Members banned from this thread: tinfoil, Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl, lisasanders1964 and Vasquezrocks

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: $1B Climate Change Denial Industry: Getting Rich Telling Lies, Destroying Humanity...

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    What brand of petrol do you recommend as an alternative to BP, Chevron or Exxon? I want to be environmentally conscious.
    I've already queried McSlawber about this, he refused to answer
    Synth
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

"According to a recent report by the U.S. Government Accountability Office, “Federal funding for climate change research, technology, international assistance, and adaptation has increased from $2.4 billion in 1993 to $11.6 billion in 2014, with an additional $26.1 billion for climate change programs and activities provided by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in 2009.”"

Follow the (Climate Change) Money
    Dec 18th, 2018 3 min read

The first iron rule of American politics is: Follow the money. This explains, oh, about 80 percent of what goes on in Washington.

Shortly after the latest Chicken Little climate change report was published last month, I noted on CNN that one reason so many hundreds of scientists are persuaded that the sky is falling is that they are paid handsomely to do so.

I noted that “In America and around the globe governments have created a multi-billion dollar Climate Change Industrial Complex.” And then I added: “A lot of people are getting really, really rich off of the climate change industry.” According to a recent report by the U.S. Government Accountability Office, “Federal funding for climate change research, technology, international assistance, and adaptation has increased from $2.4 billion in 1993 to $11.6 billion in 2014, with an additional $26.1 billion for climate change programs and activities provided by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in 2009.”

This doesn’t mean that the planet isn’t warming. But the tidal wave of funding does reveal a powerful financial motive for scientists to conclude that the apocalypse is upon us. No one hires a fireman if there are no fires. No one hires a climate scientist (there are thousands of them now) if there is no catastrophic change in the weather. Why doesn’t anyone in the media ever mention this?

But when I lifted this hood, it incited more hate mail than from anything I’ve said on TV or written. Could it be that this rhetorical missile hit way too close to home?

How dare I impugn the integrity of scientists and left-wing think-tanks by suggesting that their research findings are perverted by hundreds of billions of dollars of taxpayer handouts. The irony of this indignation is that any academic whose research dares question the “settled science” of the climate change complex is instantly accused of being a shill for the oil and gas industry or the Koch brothers.

Apparently, if you take money from the private sector to fund research, your work is inherently biased, but if you get multimillion-dollar grants from Uncle Sam, you are as pure as the freshly fallen snow.

How big is the Climate Change Industrial Complex today? Surprisingly, no one seems to be keeping track of all the channels of funding. A few years ago Forbes magazine went through the federal budget and estimated about $150 billion in spending on climate change and green energy subsidies during President Obama’s first term.

That didn’t include the tax subsidies that provide a 30 percent tax credit for wind and solar power — so add to those numbers about $8 billion to $10 billion a year. Then add billions more in costs attributable to the 29 states with renewable energy mandates that require utilities to buy expensive “green” energy.

Worldwide the numbers are gargantuan. Five years ago, a leftist group called the Climate Policy Initiative issued a study which found that “Global investment in climate change” reached $359 billion that year. Then to give you a sense of how money-hungry these planet-saviors are, the CPI moaned that this spending “falls far short of what’s needed” a number estimated at $5 trillion.

For $5 trillion we could feed everyone on the planet, end malaria, and provide clean water and reliable electricity to every remote village in Africa. And we would probably have enough money left over to find a cure for cancer and Alzheimer's.

The entire Apollo project to put a man on the moon cost less than $200 billion. We are spending twice that much every year on climate change.

This tsunami of government money distorts science in hidden ways that even the scientists who are corrupted often don’t appreciate. If you are a young eager-beaver researcher who decides to devote your life to the study of global warming, you’re probably not going to do your career any good or get famous by publishing research that the crisis isn’t happening.

But if you’ve built bogus models that predict the crisis is getting worse by the day, then step right up and get a multi-million dollar grant.

Now here’s the real scandal of the near trillion dollars that governments have stolen from taxpayers to fund climate change hysteria and research. By the industry’s own admission there has been almost no progress worldwide in actually combating climate change. The latest reports by the U.S. government and the United Nations say the problem is getting worse not better and we have not delayed the apocalypse by a single day.

Has there ever been such a massive government expenditure that has had such minuscule returns on investment? After three decades of “research” the only “solution” is for the world to stop using fossil fuels, which is like saying that we should stop growing food.

Really? The greatest minds of the world entrusted with hundreds of billions of dollars can only come up with a solution that would entail the largest government power grab in world history, shutting down industrial production (just look at the catastrophe in Germany when they went all in for green energy), and throwing perhaps billions of human beings into poverty? If that’s the remedy, I will take my chances on a warming planet.

President Trump should tell these “scientists” that “you’re fired.” And we taxpayers should demand our money back.
    https://www.heritage.org/environment...e-change-money
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-21-2019)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Grokmaster,

Climate Change is real.

It is human caused.

We have to change our ways.

Give it up already.

For the sake of our children and grandchildren...
    Hoax
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The untold other parallel story to this is the age of the 6th major extinction, the Anthropogenic Extinction Event.

Now showing on a planet under you.

And a first.

This is the first time a mass extinction has been caused by one species.

It's gonna be a very different world without elephants or bees.

Sad to see corral go, too.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Stretch,

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Hoax
    Cling to that.

Milk it for all it's worth.

The Climate Denial Industry sure does.

8. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Lies
    pain in abortion.

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Stretch,

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Lies
    You're doing a good job of repeating what the Denial Industry wants you to say.

11. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Alchemy
    pain in abortion.

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Makes ya wonder how these people sleep at night.

Why don't they care about their children and grandchildren?

Why don't they care about humanity.

BASIC wisdom:

If there is a chance that you will face a destruction, it is best to prepare for it.

Even if it is not a certainty that it will occur.

The wisdom goes like this.

Prepare for the worst; Hope for the best.

Denial is foolish.

14. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Most deniers have guns.

Ask them why.

They are preparing for the worst possibility, that they will be attacked by some stranger meaning to do them harm.

They hope they never have to use them.

Most gun owners never have to use their guns to defend themselves.

They are preparing for the worst, hoping for the best.

16. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

17. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Synth
    I use that for engine lubrication but I didn't know it could be used for combustion. Who is the manufacturer and distributor? I don't think it's available where I live.

18. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

It would be easier to accept AGW if there were any documented scientific proof that CO2 were capable of whats claimed of it.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

anonymoose (06-20-2019)

20. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We can keep doing that. Just run em on biofuel.
    Why?
    The simple proposal that biofuel is carbon-neutral almost by definition, has been superseded by the more nuanced proposal that for a particular biofuel project to be carbon neutral, the total carbon sequestered by the energy crop's root system must compensate for all the above-ground emissions (related to this particular biofuel project). This includes any emissions caused by direct or indirect land use change. Many first generation biofuel projects are not carbon neutral given these demands. Some have even higher total GHG emissions than some fossil based alternatives.[6][7][8]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biofuel
    Last edited by anonymoose; 06-20-2019 at 02:02 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

22. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    What brand of petrol do you recommend as an alternative to BP, Chevron or Exxon? I want to be environmentally conscious.
    I've already queried McSlawber about this, he refused to answer
    probably refused to answer your question because it's moronic, posed by a moron

...the same reason I would need to drive a car to work, no alternate means of transportation available

...the same reason I must use PGE natural gas and electric, and a local ATT land line into my house, no alternatives

try asking questions that actually make sense

23. The Following User Groans At reagansghost For This Awful Post:

24. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

There is no deadline.
    That's a relief. Can you tell your friends on the left to stop brainwashing kids into believing the End of Times comes in 12 yrs.? That's child abuse and I plan on reporting them to social services.

The sooner the better, the longer we wait the more extreme the devastation.
    I know. Wait long enough and the sun enters the red giant phase. We need to take action now before it's too late.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-21-2019), gfm7175 (06-21-2019)