Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: A CASE FOR REPARATIONS!

1. #376 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    And as the chronology of the posts shows, when directly challenged on specific points, right wing wonks just ignore what they can't disprove and then double down with more accusations. As we see here, TripleLeftHook NOW zeros in on two incidences of the Obama administration in order say that they were indicative of his ENTIRE 8 years. Let's make short work of this (I've numbered TLH's accusations accordingly:

1. The conservative peanut gallery and right wing wonks keep regurgitating this vague, generalized mantra. But when put on the carpet to provide no-uncertain-terms examples, they don't bear up under close examination. I challenge TLH to provide proof. The reading audience awaits.

2. Yes. One of several serious bad moves he did in his 8 years that I did not agree with. Mike Moore says it best.https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...bama/83940370/ But this does NOT prove your contention of 8 years of consistent disasters.

3. Did and done. Now it's your turn. Get crack'in … I'll wait.
    Hang on a second here.........there's nothing MORE consistent than the ginning up of ethnic grievances to the detriment of real improvement so much so as that the Dems LOSE the House, LOSE the Senate and then LOSE THE LOT in 2016.........so that Racist "Shithole Countries" Trump takes the Big House.
    Either Trump is a disaster for the USA or he is not. If he is........then ask how he got there. Obama put him there. He threw a pass to Hillary that she had NO CHANCE of collecting because the trend of expectation had been warped.

The rest is just examples or nodes along the way.

Where do you want to start?

Obama fired up every "Known" economic stimulus but growth just wouldn't rise above 2%. Why? Nobody trusted him. He didn't engender confidence. That hurts the people at the very lowest end of the spectrum- namely the Black community. He did nothing about the impending dispossession crisis that followed the collapse in the housing market. He didn't cause the collapse but he went along with it thereafter and again, the very lowest suffered the greatest.

He went on the record as taking credit for the increase in domestic oil production despite his own red-tape policies designed to drive these things down. If Trump did that you'd shit your pants.

But there's something else about the guy. He is fundamentally uncelebratory of the United States. He'd always be on the look out for some cheap stunt whereby he could do the place down. Clock Boy. A clear instance of opportunistic gaming of the system by a pack of immigrant America-Haters. They should have been destroyed instead they were invited to the White House to put the boot in on live TV.

"The Police are Stupid". ......see now how that comment "The Police are Stupid".......has fed into the current madness which is doing NOTHING to help the Black community. Instead, he ginned it right up until we got people basically going around telling everyone that Black Americans are essentially in a cross-hairs of relentless butchery orchestrated by the Cops. Always a victim.

That's where the focus really should lie......the guy was- IS- a driving force behind sentiments which are fundamentally damnatory of the United States and that affects and has always affected those at the bottom more and first.

2. #377 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And i thought I was "on notice"

3. #378 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Obama Grade Card

Russia: Fail
    Iran: Fail
    China: Fail
    USA: Fail

That's a fail, Barry.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Triplelefthook For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (07-13-2020)

5. #379 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,640 Times in 4,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Triplelefthook View Post

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
    And as the chronology of the posts shows, when directly challenged on specific points, right wing wonks just ignore what they can't disprove and then double down with more accusations. As we see here, TripleLeftHook NOW zeros in on two incidences of the Obama administration in order say that they were indicative of his ENTIRE 8 years. Let's make short work of this (I've numbered TLH's accusations accordingly:

1. The conservative peanut gallery and right wing wonks keep regurgitating this vague, generalized mantra. But when put on the carpet to provide no-uncertain-terms examples, they don't bear up under close examination. I challenge TLH to provide proof. The reading audience awaits.

2. Yes. One of several serious bad moves he did in his 8 years that I did not agree with. Mike Moore says it best.https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...bama/83940370/ But this does NOT prove your contention of 8 years of consistent disasters.

3. Did and done. Now it's your turn. Get crack'in … I'll wait.

Hang on a second here.........there's nothing MORE consistent than the ginning up of ethnic grievances to the detriment of real improvement so much so as that the Dems LOSE the House, LOSE the Senate and then LOSE THE LOT in 2016.........so that Racist "Shithole Countries" Trump takes the Big House.
    Either Trump is a disaster for the USA or he is not. If he is........then ask how he got there. Obama put him there. He threw a pass to Hillary that she had NO CHANCE of collecting because the trend of expectation had been warped.

The rest is just examples or nodes along the way.

Where do you want to start?

Obama fired up every "Known" economic stimulus but growth just wouldn't rise above 2%. Why? Nobody trusted him. He didn't engender confidence. That hurts the people at the very lowest end of the spectrum- namely the Black community. He did nothing about the impending dispossession crisis that followed the collapse in the housing market. He didn't cause the collapse but he went along with it thereafter and again, the very lowest suffered the greatest.

He went on the record as taking credit for the increase in domestic oil production despite his own red-tape policies designed to drive these things down. If Trump did that you'd shit your pants.

