21. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

4 19.05%
  • no

15 71.43%
  • other

2 9.52%
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Do you support slavery reparations?

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    You’re actually kind of ignorant about my ‘stupid religion’ lol.
    Yeah, yeah, I'm sure you've come up with plenty of ways of explaining away the parts of the Bible that you don't like, or at least won't admit that you like.

Be that as it may, Christian bakers are famously forced to violate their religious principles for the sake of secular dogma as it pertains to the gay lifestyle. How is that NOT the state infringing on the *practice* of religious faith?
    Because you're not allowed to refuse service to customers based on certain traits, such as race, gender, sexual orientation, age, nationality, and so on.
    I can make up a religion right now and say that my religion doesn't allow me to do business with Hungarian people. Well, that excuse won't fly in court.

Now I agree that we should all have freedom of association, so I don't like these laws. But the laws don't target homophobic Christians anymore than they target homophobic Lithuanian-Americans, or homophobic left-handed people.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Yeah, yeah, I'm sure you've come up with plenty of ways of explaining away the parts of the Bible that you don't like, or at least won't admit that you like.

Because you're not allowed to refuse service to customers based on certain traits, such as race, gender, sexual orientation, age, nationality, and so on.
    I can make up a religion right now and say that my religion doesn't allow me to do business with Hungarian people. Well, that excuse won't fly in court.

Now I agree that we should all have freedom of association, so I don't like these laws. But the laws don't target homophobic Christians anymore than they target homophobic Lithuanian-Americans, or homophobic left-handed people.
    UH, it would have to be recognized and show history of the beliefs.

You do realize that the SC has already ruled on one of these and the Baker won!!
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Yes, there are plenty of Youtube videos bitching about that, most of them quite cringy. However, none of those Youtubers have been hauled off to jail, because it's legal to voice your disagreement on this topic.
    I don't think it is a matter of hate or prejudice, just fairness. In Texas a transgender male won the girl's wrestling championship for two years in a row. I have serious doubts he would have won otherwise, especially since females have been disqualified because of a high testosterone level.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I don't think it is a matter of hate or prejudice, just fairness. In Texas a transgender male won the girl's wrestling championship for two years in a row. I have serious doubts he would have won otherwise, especially since females have been disqualified because of a high testosterone level.
    Can't you just hear the confusion in the feminazi's minds.

1 - Do we support women in sports?
    2 - Do we support transgender men in women's sports?

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

But you wouldn’t understand the parts of the Bible you were trying to explain lol.

The Christian bakers aren’t refusing to serve *the people* on account of their lifestyle choices, they are being compelled, by law, to violate their religious conscience. If they hang a sign on the door that says ‘no gays’—that’s different. They would happily serve gays but they draw the line at doing things that violate their conscience.

That is the state infringing on religious practice. A clear violation of the First Amendment with respect to ‘the free practice thereof’.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Can't you just hear the confusion in the feminazi's minds.

1 - Do we support women in sports?
    2 - Do we support transgender men in women's sports?

There is a story in today's sports section about a female South African runner who was accused by the IAAF of "intentionally running slowly" to mask her elevated natural testosterone level.

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You do realize that the SC has already ruled on one of these and the Baker won!!
    But.... but..... I thought the establishment was against Christianity....
    Gee, it's almost like the Right is full of shit or something.....

Seriously though, SC pretty much just ignored the law because the baker pretended this was about Christianity. So this kind of smacks your silly argument down.
    Better start yelling about gun magazines.

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There is a story in today's sports section about a female South African runner who was accused by the IAAF of "intentionally running slowly" to mask her elevated natural testosterone level.
    Maybe her penis got in the way.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

Flash (06-23-2019)

10. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes, I disagree with these new rules too. I'm not using them as an excuse to bitch about trannies, but that's just me.
    Anyway, the point is you're free to publicly talk about this, and even pretend it's a religious thing. You will not be arrested because, no matter what the Right says, Christians are not under attack in America.

11. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But.... but..... I thought the establishment was against Christianity....
    Gee, it's almost like the Right is full of shit or something.....

Seriously though, SC pretty much just ignored the law because the baker pretended this was about Christianity. So this kind of smacks your silly argument down.
    Better start yelling about gun magazines.
    What does your post have to do with a SC ruling, regarding one incident, and there was no "pretending", unless you have proof??

No yelling, just making sure your inadequacies are known.

12. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    But you wouldn’t understand the parts of the Bible you were trying to explain lol.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

The Christian bakers aren’t refusing to serve *the people* on account of their lifestyle choices, they are being compelled, by law, to violate their religious conscience. If they hang a sign on the door that says ‘no gays’—that’s different. They would happily serve gays but they draw the line at doing things that violate their conscience.
    Yeah, yeah, and it violates my conscious to serve tall Swiss men with red hair.
    Like I said, I agree that these laws are wrong. I say if it's a private business, you should be allowed to discriminate. But this has nothing to do with religion.

That is the state infringing on religious practice. A clear violation of the First Amendment with respect to ‘the free practice thereof’.
    America never had complete freedom of religion. We always limited freedom of religion for certain reasons, such as the examples I gave earlier.

13. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What does your post have to do with a SC ruling, regarding one incident, and there was no "pretending", unless you have proof??
    A court basically broke the law and used Christianity as the excuse. That's Christian privilege.

14. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

A court basically broke the law and used Christianity as the excuse. That's Christian privilege.
    UH, not they didn't and it was no excuse; because they could have purchased any cake he had BAKED, but he's not required to MAKE them one.

15. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes, I disagree with these new rules too. I'm not using them as an excuse to bitch about trannies, but that's just me.
    Anyway, the point is you're free to publicly talk about this, and even pretend it's a religious thing. You will not be arrested because, no matter what the Right says, Christians are not under attack in America.
    And for many people, it has nothing to do with religion. Non-religious people have varied opinions on abortion, gay marriage, etc. A person may oppose gay marriage, for example, for completely non-religious reasons.

The "War on Christianity" charge by the right is as phony as the "War on Women" charge by the left.

16. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And for many people, it has nothing to do with religion. Non-religious people have varied opinions on abortion, gay marriage, etc. A person may oppose gay marriage, for example, for completely non-religious reasons.

The "War on Christianity" charge by the right is as phony as the "War on Women" charge by the left.
    Exactly. A person can't discriminate against people based on sexual orientation, whether the reason for wanting to do so is religious or secular.