Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 121 to 133 of 133

Thread: U.S. says mines used in tanker attacks bear "striking resemblance" to Iran's

  1. #121 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    21,099
    Thanks
    4,931
    Thanked 12,160 Times in 8,488 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 323 Times in 312 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Why don't you learn us.
    What would anyone like to know? The biggest thing here is the attachment of limpets. They are just not magnetically attached. They have suction cup types, adhesives, self nailers, hell, even velcro. Quite a few of them are made to be taken off and re-used quickly. Arming and disarming is not a big deal depending on the application and trigger mechanism. As far as the rest of the thread, it is all political Cap as expected. But the operation of these devices is being misrepresented.
    Consider the Oyster.

    C-4 is just angry playdoh.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sailor For This Post:

    Earl (06-20-2019), Havana Moon (06-20-2019)

  3. #122 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vinland
    Posts
    36,722
    Thanks
    38,023
    Thanked 9,812 Times in 7,516 Posts
    Groans
    9,811
    Groaned 5,569 Times in 4,994 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    What would anyone like to know? The biggest thing here is the attachment of limpets. They are just not magnetically attached. They have suction cup types, adhesives, self nailers, hell, even velcro. Quite a few of them are made to be taken off and re-used quickly. Arming and disarming is not a big deal depending on the application and trigger mechanism. As far as the rest of the thread, it is all political Cap as expected. But the operation of these devices is being misrepresented.
    For a false flag operation like this one, placement is unimportant.
    The retards have their red meat and are seeing blood in their eyes.
    If the attack was Real the mines would be underwater where the effects would have been more severe.

    Again, we are going to bomb a sovereign nation back to the Stone age.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

  4. #123 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    21,099
    Thanks
    4,931
    Thanked 12,160 Times in 8,488 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 323 Times in 312 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    For a false flag operation like this one, placement is unimportant.
    The retards have their red meat and are seeing blood in their eyes.
    If the attack was Real the mines would be underwater where the effects would have been more severe.

    Again, we are going to bomb a sovereign nation back to the Stone age.
    That is completely accurate. It is the weight of the water above the hole that fills the vessel. It would be damn near impossible though to place a limpet mine underwater on a moving vessel by a diver anyway. Those are normally placed on a vessel when in port or at anchor.
    Consider the Oyster.

    C-4 is just angry playdoh.

  5. #124 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vinland
    Posts
    36,722
    Thanks
    38,023
    Thanked 9,812 Times in 7,516 Posts
    Groans
    9,811
    Groaned 5,569 Times in 4,994 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    That is completely accurate. It is the weight of the water above the hole that fills the vessel. It would be damn near impossible though to place a limpet mine underwater on a moving vessel by a diver anyway. Those are normally placed on a vessel when in port or at anchor.
    Both ships had been in port 2 days previous. Mines have timers.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

  6. #125 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    21,099
    Thanks
    4,931
    Thanked 12,160 Times in 8,488 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 323 Times in 312 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Both ships had been in port 2 days previous. Mines have timers.
    They were. They do. Again, I was just referencing misconceptions about limpet mines on the thread. To me politically on this, it will be interesting to see if the UN steps up first and confirms the manufacture of those mines.
    Consider the Oyster.

    C-4 is just angry playdoh.

  7. #126 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    19,539
    Thanks
    2,926
    Thanked 3,136 Times in 2,514 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,430 Times in 2,337 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    dukkha;
    U.S. says mines used in tanker attacks bear "striking resemblance" to Iran's
    The Houthis make naval mines which include Iranian components. Those components are widely available. There is NO WAY that there could ever be evidence against Iran based upon mine fragments.


    Yemen Houthis mass-produced mines and IEDs using Iranian components, CAR report finds

    A new report by Conflict Armament Research has found that Yemen’s Houthi rebels have standardized and mass-produced improvised explosive devices with components, some of which originate in Iran.

    Evidence collected by the research organization suggests that the use of landmines and IEDs is widespread and has increased as Houthi forces retreat from coalition advances, and that Houthi forces used significant quantities of improvised mines, supplemented by a much smaller number of conventionally manufactured mines that likely originate from Yemeni army stockpiles.

    It also documents an improvised naval mine and a MANPADS gripstock.

    https://thedefensepost.com/2018/09/2...onents-report/
    Prosemitism is racist.

  8. #127 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    11,302
    Thanks
    19,260
    Thanked 5,103 Times in 4,020 Posts
    Groans
    9,857
    Groaned 706 Times in 663 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    The Navy has video of them removing their own unexploded bombs to conceal the evidence. How would they know that the bombs were there if they didn’t put them there?

    You will believe the state sponsors of terrorism, Iran, not the US Navy, as all America haters do,

  9. #128 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    17,626
    Thanks
    8,316
    Thanked 4,973 Times in 3,900 Posts
    Groans
    288
    Groaned 706 Times in 656 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    That's it exactly.
    Bear in mind that both Russia and China have condemned US aggression in the Gulf. Izrael and Saudi Arabia LOST the war in Syria. This does not bode well for any planned attack on Iran .
    Turkish opposition to US aggression is also a factor to consider- and the Iraqis do not want another conflict on their borders- particularly Izraelis and their US proxies attacking more Muslims.

    Fuck Izrael. Let Izrael's pseudo-Jews fight their own territorial battles. Cowardly civilian-killing bastards.
    I agree that the Saudis are the Losers in both Iraq and Syria. And that the Saudis aren't doing too well with Yemen, that has no Air Force or Navy. The Saudis only hope is to use America's Military to fight their fight for them. Hopefully, Americans won't be overjoyed at the prospect of supporting the Killer of Khashoggi, the Reporter for the Washington Post.

    "Jamal Khashoggi: UN finds 'credible evidence' linking Saudi crown prince to murder"
    https://www.dw.com/en/jamal-khashogg...der/a-49258650

  10. #129 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    19,539
    Thanks
    2,926
    Thanked 3,136 Times in 2,514 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,430 Times in 2,337 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I agree that the Saudis are the Losers in both Iraq and Syria. And that the Saudis aren't doing too well with Yemen, that has no Air Force or Navy. The Saudis only hope is to use America's Military to fight their fight for them. Hopefully, Americans won't be overjoyed at the prospect of supporting the Killer of Khashoggi, the Reporter for the Washington Post.

    "Jamal Khashoggi: UN finds 'credible evidence' linking Saudi crown prince to murder"
    https://www.dw.com/en/jamal-khashogg...der/a-49258650
    It's up to the US media to tell Americans the truth. Let me know if you see any.
    Prosemitism is racist.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

    Rune (06-21-2019)

  12. #130 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    17,626
    Thanks
    8,316
    Thanked 4,973 Times in 3,900 Posts
    Groans
    288
    Groaned 706 Times in 656 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    It's up to the US media to tell Americans the truth. Let me know if you see any.
    I think most Americans know the truth, or at least those not glued to Fox News. It wasn't Iranians that knocked 2 Buildings down on 9/11 and killed 3,000 people. (about the same number that died at Pearl Harbor)

  13. #131 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    119,926
    Thanks
    33,358
    Thanked 19,351 Times in 15,057 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 15,803 Times in 14,644 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    right before we went into Iraq and bombed them with "shock and Awe" around 70 percent of Americans thought Sadam was involved with 911



    because the republican party wanted people to think that

  14. #132 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    119,926
    Thanks
    33,358
    Thanked 19,351 Times in 15,057 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 15,803 Times in 14,644 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    and here we go again


    Iran isn't a good guy


    but there is no doubt the trump admin will lie to get the results they want


    Its what republicans do

  15. #133 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    25,744
    Thanks
    9,971
    Thanked 12,958 Times in 6,582 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,012 Times in 933 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    considering Libya the Dems aren't all that great either

    But I doubt there is an "investigation" this is a pretty tight set of facts and logistic that lead to what is
    obviously Iran at work.

    The real question is what do we do about it without getting into a war.
    The only thing I can see is more "maximum pressure"...but with all that armature there..it's dicey.

    On the other hand Iran cannot be allowed to harass and scuttle free shipping.

    The UN would be helpful here,
    but since we have 100% alienated Russia no way will they allow anything without their veto
    I have to see evidence from reputable independent investigations (aka, not Trump, and not his administration) which supports your claim that Iran is purposefully "harassing and scuttling free shipping." I am under no illusions that Iran is a saintly actor on the world stage, but Trump admininstration has violated a working international nuclear agreement and has been warmongering, exaggerating, and lying about Iran since day one.

    What I am not going to do is to accept the word of NeoCons like Trump, Bolton, Pompeo, You, or Trump's lackeys at the Pentagon

    Bush Considered Flying US Spy Planes Painted With UN Colors Over Iraq In 2003 to Provoke War

    https://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/27/w...memo-says.html

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-19-2019, 08:31 AM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-19-2019, 06:50 AM
  3. Replies: 232
    Last Post: 06-17-2019, 04:36 PM
  4. Middle East analysts see Iran’s fingerprints on tanker attacks
    By volsrock in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-15-2019, 11:42 AM
  5. U.S. blames Iran for tanker attacks in Gulf of Oman
    By Earl in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-13-2019, 05:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •