Thread: A CASE FOR REPARATIONS!

1. #346 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lets put issuing a check aside.

What about the reparations of equality I listed in the beginning of the post.

Those issues can be attributed to all Black americans without having corporations cut a check.

2. #347 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post

Those issues can be attributed to all Black americans without having corporations cut a check.
    Not going to happen
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

3. #348 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Time to bump this thread and see if white people really stand with or really understand where Blacks are coming from.

Will the talk of reparations go to far for them?
    yeah reparations arent happening.

4. #349 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,640 Times in 4,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Triplelefthook View Post
    People need an excuse for why and how 50 years of Liberal BS has left them high and dry with nothing to show for it.

These communities are no more impoverished than the Okies who went West straight into the worst working conditions known in the United States since Slavery.

So do their descendants also deserve some form of reparations? A lesser form?

50 years worth of excuse making BS by the people who are supposed to look out for them and now no longer need them.
    In those 50 years, we've had 6 years of Nixon, 2 years of Ford, 8 years of Reagan, a total of 12 years of the Bush family, and now the current con man in the White House...and when he's out you'll have 32 of those 50 years under conservative Republican leadership. So right off the bat you're off by 18 years....which invalidates the rest of your tirade.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

5. #350 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This is true....but those would require a HELL of a lot more efforts in different venues to pull off, I think. Essentially, the SOS this country has been going through since the Civil Rights marches in the 1960's. A pain in the butt either way.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

6. #351 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    This is true....but those would require a HELL of a lot more efforts in different venues to pull off, I think. Essentially, the SOS this country has been going through since the Civil Rights marches in the 1960's. A pain in the butt either way.
    The effort of "proving" anything is still exclusive.

ALL BLACK AMERICANS face the same oppression and discrimination. Blacks built this entire country it would be a much bigger effort to try to trace ancestry than to eliminate cash bail.

No offense, but it seems as if you are saying prove your ancestors were slaves or you get nothing. Which dismisses the hundreds of years of oppression all Blacks face today.

It's easy for white americans to say "trace ancestry" they know where they come from..............Blacks don't.

All Black americans in this country have been oppressed for hundreds of years.

7. #352 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

In those 50 years, we've had 6 years of Nixon, 2 years of Ford, 8 years of Reagan, a total of 12 years of the Bush family, and now the current con man in the White House...and when he's out you'll have 32 of those 50 years under conservative Republican leadership. So right off the bat you're off by 18 years....which invalidates the rest of your tirade.

I've been having a discussion in another thread, I would be interested in your view on this do you not believe that Trump has made things better for the Black community?

First Step Act, the Opportunity Zones, restoring funding for black colleges, decrease in the country's poverty rate and a growing economy, a decreasing unemployment rate among black americans.... these are good things no?

You are pointing out all the conservative leaders during that time period but do you not believe that the LBJ 1968 War on Poverty contributed more negatively to the Black community than anything the conservatives have done? Incentivizing single black mothers to become "married to the state" rather than the fathers and contributing to more broken homes than ever before?

8. #353 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
    The effort of "proving" anything is still exclusive.

ALL BLACK AMERICANS face the same oppression and discrimination. Blacks built this entire country it would be a much bigger effort to try to trace ancestry than to eliminate cash bail.

No offense, but it seems as if you are saying prove your ancestors were slaves or you get nothing. Which dismisses the hundreds of years of oppression all Blacks face today.

It's easy for white americans to say "trace ancestry" they know where they come from..............Blacks don't.

All Black americans in this country have been oppressed for hundreds of years.
    Ahh, but here's the thing....the opposition's basic whine is that you just can't get a check because you're a black American citizen who can trace your family tree to your great-grandfather. They include black folk who are 2nd or 3rd generation descendants of recent immigrants, etc. etc.

What I referring to is a systematic, logical approach that eliminates those arguments. Mind you, it doesn't affect every black American, (and I doubt it will pass Congress) but it does affect enough people to make the case that (once again) non-apologetic largesse based in part on racism is real and should be shared. It can happen....case in point
    https://apnews.com/fdc364f22ee64a8eafc6e241edfdd886

George Orwell

9. #354 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

Still looking for more freebies ......

10. #355 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I've been having a discussion in another thread, I would be interested in your view on this do you not believe that Trump has made things better for the Black community?

First Step Act, the Opportunity Zones, restoring funding for black colleges, decrease in the country's poverty rate and a growing economy, a decreasing unemployment rate among black americans.... these are good things no?

You are pointing out all the conservative leaders during that time period but do you not believe that the LBJ 1968 War on Poverty contributed more negatively to the Black community than anything the conservatives have done? Incentivizing single black mothers to become "married to the state" rather than the fathers and contributing to more broken homes than ever before?
    Typical right wing shuffle....you don't have the intellectual honesty to admit that one of the pillars of your initial screed was flat out WRONG given the plain, valid facts.....so you just move the goal post with more bigoted based myopia.

First, just admit in no uncertain terms that you were WRONG when you said "… people need an excuse for why and how 50 years of Liberal BS has left them high and dry with nothing to show for it." in light of what I previously posted....THEN we can move on to your other bilge.

George Orwell

11. #356 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ahh, but here's the thing....the opposition's basic whine is that you just can't get a check because you're a black American citizen who can trace your family tree to your great-grandfather. They include black folk who are 2nd or 3rd generation descendants of recent immigrants, etc. etc.

What I referring to is a systematic, logical approach that eliminates those arguments. Mind you, it doesn't affect every black American, (and I doubt it will pass Congress) but it does affect enough people to make the case that (once again) non-apologetic largesse based in part on racism is real and should be shared. It can happen....case in point
    What is wrong with eliminating cash bail? Who does that negatively affect most?

And who gives a fuck what the opposition says? If white americans want it to happen it can.

12. #357 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Who benefits most from the following? I'll tell you. Private corporations and business............we are not asking for checks were asking for equality.

Eliminate the for profit prison industrial complex
    Eliminate the cash bail system
    Eliminate Check the box for housing
    Eliminate Redlining in housing
    Eliminate Check the box for employment
    Eliminate Background checks for employment
    Eliminate Bias's in Financial Institutions with low cost, low interest rate loans
    Eliminate Voting restriction
    Eliminate the Electoral College
    Eliminate the Death Penalty
    Eliminate Police Unions
    Eliminate Racist laws such as sagging pants, loitering, skateboarding etc.
    Eliminate Racial segregation laws
    Revise and Revamp the ENTIRE LAW ENFORCEMENT SYSTEM hold racist departments, individual kops and the Justice Department accountable.
    Revise and Revamp the ENTIRE JUDICIAL SYSTEM Hold racist Judges, DA's, Prosecutors, etc accountable.
    Free Healthcare
    Free Education
    Raise the minimum wage to at lest 25.00 hr.

13. #358 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Typical right wing shuffle....you don't have the intellectual honesty to admit that one of the pillars of your initial screed was flat out WRONG given the plain, valid facts.....so you just move the goal post with more bigoted based myopia.

First, just admit in no uncertain terms that you were WRONG when you said "… people need an excuse for why and how 50 years of Liberal BS has left them high and dry with nothing to show for it." in light of what I previously posted....THEN we can move on to your other bilge.
    I was wrong to say 50 years of Liberal BS.

14. #359 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What is wrong with eliminating cash bail? Who does that negatively affect most?

And who gives a fuck what the opposition says? If white americans want it to happen it can.
    Stop picking a fight, as I said nothing against the elimination of cash bail...that is a semi-separate issue. And as the old saying goes, you damned sure better know how your enemy works and count the bodies. Like I keep saying, this has to pass Congress before ANYTHING is done. You and I might just live to see some form of reparations to pass...it probably won't be what either of us want entirely, but in the end it will be a start.

George Orwell

15. #360 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I was wrong to say 50 years of Liberal BS.
    THANK YOU! Now, what else precisely do you want to discuss?

George Orwell