Members banned from this thread: tinfoil, Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl, lisasanders1964 and Vasquezrocks

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: $1B Climate Change Denial Industry: Getting Rich Telling Lies, Destroying Humanity...

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,498 Times in 7,586 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    probably refused to answer your question because it's moronic, posed by a moron

...the same reason I would need to drive a car to work, no alternate means of transportation available

...the same reason I must use PGE natural gas and electric, and a local ATT land line into my house, no alternatives

try asking questions that actually make sense
    If there's no alternative and you use refined oil products in your every day life why do you hate the industry so much?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-21-2019), gfm7175 (06-21-2019)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Synth
    That does not work for combustion. What brand of petrol for combustion do you recommend as an alternative to BP, Chevron or Exxon?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

gfm7175 (06-21-2019), Stretch (06-20-2019)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    It would be easier to accept AGW if there were any documented scientific proof that CO2 were capable of whats claimed of it.
    There is none, nothing.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

gfm7175 (06-21-2019), Stretch (06-20-2019)

7. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Happy first day of summer, anonymoose,

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    That's a relief. Can you tell your friends on the left to stop brainwashing kids into believing the End of Times comes in 12 yrs.? That's child abuse and I plan on reporting them to social services.I know.
    I have about as much control over what other liberals say as you do over other conservatives.

But you knew that.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

It would be easier to accept AGW if there were any documented scientific proof that CO2 were capable of whats claimed of it.
    The proof is there but it involves believing in science.

Does that make it a problem?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-21-2019)

10. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,717 Times in 27,347 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Carbon dioxide has been experimentally proven beyond any shadow of a doubt to have greenhouse gas properties. This has been known for a century, it is known by all informed people, and Exxon's own scientists knew it when they secretly concluded four decades ago that burning fossil fuels and adding CO2 to the atmosphere would cause the planet to relentlessly warm.

11. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-21-2019)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-21-2019)

13. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Does that make it a problem?
    Nope. Trouble is its not been done.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

14. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Carbon dioxide has been experimentally proven beyond any shadow of a doubt to have greenhouse gas properties. This has been known for a century, it is known by all informed people, and Exxon's own scientists knew it when they secretly concluded four decades ago that burning fossil fuels and adding CO2 to the atmosphere would cause the planet to relentlessly warm.
    If this is true the scientific evidence should be availble. Perhaps even readily availble. And by scientific evidence i mean an actual repeatable demonstration.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

15. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,717 Times in 27,347 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

If this is true the scientific evidence should be availble. Perhaps even readily availble. And by scientific evidence i mean an actual repeatable demonstration.
    It just means you are uninformed and should not be participating in this conversation, if it is news to you that science has experimentally shown and unequivocally proven that CO2 has greenhouse gas properties. This was proven about a century ago.

Its not my job to teach and educate you about widely known and understood scientific principles of earth science and atmospheric science. Especially principles that have been known about for about a century.

16. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    It just means you are uninformed and should not be participating in this conversation, if it is news to you that science has experimentally shown and unequivocally proven that CO2 has greenhouse gas properties. This was proven about a century ago.

Its not my job to teach and educate you about widely known and understood scientific principles of earth science and atmospheric science. Especially principles that have been known about for about a century.
    I get that you have never looked into it and are willing to accept the debunked "97%" gang with eyes closed.
    But if you ever do you will find that only theory and models support this.
    There is one greenhouse gas capable of producing the greenhouse effect. Trouble is its not CO2.

17. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    I should have mentioned BP, they hire the best advertising firms in the galaxy by far
    Is there any firm more immoral domiciled in the lowest country on the planet?!?!

18. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Synth
    annoyingmouse thinks he's not blocked. lol

19. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

?
    If you truly believed or trusted science you would provide a link to the proof. There must be hundreds if not thousands of scientific articles you could cite. I'll settle for one.

20. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    annoyingmouse thinks he's not blocked. lol
    Can't blame you. You've never been able to answer any of my simple questions. Too uncomfortable to answer honestly and a dishonest answer makes you look stupid.

21. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    If you truly believed or trusted science you would provide a link to the proof. There must be hundreds if not thousands of scientific articles you could cite. I'll settle for one.
    Scientists know better than to claim proof of something which is not proven in the literal scientific sense, which is different than the common sense.

Both evolution and AGW are essentially proven.