But there's something else about the guy. He is fundamentally uncelebratory of the United States. He'd always be on the look out for some cheap stunt whereby he could do the place down. Clock Boy. A clear instance of opportunistic gaming of the system by a pack of immigrant America-Haters. They should have been destroyed instead they were invited to the White House to put the boot in on live TV.

"The Police are Stupid". ......see now how that comment "The Police are Stupid".......has fed into the current madness which is doing NOTHING to help the Black community. Instead, he ginned it right up until we got people basically going around telling everyone that Black Americans are essentially in a cross-hairs of relentless butchery orchestrated by the Cops. Always a victim.

That's where the focus really should lie......the guy was- IS- a driving force behind sentiments which are fundamentally damnatory of the United States and that affects and has always affected those at the bottom more and first.
    First, here's the original exchange https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...76#post3745876

~ Your first response here is pure unadulterated horse manure. I mean, Obama is responsible for Dump's election? Really? Obama controlled the DNC and manipulated the key votes in California? Only the most fantastic display of convoluted logic, supposition and conjecture could try and prove that one...and you sure do shovel it!

~ Case in point; Obama commenting on the stupid rookie actions of the cops that arrested famed and celebrated historian Gates Jr. in his own home. Jokers of your mindset were bent out of shape since a black man was elected to the White House … TWICE! His just waking up in the White House was an abuse of power by a subversive anti-American racists, according to the pundits and peanut gallery. And God forbid he actually comments on what's going on in society. But unlike the Orange Oaf you'd walk off a cliff for, Obama showed class in dealing with the fallout of his commentary: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...n-america.html I have YET to hear Dump admit he was wrong on ANYTHING on ANY level.

~ Case in point: you parrot a tired lies and Dump's exaggerations about the economy. Facts do support you, toodles: https://www.npr.org/2018/09/12/64670...ng-u-s-economy

~ As for the oil prices, Obama's just as guilty of exaggeration as the next president, but as always, things were not totally as you say https://www.factcheck.org/2018/11/ob...ing-oil-boast/

Bottom line: you're shadow boxing, and your triple left hook is just moving a lot of bigoted, right wing wonkish smoke. Carry on.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Triplelefthook (07-08-2020)

7. #380 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Obama Grade Card

That's a fail, Barry.
    My, my, my.....bitter little bigots still having their asses burned by a black man that whupped them twice fair and square...and then saved the country from the spiral created by the Shrub's version of Reaganomics on steroids. A matter of fact, a matter of history. Nixon, the Bush Crime family, and lateral assist from Slick Willy and now Dump....yeah, winners all. Obama was not saint and far from perfect, but regurgitating failed GOP campaign propaganda doesn't cut.

Back to the OP at hand....my posts on this matter pretty much stand valid. To date, no right wing wonk can logically put them down. Carry on.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Triplelefthook (07-08-2020)

9. #381 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My, my, my.....bitter little bigots still having their asses burned by a black man that whupped them twice fair and square...and then saved the country from the spiral created by the Shrub's version of Reaganomics on steroids. A matter of fact, a matter of history. Nixon, the Bush Crime family, and lateral assist from Slick Willy and now Dump....yeah, winners all. Obama was not saint and far from perfect, but regurgitating failed GOP campaign propaganda doesn't cut.

Back to the OP at hand....my posts on this matter pretty much stand valid. To date, no right wing wonk can logically put them down. Carry on.

You see, what you call "far from perfect" I call a disaster. He didn't ruin the country but he was awful and the Black American is no better than they were before the "First "Black" President".

Do you deny that he ginned up racial unrest?

"Trayvon the Son I didn't have.........." "Stupid Police"..."Clock Boy come to the White House, let's Celebrate" etc.

10. #382 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You see, what you call "far from perfect" I call a disaster. He didn't ruin the country but he was awful and the Black American is no better than they were before the "First "Black" President".

Do you deny that he ginned up racial unrest?

"Trayvon the Son I didn't have.........." "Stupid Police"..."Clock Boy come to the White House, let's Celebrate" etc.
    you're an embarrassment. You keep parroting the SOS, yet when taken to task, your blather just doesn't stand up to the light of day. I've already addressed the willfully ignorant and insipidly stubborn mantras you've put forth here. Instead of wasting time being a parrot, just search this thread for my posts and read my responses. If you don't have the cojones or intellectual honesty to do so, then I'd say we're done here, and you may proudly squawk your frustrations to your hearts content without fearing a response from me. Carry on.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...50#post3759150

George Orwell

11. #383 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you're an embarrassment. You keep parroting the SOS, yet when taken to task, your blather just doesn't stand up to the light of day. I've already addressed the willfully ignorant and insipidly stubborn mantras you've put forth here. Instead of wasting time being a parrot, just search this thread for my posts and read my responses. If you don't have the cojones or intellectual honesty to do so, then I'd say we're done here, and you may proudly squawk your frustrations to your hearts content without fearing a response from me. Carry on.

OK let’s take a step back. Your points are not being ignored or avoided, you are enlightening me and I appreciate it.

Let’s go back to the early stages of our discussion. Has Trump made the country a better place for Black Americans?

Trump exaggerates his role in “improving the African-American community.” Fine he exaggerates it, he says he’s the “best President for African-Americans ever” – total nonsense, we agree. He says “Obama couldn’t get it done and I did” – not true as he states it.

But do you think he deserves any credit for improving things in the country for Black Americans? Even your article states:

“When we took a closer look, we found that Trump does have a point about some of the economic and policy details he mentioned. His campaign also pointed to a double-digit funding increase he sought and signed for historically black colleges and universities.”

And then in reference to Opportunity Zones and Criminal Justice reform:

“But while Trump gets credit for signing these bills, he doesn’t get sole credit.”

So I concur, not sole credit and he isn’t the most amazing President ever we all agree there. But does he deserve any credit? To combat the narrative that he is just a racist?

Or do you think he is just piggybacking off of Obama;s prior achievements and groundwork? Does he get any credit for continuing the trends, such as poverty rates and unemployment continuing to go down, or none at all?

And in terms of President Obama. Do you just think the idea that he revved up racial unrest is “right wing wonk?” No basis behind it at all?

12. #384 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

OK let’s take a step back. Your points are not being ignored or avoided, you are enlightening me and I appreciate it.

Let’s go back to the early stages of our discussion. Has Trump made the country a better place for Black Americans?

Trump exaggerates his role in “improving the African-American community.” Fine he exaggerates it, he says he’s the “best President for African-Americans ever” – total nonsense, we agree. He says “Obama couldn’t get it done and I did” – not true as he states it.

But do you think he deserves any credit for improving things in the country for Black Americans? Even your article states:

“When we took a closer look, we found that Trump does have a point about some of the economic and policy details he mentioned. His campaign also pointed to a double-digit funding increase he sought and signed for historically black colleges and universities.”

And then in reference to Opportunity Zones and Criminal Justice reform:

“But while Trump gets credit for signing these bills, he doesn’t get sole credit.”

So I concur, not sole credit and he isn’t the most amazing President ever we all agree there. But does he deserve any credit? To combat the narrative that he is just a racist?

Or do you think he is just piggybacking off of Obama;s prior achievements and groundwork? Does he get any credit for continuing the trends, such as poverty rates and unemployment continuing to go down, or none at all?

And in terms of President Obama. Do you just think the idea that he revved up racial unrest is “right wing wonk?” No basis behind it at all?
    And in typical right wing wonk fashion, TLK just can't fully concede to a point, let alone admit he was wrong. Essentially, when proven wrong TLK just keeps stubbornly piling on more and more "examples" that he was actually right all along...NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGING THE CONTRADICTIONS TO HIS INTIAL ADMISSIONS OF ERROR AND CONCESSION TO THE POINTS I MADE.

Essentially, TLK is just an insipidly stubborn right wing wonk who like his Orange Pated hero in the White House, can NEVER admit he was wrong. For the objective reader, here is the chronology of the posts to demonstrates TLK intellectual dishonesty and basic bias; Posts #361, 365, 372 - 6, 379, 380, 381.

Once I've nailed jokers like TLK and exposed their blather to the rational, objective and logical reading audience, I no longer waste time and space on them. He's done.
    Last edited by Taichiliberal; 07-14-2020 at 05:36 PM.

George Orwell

13. #385 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,608 Times in 9,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Obama Grade Card

That's a fail, Barry.
    This is a political forum.
    Obama is a private citizen.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

14. The Following User Groans At Mason Michaels For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (07-13-2020)

15. #386 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mason View Post
    This is a political forum.
    Obama is a private citizen.
    Post FAIL, Mr. Mason, post FAIL.

16. #387 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,608 Times in 9,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steven VanderMolen View Post
    Post FAIL, Mr. Mason, post FAIL.
    STFU cum gargler
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

Matt Dillon (07-13-2020)

18. #388 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And in typical right wing wonk fashion, TLK just can't fully concede to a point, let alone admit he was wrong. Essentially, when proven wrong TLK just keeps stubbornly piling on more and more "examples" that he was actually right all along...NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGING THE CONTRADICTIONS TO HIS INTIAL ADMISSIONS OF ERROR AND CONCESSION TO THE POINTS I MADE.

Essentially, TLK is just an insipidly stubborn right wing wonk who like his Orange Pated hero in the White House, can NEVER admit he was wrong. For the objective reader, here is the chronology of the posts to demonstrates TLK intellectual dishonesty and basic bias; Posts #361, 365, 372 - 6, 379, 380, 381.

Once I've nailed jokers like TLK and exposed their blather to the rational, objective and logical reading audience, I know longer waste time and space on them. He's done.
    Come on man I already said it you are enlightening me I appreciate it - your posts are good. Do you want me to go point by point conceding?

I am genuinely interested in answers to the post, your thoughts. Keep it going enlighten me further. I feel like we lost the original thread of the discussion, and it was probably my fault. So going back to the first points we discussed... what are your thoughts?

19. #389 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mason View Post
    STFU cum gargler
    Ha-ha!

20. #390 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans