Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Fifty Years Ago Today....

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,613 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    You made a post, I asked what the alternatives where to taking the actions taken~you have not replied to that..

If & when you do, let me know, I am not wasting any more time w/ you & have a nice day.
    I posted a gigantic paper discussing how actions were already well under way to solve the issue. It details how the reason this fire was considered so extraordinary is because river fires were largely a thing of the past - because river pollution was being handled.

It also talked about how this particularly fire was so puny compared to prior fires because the pollution was being reversed

thanks for proving you are just a shit stain wiping your shit all over the place rather then contributing

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    I posted a gigantic paper discussing how actions were already well under way to solve the issue. It details how the reason this fire was considered so extraordinary is because river fires were largely a thing of the past - because river pollution was being handled.

It also talked about how this particularly fire was so puny compared to prior fires because the pollution was being reversed

thanks for proving you are just a shit stain wiping your shit all over the place rather then contributing
    Look Zym, Do you honestly think I care what you think of me??

I asked a simple question, a few times now...

You are not required to answer & that's alright, we can both live w/ that..hats-off-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    We are traveling, it’s why I’ll be here to entertain most of the day! Im looking for peaches on the way! It’s peach season here and I love fresh peaches that you bite into
    and juice runs down your face! Yum!

You’re the best, thank goodness for good dog sitters! We left ours with a friend.
    Did you find any? Haven't had one of those in years. Gods, are they so good.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,745 Times in 33,616 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Did you find any? Haven't had one of those in years. Gods, are they so good.
    Nope, I think we had to get closer to Dallas. We went to see Chip and Joanna, instead, what a rip off.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-25-2019)

6. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nope, I think we had to get closer to Dallas. We went to see Chip and Joanna, instead, what a rip off.
    What's Chip and Joanna?

7. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What's Chip and Joanna?
    The stars of Fixer Upper, a cable TV show. They have a design store, a bakery, family play area, food trucks a plant shop, next to two old silos in Waco, TX

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-26-2019)

9. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The stars of Fixer Upper, a cable TV show. They have a design store, a bakery, family play area, food trucks a plant shop, next to two old silos in Waco, TX
    Okay, I think we've seen that show a couple of times. I didn't know they had a whole thing like that that you could visit. Not impressed, eh?

10. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

I'm so envious. Do you have a cabin or camp there? Hope you enjoy your vacation in heaven!
    Thanks! We have a house up there. Other than having to drive through Sacramento to get there (had to get my jab in at Bill) it really is heaven.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Bill (06-25-2019), ThatOwlWoman (06-26-2019)

12. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Thanks! We have a house up there. Other than having to drive through Sacramento to get there (had to get my jab in at Bill) it really is heaven.
    iSs-alright, I live in the burbs, not the city & be safe if you stop off in cow town for a bite.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

13. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Okay, I think we've seen that show a couple of times. I didn't know they had a whole thing like that that you could visit. Not impressed, eh?
    No, sadly, products are way overpriced.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

15. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Too bad there isn't a way around that wouldn't harsh your good mellow on your way there (and back). What all do you guys do? Kayak? Fish? Just zone out? Hike?

16. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

I've already told you, moron. Waterways touch more than one state. I gave you the example of the Mississippi River. Did you even bother to read that and respond with some sort of logical rebuttal? No, you just launched into yet another ad hom attack.

I knew it was a mistake take off your gag. Time and again you demonstrate that you have one-level, simplistic thinking and are incapable of seeing anything other than your twisted ideology. Goodbye.
    States do not race to the top, but to the bottom. Like 2 states removed usury and banking laws to lure banks and it worked. Then all credit card companies opened an office or a post office box there and the whole country suffered from credit card and banking abuse.
    States rights sounds good but dies under scrutiny. It is a great way to give even more power to national corporations. They will spend a fortune backing candidates who will end regulations and give them tax breaks. It is easier and cheaper to overpower a state or local election.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

18. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    States do not race to the top, but to the bottom. Like 2 states removed usury and banking laws to lure banks and it worked. Then all credit card companies opened an office or a post office box there and the whole country suffered from credit card and banking abuse.
    States rights sounds good but dies under scrutiny. It is a great way to give even more power to national corporations. They will spend a fortune backing candidates who will end regulations and give them tax breaks. It is easier and cheaper to overpower a state or local election.
    There are some things done best at a local level. Schools, police and fire depts., libraries, etc. But things that can affect others outside of a jurisdiction -- like your example of banking regulations, pollution, and so on -- are best managed under the federal umbrella. Example: We live near Lake Superior. The Lake touches three states plus Canada. If a factory in MN starts dumping toxic waste into the Lake, it will eventually affect WI and MI, as well as another country. If MN has lax regulations regarding waste dumping, who else will step in and put a stop to it?

19. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 8 Posts

I’ll always be a kid at heart as far as fireworks, I love them. We lived near the owner of GCI in Anchorage, and he use to have a better display than did the city of Anchorage. It must have cost him a fortune.
    I love them, too! Where we live, my son and I do what we call fireworks chasing. A lot of people fire them off from their boats in the harbors and inlets. We try to follow the noise as best we can to find them. It's a lot of fun!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aimée For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-26-2019), ThatOwlWoman (06-26-2019)

21. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

The air in America has been getting cleaner and cleaner due to environmental regiulation and admin bosses doing their jobs. Trump is running the first admin with air,land, and water getting dirtier. Apparently rightys like that. Obama had a physist running the Det of Energy, then had a nuclear engineer. Trump chose Rick Perry, This illustrates the difference between Trump and other admins. Trump is a clown.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post: