Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63

Thread: Intercepted bank transfers show Russia poured money into Taliban-linked accounts

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    13,190
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 4,738 Times in 3,156 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 961 Times in 904 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Intercepted bank transfers show Russia poured money into Taliban-linked accounts

    American officials intercepted data that supported their conclusion that Russia had secretly offered bounties to Taliban forces for killing U.S. and coalition forces.

    Three officials familiar with the intelligence told the New York Times that intercepted electronic data showed large financial transfers from a bank account controlled by Russia’s military intelligence agency to an account linked to the Taliban.

    That evidence supported claims about the bounty program described by detainees during interrogations, and undercut White House denials that the intelligence was too thinly sourced to present to President Donald Trump in his daily briefing.

    Investigators also identified numerous Afghans by name who were linked to the suspected Russia operation, officials told the Times, including a man believed to have helped distribute some of the funds and purportedly since fled to Russia.

    The White House and national security council declined to comment on the new revelations, as did director of national intelligence John Ratcliffe, who is expected to meet privately Wednesday with the Republican-led Senate Intelligence Committee.

    https://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/int...ties-revealed/

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/30/u...elligence.html

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

    guno (06-30-2020), PoliTalker (06-30-2020)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    36,101
    Thanks
    890
    Thanked 3,623 Times in 2,776 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 243 Times in 224 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    American officials intercepted data that supported their conclusion that Russia had secretly offered bounties to Taliban forces for killing U.S. and coalition forces.

    Three officials familiar with the intelligence told the New York Times that intercepted electronic data showed large financial transfers from a bank account controlled by Russia’s military intelligence agency to an account linked to the Taliban.

    That evidence supported claims about the bounty program described by detainees during interrogations, and undercut White House denials that the intelligence was too thinly sourced to present to President Donald Trump in his daily briefing.

    Investigators also identified numerous Afghans by name who were linked to the suspected Russia operation, officials told the Times, including a man believed to have helped distribute some of the funds and purportedly since fled to Russia.

    The White House and national security council declined to comment on the new revelations, as did director of national intelligence John Ratcliffe, who is expected to meet privately Wednesday with the Republican-led Senate Intelligence Committee.

    https://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/int...ties-revealed/

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/30/u...elligence.html
    china has unleashed a pandemic on the world, and you're chasing russian ghosts in the dark. good job, scooby-don't.
    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --AssHatZombie

    Obamagate is Operation Crossfire Hurricane

    "AssHat rocks and is fun to have around." -- Damocles

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to AssHatZombie For This Post:

    Hawkeye10 (07-01-2020)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,109
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 574 Times in 414 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 216 Times in 193 Posts

    Default

    Data on Financial Transfers Bolstered Suspicions That Russia Offered Bounties

    Though the United States has accused Russia of providing general support to the Taliban before, analysts concluded from other intelligence that the transfers were most likely part of a bounty program that detainees described during interrogations. Investigators also identified by name numerous Afghans in a network linked to the suspected Russian operation, the officials said — including, two of them added, a man believed to have served as an intermediary for distributing some of the funds and who is now thought to be in Russia.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/30/u...elligence.html

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    13,190
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 4,738 Times in 3,156 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 961 Times in 904 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    china has unleashed a pandemic on the world, and you're chasing russian ghosts in the dark. good job, scooby-don't.
    No one cares what the fuck you believe, its a decision up to the American people.

  7. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    9,209
    Thanks
    2,686
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Groans
    183
    Groaned 501 Times in 480 Posts

    Default


  8. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    13,190
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 4,738 Times in 3,156 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 961 Times in 904 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    Data on Financial Transfers Bolstered Suspicions That Russia Offered Bounties

    Though the United States has accused Russia of providing general support to the Taliban before, analysts concluded from other intelligence that the transfers were most likely part of a bounty program that detainees described during interrogations. Investigators also identified by name numerous Afghans in a network linked to the suspected Russian operation, the officials said — including, two of them added, a man believed to have served as an intermediary for distributing some of the funds and who is now thought to be in Russia.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/30/u...elligence.html
    Little by little the truth is coming out, and its bad news for Trump.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

    guno (06-30-2020), PoliTalker (06-30-2020)

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,109
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 574 Times in 414 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 216 Times in 193 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Little by little the truth is coming out, and its bad news for Trump.
    Front page of online NYTimes. They're going with it.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to jacksonsprat22 For This Post:

    PoliTalker (06-30-2020)

  12. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    36,101
    Thanks
    890
    Thanked 3,623 Times in 2,776 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 243 Times in 224 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    No one cares what the fuck you believe, its a decision up to the American people.
    they chose trump once already for his anti globalist policies. they'll do it again, unless you fucksticks get a valid election cancelled and go for mail in fraudulence instead.
    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --AssHatZombie

    Obamagate is Operation Crossfire Hurricane

    "AssHat rocks and is fun to have around." -- Damocles

  13. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    13,190
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 4,738 Times in 3,156 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 961 Times in 904 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    they chose trump once already for his anti globalist policies. they'll do it again, unless you fucksticks get a valid election cancelled and go for mail in fraudulence instead.
    Something wrong with mail in voting that has been used for years by a number of states??
    This isn't about anything other than another trump complete and total failure, his total disregard for American soldiers.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

    guno (06-30-2020)

  15. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,109
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 574 Times in 414 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 216 Times in 193 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Something wrong with mail in voting that has been used for years by a number of states??
    This isn't about anything other than another trump complete and total failure, his total disregard for American soldiers.
    Seriously, if Trump is not a traitor then why does he suck up to Putin?!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to jacksonsprat22 For This Post:

    PoliTalker (06-30-2020)

  17. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    36,101
    Thanks
    890
    Thanked 3,623 Times in 2,776 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 243 Times in 224 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Something wrong with mail in voting that has been used for years by a number of states??
    This isn't about anything other than another trump complete and total failure, his total disregard for American soldiers.
    it's been a small percentage of votes, and is more prone to fraud. increasing it increases fraud. think, for once, dipshit.
    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --AssHatZombie

    Obamagate is Operation Crossfire Hurricane

    "AssHat rocks and is fun to have around." -- Damocles

  18. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    36,101
    Thanks
    890
    Thanked 3,623 Times in 2,776 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 243 Times in 224 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    Seriously, if Trump is not a traitor then why does he suck up to Putin?!
    continuing to focus on russia while china is shitting in your cornflakes makes you look stupid.
    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --AssHatZombie

    Obamagate is Operation Crossfire Hurricane

    "AssHat rocks and is fun to have around." -- Damocles

  19. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,109
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 574 Times in 414 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 216 Times in 193 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    continuing to focus on russia while china is shitting in your cornflakes makes you look stupid.
    Don't come to a politics forum. You know nothing and babble like a child.

  20. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    36,101
    Thanks
    890
    Thanked 3,623 Times in 2,776 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 243 Times in 224 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Little by little the truth is coming out, and its bad news for Trump.
    are the wall closing in?
    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --AssHatZombie

    Obamagate is Operation Crossfire Hurricane

    "AssHat rocks and is fun to have around." -- Damocles

  21. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    36,101
    Thanks
    890
    Thanked 3,623 Times in 2,776 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 243 Times in 224 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    Don't come to a politics forum. You know nothing and babble like a child.
    you mean I have a great point you can't refute.
    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --AssHatZombie

    Obamagate is Operation Crossfire Hurricane

    "AssHat rocks and is fun to have around." -- Damocles

Similar Threads

  1. Mexico freezes bank accounts in widening migration clampdown
    By dukkha in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-10-2019, 10:07 AM
  2. trump partner bank accounts closed by US Bank
    By evince in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2019, 12:59 PM
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-14-2018, 11:29 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-27-2018, 11:23 AM
  5. Obama allowing travel, money transfers to Cuba
    By Socrtease in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 05:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •