Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Hermes Thoth, The Anonymous, /MSG/, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Legion Troll, Boris The Animal, Niche Political Commentor, canceled.2021.2, J Craft, MAGA MAN, Darth Omar, CFM, DBCooper, chink, Superfreak, PraiseKek, TOP, excommunicated, AnnieOakley, Tommatthews, Q-Tip, volsrock, Grugore, Rob Larrikin, BodyDouble, ptif219, Loving91390, fandango, United76America, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, gfm7175, Enlightened One, Anarchon, Proud Boy, Earl and Nate Higgers

Thread: Brian May: my quest to save the badger

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Default Brian May: my quest to save the badger

I hold in high esteem anyone who shreds on electric guitar, and saves animals.

Brian May: my quest to save the badger

Queen guitarist Brian May is championing the rights of Britain's animals, from foxes to rats. Now he talks about his latest battle – on behalf of badgers

The shrubbery rustles and shakes, then Brian May falls out of the rhododendrons, dusts himself down and stumbles towards five fox cubs at play in a clearing. In the landscaped gardens of his historic home in the Surrey hills, the Queen guitarist looks every inch the semi-retired rock star: huge curly hair on gangly frame, black trousers, immaculate white Pumas and a dangerously unbuttoned white shirt.

May has a plethora of projects to promote – every Queen album is being digitally remastered to celebrate the band's 40th anniversary this year; this month he will tour the country with Kerry Ellis, who starred in his musical We Will Rock You, and with whom he has written a new album; he has just played guitar on a new Lady Gaga track; and a documentary he has made about the history of 3D will be broadcast on Sky. But instead, the 63-year-old musician and astrophysicist is crooning softly to the fox cub he has clutched to his chest.

In the state-of-the-art animal rescue centre May has built in his garden, the guitarist behind Britain's biggest-selling album (Queen's Greatest Hits) is currently nursing back to health 140 hedgehogs and half-a-dozen abandoned fox cubs. He is also fast becoming the public face of the campaign to stop a cull of badgers proposed by the authorities to answer the concerns of farmers who are convinced the animals are infecting cattle with bovine TB.

continued
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...badger-welfare

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

He’s saving the Badger?

You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well played, Mott.

I guess now is as good a time as any to post a video of one of my current favorite animals....baby badgers!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (06-23-2019)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sorry I couldn’t help myself. Hinault is one of my favorite Athletes and his nickname fits him to a T.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,524 Times in 52,741 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (06-23-2019)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,605 Times in 9,276 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    You have any badgers up in the wilderness?
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,524 Times in 52,741 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    You have any badgers up in the wilderness?
    I have no idea, have never seen one.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Badgers are all bark and not really much bite. You would have to corner or threaten a badger for it to want to bite you in it's own defense.

I walked up on one in a motel parking lot by my car. The creature snarled and hissed at me, and ran under a truck. I notice a man walking towards the truck, and I warned him a badger was under his truck.

I told him to stay cool and I would go and report it to the hotel clerk, so she could call Animal Control so they could capture it and relocate it.

I went on to work. When I returned that evening, I asked the motel clerk what happened to the badger.

She told me the cops came and they shot it!

Well for FUCK'S Sake! I would never had reported it, had I known some trigger-happy hillbilly cop was going to pull his BIG GUNS out and shoot the poor little defenseless thing!

What a world!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (06-23-2019)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Badgers are all bark and not really much bite. You would have to corner or threaten a badger for it to want to bite you in it's own defense.

I walked up on one in a motel parking lot by my car. The creature snarled and hissed at me, and ran under a truck. I notice a man walking towards the truck, and I warned him a badger was under his truck.

I told him to stay cool and I would go and report it to the hotel clerk, so she could call Animal Control so they could capture it and relocate it.

I went on to work. When I returned that evening, I asked the motel clerk what happened to the badger.

Well for FUCK'S Sake! I would never had reported it, had I known some hillbilly cop was going to pull his BIG GUNS out and shoot the poor little defenseless thing!

What a world!
    A real dick move.

I talked to an idiot who took it upon himself to hunt down and kill rattlesnakes out in the White Inyo mountains. We are talking a remote area where snakes are not possibly a threat to humans. What a jackass. Just watch where you are walking, and just watch where you stick your hands!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Adolf_Twitler (06-23-2019)

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    A real dick move.

I talked to an idiot who took it upon himself to hunt down and kill rattlesnakes out in the White Inyo mountains. We are talking a remote area where snakes are not possibly a threat to humans. What a jackass. Just watch where you are walking, and just watch where you stick your hands!
    Gut-slammers! Humans are the most dangerous thing on earth!

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well for FUCK'S Sake! I would never had reported it, had I known some trigger-happy hillbilly cop was going to pull his BIG GUNS out and shoot the poor little defenseless thing!

What a world!
    It may have been sick or rabid.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    It may have been sick or rabid.
    The clerk said that they tried to call Animal Control, they didn't answer, so they called the Police.

She said the cop showed up, grabbed his shotgun. chased the critter out from under the truck, and shot it at close range.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The clerk said that they tried to call Animal Control, they didn't answer, so they called the Police.

She said the cop showed up, grabbed his shotgun. chased the critter out from under the truck, and shot it at close range.
    I would have made a citizens arrest.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Gut-slammers! Humans are the most dangerous thing on earth!
    It appears to be a story that runs like a thread through human history - blaming wildlife for non-existent threats to humans, or for poor crop and livestock yields.

Apparently, these UK badgers are being slaughtered supposedly to keep disease from spreading to cows, but farmers neglecting basic on-farm hygiene and preventative measures are the real culprit.

Badger cull: Blaming wildlife while neglecting cheap farming improvements 'severely hampering' bovine TB fight, review finds

‘Disappointing uptake’ of basic biosecurity upgrades to prevent disease spreading on farms despite costly killing of tens of thousands of badgers

https://www.independent.co.uk/enviro...-a8630511.html