View Poll Results: Who wants to get into another War in the Middle East?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. We need to support Religious People.

1 16.67%
  • No. We should probably sit this one out.

5 83.33%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who should die?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Dukkha: "do what Jack? bomb bomb bomb Iran? So now you're a big interventionst?'
    Jack; Iran isn't our War. NK shooting Missiles over Japan (a Treaty partner) is our War.

Dukkha: "Look Iran is now on notice. Trump gave them a grace period because he didn't want to kill their operators over an unarmed drone. For John Bolton and Lindsey Graham that was a missed opportunity. For the rest of us it's granting Iran 1 more chance."
    Jack: Not OUR War.

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    do what Jack? bomb bomb bomb Iran? So now you're a big interventionst?

Look Iran is now on notice.
    Trump gave them a grace period because he didn't want to kill their operators over an unarmed drone.
    For John Bolton and Lindsey Graham that was a missed opportunity. For the rest of us it's granting Iran 1 more chance.

If/when need be we can always strike

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Dukkha: "do what Jack? bomb bomb bomb Iran? So now you're a big interventionst?'
    Jack; Iran isn't our War. NK shooting Missiles over Japan (a Treaty partner) is our War.

Dukkha: "Look Iran is now on notice. Trump gave them a grace period because he didn't want to kill their operators over an unarmed drone. For John Bolton and Lindsey Graham that was a missed opportunity. For the rest of us it's granting Iran 1 more chance."
    Jack: Not OUR War.
    your posts conflict as to what we should do..you criticize both a strike and a non-strike...
    maybe you just like to bitch because it's Trump

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Earl (06-22-2019)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good morning I<3Possums,

Quote Originally Posted by I<3Possums View Post
    Boomers are the ones who should die.
    They will. Just give it time. Then there will be another generation wishing the same for the then older gen.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Dukkha: "I'm not a paid stooge. We sell them a shit load of arms if that makes you feel better"
    Jack; Will they be using them? Or, is that just the 'Payment' they use so WE fight THEIR War?

Dukkha: "KSA has a chance to reform under MbS -give them a chance; and in the meantime they are a much needed counterweight to Iran"
    Jack: Let KSA do whatever they want to do, ... just as long as Americans don't have to die for them.

I'm not a paid stooge. We sell them a shit load of arms if that makes you feel better

KSA has a chance to reform under MbS -give them a chance; and in the meantime they are a much needed counterweight to Iran

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

In my view:

We embargoed Japan, and we got Pearl Harbor in return.

So ... using History as a Guide. I would think Iran is acquiring 'Dirty Bombs' from North Korea. Iran will devise some way to smuggle these into Saudi Arabia and Israel. At an appropriate time, these will be detonated. Or maybe just launch them into Saudi Arabia and Israel.

We HAD a 10 year window where 'Diplomacy' could have prevailed. Now, we've put the entire region on a razor's edge. Any miscalculation could set off mass destruction.

It wouldn't surprise me if Saudi Intel or Israeli Intel told Trump to 'Stand down' because of an imminent attack could be the Iranian response.
    We defeated Japan.

You are very close to saying that if we embargo a country, we deserve a Pearl Harbor response, Jacky.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    your letting petty things like morality get in the way of strategy. Who cares what they do? If they are willing to be our pets then we should pick them over the other side.
    Morality is a two-way street.
    Give some get some.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-22-2019)

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

tsuke: "If they are willing to be our pets then we should pick them over the other side."
    Jack: Uh, let's see. Saudi Arabia is threatened, the US sends in Americans to protect them so Saudi soldiers don't die. Hmmmm ... I'm a little confused on who YOU think the 'pet' is here?

The US is 'Energy Independent', we don't need Saudi (or Iranian) oil. Let Saudi Arabia protect it's own oil, with it's own soldiers, using it's own money.
    (How much of the 123 million dollar drone did it cost the Saudis?)
    That is diddly squat for the USA. Forty cents per American.

10. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-22-2019)

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

your posts conflict as to what we should do..you criticize both a strike and a non-strike...
    I predicted that no matter what President did, he would be criticized by the left...just because it's President Trump.

Iran, a state sponsor of terrorism, is a threat to the entire world, including the far left loons.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    That is diddly squat for the USA. Forty cents per American.
    So, Snowflake, we should ignore Iran, a state sponsor of terrorism, when they bomb oil tankers and shoot down our assets over International Waters?

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Dukkha: "your posts conflict as to what we should do..you criticize both a strike and a non-strike..."
    Jack: No. You're conflating two different events.

Dukkha: "maybe you just like to bitch because it's Trump'
    Jack: I try to take issue by issue and not get into the Red Team/Blue Team partisanship that is prevalent here.

Example: I supported Obama when he suggested a surgical strike on Assad's Syria for using internationally outlawed chemical weapons.
    ... I supported Trump when he proposed using a limited strike on Assad's Syria for using internationally outlawed chemical weapons.

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

Why would you support the Saudis?
    No easy answer except if we don't somebody else will.

1. Do you love Salafi Islam?
    No.

2. Do you want MORE Saudi Mosques built in America?
    We have no control over that. If we want freedom it must be allowed.

3. Do you support chopping people's heads off for 'Sorcery'?
    No.

4. Do you want the US Constitution to be replaced by the Saudi Constitution (the Koran)?
    No.

5. Do you think American women should be covered head to toe?
    No.

We were at the Mercy of the Saudis when we were dependent on THEIR oil. The US is 'Energy Independent', we no longer need THEIR oil. Why would YOU support these backward, religious, back-stabbing Saudis?
    Give us influence in the region.

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Earl: "You are very close to saying that if we embargo a country, we deserve a Pearl Harbor response, Jacky."
    Jack; Your reading comprehension has a lot to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    We defeated Japan.

You are very close to saying that if we embargo a country, we deserve a Pearl Harbor response, Jacky.

16. The Following User Groans At Jack For This Awful Post:

Earl (06-22-2019)

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

I try to take issue by issue and not get into the Red Team/Blue Team partisanship that is prevalent here.
    Smart.

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

No easy answer except if we don't somebody else will.

No.

We have no control over that. If we want freedom it must be allowed.

No.

No.

No.

Give us influence in the region.
    The US has 'influence' all over the world. The US doesn't need to back these Assholes.

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Hello tsuke,

Indicating your view should be dismissed. Shows a callous disregard for the sanctity of human life.

Bad idea. Creates a vacuum for the next ISIS.

Generates UN and world condemnation. Results in sanctions against the US, crippling our economy.

Triggering resentment and a burning desire for revenge and terrorism.

Creates the strongest possible hatred for the US and a newfound sympathy for the oppressed. Turns the world against us.

Only temporarily. Not a lasting solution to overpopulation.

Be under no false assumptions. Iran is WAY more powerful than Iraq was. Iran would be no pushover. There is no way to do this without boots on the ground. Civilians cannot be killed without destroying USA stature in the world and thus promoting Russia and China to move into the vacuum created by the worldwide rejection of the USA, and the cut-off of doing business with the USA. And, since the USA would suddenly be considered a massive rogue nation, and the world economy would shift away from US dollars, not only does our own economy crash, so does the world economy. It would be political and economic suicide.

Besides the loss of US dominance in the world, it would be an environmental disaster of epic proportions. All of Iran's oil fields would be left burning.

Fortunately, people with more foresight are thinking ahead. This idea will *NEVER* happen. Not even Trump would do this. The only way to do it without boots on the ground would be nukes, which would leave the area as lifeless and uninhabitable as Chernobyl. Think: Chernobyl times 5000. An even worse environmental disaster than boots on the ground + burning oil fields. Fallout. This is a very poorly thought out idea. Needs to be abandoned from the concept.
    realtalk: if the US dropped a nuke on China do you think the world would sanction the US?

Hint the answer is no because the entire world economy would crash.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

20. The Following User Says Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

Earl (06-22-2019)