Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: A CASE FOR REPARATIONS!

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Name someone pushing 30 bucks an hour? There is nothing for free. Healthcare should be paid for by taxes, the taxes will be less than you pay for health insurance now. About half as much.
    No one I have heard from, so far, has mentioned a mandatory $30 an hour minimum wage.

It's not so much the cost of healthcare- as it is the cost of healthcare insurance.

How much did you pay for your brand new automobile in 1992 when it was the last time the Minimum wage was increased?

Let me help you out! The price of a fully loaded Silverado pickup truck cost $15,000 in 1992.

The cost of a new fully loaded Chevy Silverado pickup truck today are up over $50 grand. Do the math on inflation.

The price of a Big Mac in 1994 was 91 cents- today $3.99- yet they pay their employees the very same!

BUT THE MINIMUM WAGE HAS NOT INCREASED 1 penny since the price of everything has tripled or quadrupled since then.

THAT is the major problem.
    Last edited by Adolf_Twitler; 06-24-2019 at 07:12 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

Bill (06-24-2019), TTQ64 (06-25-2019)

3. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    No one I have heard from, so far, has mentioned a mandatory $30 an hour minimum wage.

It's not so much the cost of healthcare- as it is the cost of healthcare insurance.

How much did you pay for your brand new automobile in 1992 when it was the last time the Minimum wage was increased?

Let me help you out! The price of a fully loaded Silverado pickup truck cost $15,000 in 1992.

The cost of a new fully loaded Chevy Silverado pickup truck today are up over $50 grand. Do the math on inflation.

The price of a Big Mac in 1994 was 91 cents- today $3.99- yet they pay their employees the very same!

BUT THE MINIMUM WAGE HAS NOT INCREASED 1 penny since the price of everything has tripled or quadrupled since then.

THAT is the major problem.
    That is my fault. The post of the OP you responded to demanded a minimum of $25/hr, not $30.

4. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    That is my fault. The post of the OP you responded to demanded a minimum of $25/hr, not $30.
    That would probably be more of a minimum wage that would have been there already, had the minimum wage kept up with inflation.

I didn't blame you of anything BTW!

I don't blame people for being stupid. I actually try to help stupid people by explaining the facts to them.

5. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That would probably be more of a minimum wage that would have been there already, had the minimum wage kept up with inflation.

I didn't blame you of anything BTW!

I don't blame people for being stupid. I actually try to help stupid people by explaining the facts to them.
    Do you have any documentation showing minimum wage would be close to $25 if it kept up with inflation?

6. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Would you support a 'Right of Return' for our African friends?
    Basically a One Way Ticket and a renouncement of their Citizenship, plus a sizeable amount of Money?
    You first back to Europe, bitch....our native American folk would REALLY appreciate that!
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

7. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What do we do with the Black owner of slaves?
    "One of the most vexing questions in African-American history is whether free African Americans themselves owned slaves. The short answer to this question, as you might suspect, is yes, of course; some free black people in this country bought and sold other black people, and did so at least since 1654, continuing to do so right through the Civil War. For me, the really fascinating questions about black slave-owning are how many black "masters" were involved, how many slaves did they own and why did they own slaves?"
    https://www.theroot.com/did-black-pe...ves-1790895436
    And pray tell, what was the actual raw number of black slave owners in the nearly 300 years of legal slavery in America? Because if the Native Americans apply your "logic", you're toast.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

8. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do you have any documentation showing minimum wage would be close to $25 if it kept up with inflation?
    Do your own research you fuckwit!

I already made some examples of inflation since 1992 in my prior comments here in this thread.

But you do your own.

9. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You know, 'Slavery' has existed for 10,000 years. It's mentioned in the Hammurabi Code and the Bible. Did you know the 'Slavic Race' (Eastern Europeans) get their name because that is where Rome harvested many of their Slaves.
    So, will I be getting 'paid' for the past enslavement of my ancestors?
    you know, only a complete intellectually impotent bigoted bumpkin would make such an asinine opening sentence in lieu of America's, England's, Spain's & Portugal's DOCUMENTED history (documented by their own accord, don't cha know). That pretty much negates anything else you babble.

George Orwell

10. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Over the course of the Civil war, 2,128,948 men enlisted in the Union Army.

And also over the course of the Civil war 360,000 plus Union soldiers died and gave their lives to free the 4 million slaves in the south and end slavery.

Are we also going to give reparations to them?

Their blood and sacrifice were worth something don't you think?
    You forgot all the reneged stuff that President Grant basically ignored in the Southern States to "keep the peace"....all those years of Jim Crow....several additions to the Bill of Rights to reaffirm citizens rights to black folk across a century or so AFTER the end of the Civil War, etc., etc.

See bunky, all that wasn't about white folk. But you knew that already … you just want to play dumb for some twisted bigoted pleasure.

George Orwell

11. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do your own research you fuckwit!

I already made some examples of inflation since 1992 in my prior comments here in this thread.

But you do your own.
    Actually I have and nothing I’ve seen has stated minimum wage would even be close to $25 based on inflation hence why I asked. But hey, sorry to upset you so.

12. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I think I'll take your portion because my great grandfather fought to free your worthless racist ass. Be happy with what you got.
    Your great grandfather is spinning in his grave at the worthless, brain dead POS bigoted parroting his great grandson does on these threads. 90 years of Jim Crow. 60 years of separate but equal. 35 years of racist housing policy, must've killed his spirit....and then there's the laws that had to be passed to reaffirm my right as a born & bread US citizen to go to any school my parents could afford.

Reparations as originally conceived wasn't meant for you, bunky….YOU ARE NOT A DECENDANT OF SLAVES, OR WERE AFFECTED BY THE AFOREMENTIONED. I like the OP idea of an alternative to the original intent, though I highly doubt Congress will pass anything of the sort (to many folks like YOU around).

George Orwell

13. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Actually I have and nothing I’ve seen has stated minimum wage would even be close to $25 based on inflation hence why I asked. But hey, sorry to upset you so.
    Dude just look at the things that people need- a roof over your head as an example.

Are you too stupid to realize that the price of a home or apartment in 1992 has quadrupled in price over the last 27 years?

Give us a break dude!

14. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    By who?! The media and academia are incredibly anti-white and call everything racist.

And what do laws against skateboarding on the sidewalk have to do with slavery?
    The media is anti-white? GMAFB! That's been the bogus whine found on Murdock's bullhorn's, folks listed by the Anti-Defamation league, etc. White's control the media, and they're anti-white? Puh-leeze! Spare me! When Gingrich was Speaker, he went after Pacifica Broadcasting....hell, the vast majority of Americans don't know who they are, since neither the Big Three or any major cable news station mentioned them.

George Orwell

15. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If, by some quirk of Fate and God, reparations did pass through Congress, ONLY A TINY FRACTION of the American black population would be entitled to receipt. This is because (a) lineage to a slave family or person would have to be firmly established (b) a company or corporate records would have to exist to establish ownership (c) said company or corporation would have to exist to this day.

But I do applaud bringing this subject up from time to time, because it exposes the congenital racism and bigotry that exists in America....and leans to a discussion where such blatant examples of this mindset occur in present society.

George Orwell

16. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Dude just look at the things that people need- a roof over your head as an example.

Are you too stupid to realize that the price of a home or apartment in 1992 has quadrupled in price over the last 27 years?

Give us a break dude!
    Saying one needs a roof over their heads doesn’t address what we were talking about and that was what minimum wage would be today adjusted for inflation. I did a google search and saw nothing that stated it would be $25 like you claim. If you have data to the contrary I’m open to seeing it.

Housing is a separate subject. If you want to address that feel free to make the factors you believe have caused the increase in cost