right on, AOC.
    Hmmm want to claim hypocrisy by going stupidly hyperbolic ang ignoring your own ?
    Good luck with that.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Earl (06-27-2019)

22. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,679 Times in 27,324 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Hello Cypress,

Thank you.

Thank you.

The atrocities of WWII in those places were truly horrible. Not all concentration camps were on the level of Aushwitz and Treblenka. Conservatives are overlooking that, looking for any way to fulfill Trump's dictate: "Deny, Deflect, Attack." In this case they are using a strange angle to attack AOC.

What they don't get is that this plays right into AOC's hand. She is a clever one, and that is why she scares the heck out of Trump fans. She knows how to manipulate the media, but in a good way. She doesn't have to lie, doesn't have to make it all about her all the time. She knows how to use hot-button terms and angles to get results. I have high hopes for her to go a long way. She's a natural for fighting the negative Trump mentality.
    AOC really rubs them the wrong way. I am not going to compare these detainee camps to the Gulag, but I have zero problem with how anyone chooses to characerize them within reason.

23. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-27-2019)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-27-2019)

25. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Where was the "outrage" when Obama did the same and WORSE, such as handing kids over to traffickers?

The border patrol is SWAMPED, and we can thank the ILLEGALOCRATS for that....
    OMG, you guys, stop talking about Trump's concentration camps! Let's just talk about Obama, so nothing changes!

26. The Following User Groans At StoneByStone For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-27-2019)

27. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello StoneByStone,

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    OMG, you guys, stop talking about Trump's concentration camps! Let's just talk about Obama, so nothing changes!
    Trump lies through his teeth when he claims the family separation was Obama's and that he ended Obama's horrible policy. Nobody really believes that, but Trump fans want to cling to anything that allows them to stay loyal. Trump fans believe their own BS when they repeat such nonsense and they know it deep down inside just as much as they know they can never voice those troubling inner feelings. For Trump and his fans, if they don't stick to the false narrative all is lost. It's such a joke it's just sad. The king has no clothes, no, but neither can eyelids remain shut forever. All the people who were so reluctant to support Trump in the first place will come to their senses eventually. After Trump is gone, the deplorable ones will try to make him out a hero, but the reluctant ones will know the truth when the political pendulum swings away from disgusting Trump. All it will take for that will be when the Trump economic bubble bursts. Remember the Titanic didn't sink immediately and many refused to believe it was going down but that didn't matter in the end.

28. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-27-2019)

29. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Hello StoneByStone,

Trump lies through his teeth when he claims the family separation was Obama's and that he ended Obama's horrible policy. Nobody really believes that, but Trump fans want to cling to anything that allows them to stay loyal. Trump fans believe their own BS when they repeat such nonsense and they know it deep down inside just as much as they know they can never voice those troubling inner feelings. For Trump and his fans, if they don't stick to the false narrative all is lost. It's such a joke it's just sad. The king has no clothes, no, but neither can eyelids remain shut forever. All the people who were so reluctant to support Trump in the first place will come to their senses eventually. After Trump is gone, the deplorable ones will try to make him out a hero, but the reluctant ones will know the truth when the political pendulum swings away from disgusting Trump. All it will take for that will be when the Trump economic bubble bursts. Remember the Titanic didn't sink immediately and many refused to believe it was going down but that didn't matter in the end.
    I'm positive that at least two out of every three Trumpsters just support him because they think it makes them edgy. Things have gotten so bad in America, that right-wing politics has become all about trolling.
    It's true, the only thing that can really stop Trump now is the economy. Trumpsters don't care about human rights violations because they think it's funny how they piss off Liberals. But when every day life gets harder, maybe they'll realize trolling has real world consequences.

30. The Following User Groans At StoneByStone For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-27-2019)

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

Cinnabar (06-27-2019), PoliTalker (06-27-2019)

32. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Hi Politalker,

Yeah, that's only funny to Trump fans who wish to deflect from the issue, and don't care in the least about the plight of these migrants.
    They are illegal aliens, not migrants. They need to get the message that coming here illegally is not in their best interest. If you want to make an omelette...
    The president is trying to fix a problem that both sides of the aisle have allowed to fester for decades. It isn't going to be easy or pleasant, but it needs to be done. I don't like the plight those children are in, but it can't be helped until Nancy Pelosi gets her act together.

You'll have to pardon me for not using the conservative propaganda rhetoric term. I am a compassionate person who cares about others. I know. It's a strange concept for conservatives. Thinking that we humans all live on this planet together and that it is logical for us to care about one another.
    Illegal alien is the accurate word to describe these people, whether you like it or not. Your side is propagandizing by pretending these people have a right to be here and acting as though enforcing our border is somehow cruel. You're also deflecting by pretending the other side doesn't care.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Sirthinksalot For This Post:

Earl (06-27-2019)