1. #256 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
    If, by some quirk of Fate and God, reparations did pass through Congress, ONLY A TINY FRACTION of the American black population would be entitled to receipt. This is because (a) lineage to a slave family or person would have to be firmly established (b) a company or corporate records would have to exist to establish ownership (c) said company or corporation would have to exist to this day.

But I do applaud bringing this subject up from time to time, because it exposes the congenital racism and bigotry that exists in America....and leans to a discussion where such blatant examples of this mindset occur in present society.

I hope your not excluding yourself from this?

You don't seem to understand the effects that slaver has on Black America today.

To think that only actual proven decendants of slaves can get reparations is comical. It's not only decendants of slaves who are locked up in private prisons, who are still being oppressed, and discriminated against.
    Seriously? Did I deny the effects of nearly 400 years of systemic racism born of nearly 2 centuries of slavery? Nope. I'm merely pointing out a FACT as to how things work in our current state of society and government. Hell, the OP indirectly concurs with me by acknowledging alternatives to the original monetary/land/animal offering.

Read what I put to the bigoted cabal that regularly show up when black folk point to the congenital racism and bigotry in the country, and how it's failed on it's promises historically. Note Japanese got theirs relatively easy because of direct line of cause and effect and relatively a small group of people. Native Americans despite documents, treaties, etc., are a hit and miss, and we (black folk) aren't getting squat because, let's face it, you had hatred against people who were considered less than human breeding on this land before it became a country. That being said, I wager (IMHO) that what I previously stated is about the only way it's going to happen....if it happens at all. But keep the faith, baby!
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

2. #257 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    You personally don't have a penny coming to you!
    You're not a victim!
    Tell that the black folk who got screwed in the recent Wall St. related debacles by banks using predatory loan tactics. Or folks that get red lined in the real estate market. Hell, half the clowns who got GI bill gifts never saw combat or left the main land! You're not in charge of the banks or federal reserve or congress...hell, you don't even have a grasp of social history.

It would be interesting if the financial equivalent of 40 acres & a mule were awarded to black folk when they could prove in court that racism and/or bigotry was the root cause in whatever case was brought before the bench. Bet you'd bitch about that too!
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

3. #258 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

The point being is that you and your ilk always default to this part of American history as some sort of half assed attempt to justify slavery and/or negate civil rights moves (past & present), much less the discussion of slavery....and you fail every time, because when challenged you change the subject real fast.

It's like this, genius....reparations actually was tried for a brief time just before and after the end of the Civil War...only to be thwarted by the bitter Southern losers (see the rise of the KKK). Do your homework.

As for my "solution", here's what I wrote earlier: https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...06#post3117406

"If, by some quirk of Fate and God, reparations did pass through Congress, ONLY A TINY FRACTION of the American black population would be entitled to receipt. This is because (a) lineage to a slave family or person would have to be firmly established (b) a company or corporate records would have to exist to establish ownership (c) said company or corporation would have to exist to this day."

I would think most Blacks in America could trace Family members as 'Slaves', not many paid to come here as Pioneers or Colonists.

I would also think 'Ownership' would be by Plantation Owners. (Thomas Jefferson being a prominent slave owner) Not so much 'Corporations'.

Having a Discussion about how to solve 'Inequality', would seem more 'American', than 'Reparations', which just seems to be more a "Send me a Check" by our African friends.
    For your education: https://atlantablackstar.com/2013/08...fited-slavery/

So if I trace my family lineage to a former slave, and the records showed who bought and sold that person(s) ,,,,gee, ever notice what good little note takers Nazi's and racist slavers were?,,,,,,and reparations passes Congress, then said company/corporation/business pays up. Got that, bunky?

George Orwell

4. #259 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You're a bigot AND a liar Jack....No one on this thread has declared what you suggest....and I defy you to link to where they did. Bottom line is that your sheet wearing behind (metaphorically speaking) is getting handed to you and you don't like it....so much so is that you've deteriorated to using clinical terms regarding black Americans. Funny that, as I have yet to see you refer to yourself and your brethren as Caucasian Americans. Carry on.

Most Americans refer to themselves as 'Americans'. While I notice a segment of the Population refers to themselves as 'African-Americans', as though they just arrived here and still retain their original heritage. For those that feel 'African', I could support a One Way ticket back to the 'Motherland'.
    I noticed you used 'black Americans', I applaud you for that.
    1. You declared that there are those on this thread who either claim or imply or insinuated that America was the only place on Earth that had slavery. I called you out to show the readers who said that and where via a link or a given post number. You can't....that makes YOU A LIAR AND AN INTELLECTUAL COWARD.

2. I called you out for your antiquated, dated and clinical term for black Americans...which came only after getting your pseudo-intellectual butt handed to you in a discussion. You did this out of frustration of a loser, then double down with some bigoted babbling found in the screeds of Limbaugh and Duke and the like.

Keep it up, bunky. You're just supporting my points.

George Orwell

5. #260 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vasquezrocks View Post
    Do your own homework ...

The black population: At 41.6 percent, blacks were more likely to participate in government assistance programs in an average month.
    o The black participation rate was followed by Hispanics at 36.4 percent, Asians or Pacific
    Islanders at 17.8 percent, and non-Hispanic whites at 13.2 percent.

Oh jeez, another David Duke wanna be with delusions of intellectualism.

YOU made the statements, genius...the burden of proof is on YOU!

what's this "more likely" BS, toodles. If you got the stats, you have the raw numbers. Let's see the sources of your material....whom is stating what and when. Surely you learned that much in jr. high. I'll wait.

George Orwell

6. #261 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Tell that the black folk who got screwed in the recent Wall St. related debacles by banks using predatory loan tactics. Or folks that get red lined in the real estate market. Hell, half the clowns who got GI bill gifts never saw combat or left the main land! You're not in charge of the banks or federal reserve or congress...hell, you don't even have a grasp of social history.

It would be interesting if the financial equivalent of 40 acres & a mule were awarded to black folk when they could prove in court that racism and/or bigotry was the root cause in whatever case was brought before the bench. Bet you'd bitch about that too!
    WTF are you talking about?
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

7. #262 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So if I trace my family lineage to a former slave, and the records showed who bought and sold that person(s) ,,,,gee, ever notice what good little note takers Nazi's and racist slavers were?,,,,,,and reparations passes Congress, then said company/corporation/business pays up. Got that, bunky?
    "The former slave has reparations coming to them,not you.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

8. #263 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hah! As I thought.
    "The enslavement of African people in the Americas by the nations and peoples of Western Europe, created the economic engine that funded modern capitalism. Therefore it comes as no surprise that most of the major corporations that were founded by Western European and American merchants prior to roughly 100 years ago, benefited directly from slavery."

Ever hear of the East India Company, founded in 1600? Dutch East India Company?
    You've basically admitted that you have been brought up in a Negro environment that is solely focused on Negro issues.

9. #264 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Taichi: "You declared that there are those on this thread who either claim or imply or insinuated that America was the only place on Earth that had slavery."
    Jack; Yeah. That would be YOU.

Taichi: "I called you out for your antiquated, dated and clinical term for black Americans"
    Jack: Do you have a Problem with the NAACP?

Admit it, you're a white person trying to play the 'Dumbass'.

1. You declared that there are those on this thread who either claim or imply or insinuated that America was the only place on Earth that had slavery. I called you out to show the readers who said that and where via a link or a given post number. You can't....that makes YOU A LIAR AND AN INTELLECTUAL COWARD.

2. I called you out for your antiquated, dated and clinical term for black Americans...which came only after getting your pseudo-intellectual butt handed to you in a discussion. You did this out of frustration of a loser, then double down with some bigoted babbling found in the screeds of Limbaugh and Duke and the like.

Keep it up, bunky. You're just supporting my points.

10. #265 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

True enough but YOU made the stupid comparison of reparations and welfare...making the false assumption that all black folk who would receive reparations (if granted by Congress and systematically worked out and distributed) are on welfare....insinuating that the majority of black Americans are on welfare.

Here's your homework assignment: Look into the reparations for Japanese Americans put into internment camps during WWII. Or those given to certain Native American tribes. get back to me when you're up to speed.
    Those weren't "reparations"; because they were COMPENSATION for lost monies and property.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

11. #266 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So only Blacks got fucked by Wall St?
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

12. #267 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

WTF are you talking about?
    You had the chutzpah to tell someone of whom you know nothing about that they are not a victim of America's congenital racism, and therefore would not be eligible for reparations if it passed Congress. All I did was reference some easily confirmed situations where black Americans are victims of racism that can be easily be traced back to when slavery legally ended. If you have the cojones, you could do the research yourself to validate what I'm saying, as I tire of doing the homework for the willfully ignorant.

George Orwell

13. #268 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You had the chutzpah to tell someone of whom you know nothing about that they are not a victim of America's congenital racism, and therefore would not be eligible for reparations if it passed Congress. All I did was reference some easily confirmed situations where black Americans are victims of racism that can be easily be traced back to when slavery legally ended. If you have the cojones, you could do the research yourself to validate what I'm saying, as I tire of doing the homework for the willfully ignorant.
    You're full of shit
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

14. #269 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"The former slave has reparations coming to them,not you.
    Are you drunk or naturally dense or just being insipidly stubborn? Let's try it from another angle.....the company or corporation that PROFITED in part from slave labor was able to survive and thrive to this day. So if reparations passed Congress, the direct descendants should get their stipend. If one descendent is profiting from the past, then another should get their legal government supplied inheritance from the past as well. Mind you, said proverbial company enjoys all the current amenities our gov't has to offer company's and corporations (i.e., the Clear Channel rulings), so why shouldn't the aforementioned individuals? Fair is fair.

George Orwell

15. #270 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hah! As I thought.
    "The enslavement of African people in the Americas by the nations and peoples of Western Europe, created the economic engine that funded modern capitalism. Therefore it comes as no surprise that most of the major corporations that were founded by Western European and American merchants prior to roughly 100 years ago, benefited directly from slavery."

Ever hear of the East India Company, founded in 1600? Dutch East India Company?
    You've basically admitted that you have been brought up in a Negro environment that is solely focused on Negro issues.

Your first four words are in serious doubt. Seems folk of your mindset have an alcohol fueled myopia when it comes to proof of America's racism for profit past. Either that or your just being insipidly stubborn, or are generally dense.

Aetna and the Lehman Bros., NY Life, JP Morgan, Wells Fargo are NOT the East India company.....these were/are American companies that bought and used black slaves as property and business collateral. Please learn to read what is presented before you spew your bigoted based babble....makes you look less foolish.

George Orwell