Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: Pelosi rules out a censure of Trump: 'If the goods are there, you must impeach'

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    16,676
    Thanks
    2,576
    Thanked 9,346 Times in 5,904 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,297 Times in 2,070 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Pelosi rules out a censure of Trump: 'If the goods are there, you must impeach'

    Source: Washington Post


    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Wednesday ruled out a congressional censure of President Trump, a move some lawmakers have suggested as a less divisive alternative to launching impeachment proceedings.

    “No. I think censure is just a way out,” Pelosi told reporters. “If you’re going to go, you’ve got to go. In other words, if the goods are there, you must impeach, and censure is nice, but it is not commensurate with the violations of the Constitution, should we decide that’s the way to go.”

    She added that a censure of Trump would be “a day at the beach for the president, or at his golf club, or wherever he goes.”

    Pelosi, speaking at a breakfast hosted by the Christian Science Monitor, continued to counsel a deliberate approach to building a case that Trump attempted to obstruct the investigation of Robert S. Mueller III into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. She has been resisting calls from 70 House members — all Democrats but one — to launch impeachment proceedings.


    https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...f6a_story.html


    ....there's already EVIDENCE OUT THE ASS Trump is at the very least obstructing justice - since DAY ONE

    c'mon Nancy, let's get this rolling, der fuhrer is out-of-control and has been for at least 3 years

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    72,266
    Thanks
    85,427
    Thanked 15,899 Times in 13,381 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,884 Times in 2,626 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    ....there's already EVIDENCE OUT THE ASS Trump is at the very least obstructing justice - since DAY ONE

    c'mon Nancy, let's get this rolling, der fuhrer is out-of-control and has been for at least 3 years
    NO ONE got fired. NO ONE destroyed evidence. NO ONE refused to cooperate. NO ONE shut down the investigation NO ONE chose not to release the entire report. NO ONE exercised executive privilege.

    Mueller Report; Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.

    Barr: Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense.
    Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.


    Eric Holder: “I’m still enjoying what I’m doing, there’s still work to be done,” I’m still the President’s wing-man, so I’m there with my boy.”

  3. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    10,533
    Thanks
    1,154
    Thanked 3,287 Times in 2,535 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 248 Times in 235 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    She doesnt want to DO anything because it would fail.
    Innuendo does not require proof.
    ERIC CIARAMELLA whose name may not be spoken

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

    Truth Detector (06-19-2019)

  5. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    31,830
    Thanks
    396
    Thanked 2,320 Times in 1,730 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 208 Times in 189 Posts

    Default

    she knows the dems are actually living in a fragile bubble of self delusion that a bold move would pop.
    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --AssHatZombie

    "Men think in herds, go mad in herds, but recover their senses one by one." -- Charles Mackay

    "AssHat rocks and is fun to have around." -- Damocles

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AssHatZombie For This Post:

    Darth Omar (06-19-2019), dukkha (06-19-2019), Sailor (06-20-2019), Truth Detector (06-19-2019)

  7. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    16,676
    Thanks
    2,576
    Thanked 9,346 Times in 5,904 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,297 Times in 2,070 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    She doesnt want to DO anything because it would fail.
    Innuendo does not require proof.
    fail how?

  8. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    5,580
    Thanks
    2,009
    Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,552 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 398 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    Pelosi has no trouble kicking Prog ass, does she?

  9. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    10,533
    Thanks
    1,154
    Thanked 3,287 Times in 2,535 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 248 Times in 235 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    fail how?
    She hasnt the votes to impeach and even if she got them the Senate would clear him. A congressional censure is meaningless as has been shown when used.
    ERIC CIARAMELLA whose name may not be spoken

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

    MASON (06-19-2019), Truth Detector (06-19-2019)

  11. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    123,487
    Thanks
    34,794
    Thanked 20,177 Times in 15,716 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 16,848 Times in 15,609 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Source: Washington Post


    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Wednesday ruled out a congressional censure of President Trump, a move some lawmakers have suggested as a less divisive alternative to launching impeachment proceedings.

    “No. I think censure is just a way out,” Pelosi told reporters. “If you’re going to go, you’ve got to go. In other words, if the goods are there, you must impeach, and censure is nice, but it is not commensurate with the violations of the Constitution, should we decide that’s the way to go.”

    She added that a censure of Trump would be “a day at the beach for the president, or at his golf club, or wherever he goes.”

    Pelosi, speaking at a breakfast hosted by the Christian Science Monitor, continued to counsel a deliberate approach to building a case that Trump attempted to obstruct the investigation of Robert S. Mueller III into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. She has been resisting calls from 70 House members — all Democrats but one — to launch impeachment proceedings.


    https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...f6a_story.html


    ....there's already EVIDENCE OUT THE ASS Trump is at the very least obstructing justice - since DAY ONE

    c'mon Nancy, let's get this rolling, der fuhrer is out-of-control and has been for at least 3 years
    she is building the case


    the American people are moving towards impeachment


    10 points in ONE MONTH


    realize what she is doing

  12. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    123,487
    Thanks
    34,794
    Thanked 20,177 Times in 15,716 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 16,848 Times in 15,609 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

  13. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    16,676
    Thanks
    2,576
    Thanked 9,346 Times in 5,904 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,297 Times in 2,070 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    She hasnt the votes to impeach
    she could put it up for a vote...

    a. a majority would support the motion though on paper they're opposed, no votes have actually been cast - they'd follow the leader on this one
    b. even an impeachment attempt would bolster Democratic chances next Fall, 48% of the voters are currently opposed, and those numbers would drop like a stone if she pulled the trigger

    big mistake not to impeach..........a solid 55-60% of the voters already detest the criminal in the WH

  14. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    12,988
    Thanks
    23,026
    Thanked 6,107 Times in 4,768 Posts
    Groans
    11,873
    Groaned 763 Times in 718 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Mueller Report; Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.

    Barr: Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense.
    Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

    Truth Detector (06-19-2019)

  16. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    24,556
    Thanks
    7,820
    Thanked 13,963 Times in 9,767 Posts
    Groans
    173
    Groaned 1,221 Times in 1,156 Posts

    Default

    DO IT.. STFU about it, and just do it already

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

    PostmodernProphet (06-20-2019), Truth Detector (06-19-2019)

  18. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    31,830
    Thanks
    396
    Thanked 2,320 Times in 1,730 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 208 Times in 189 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    she is building the case


    the American people are moving towards impeachment


    10 points in ONE MONTH


    realize what she is doing
    she's being a cowardly and fearful idiot hag.
    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --AssHatZombie

    "Men think in herds, go mad in herds, but recover their senses one by one." -- Charles Mackay

    "AssHat rocks and is fun to have around." -- Damocles

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to AssHatZombie For This Post:

    Truth Detector (06-19-2019)

  20. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    123,487
    Thanks
    34,794
    Thanked 20,177 Times in 15,716 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 16,848 Times in 15,609 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

  21. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    123,487
    Thanks
    34,794
    Thanked 20,177 Times in 15,716 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 16,848 Times in 15,609 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-02-2019, 02:51 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2019, 12:11 PM
  3. Pelosi cuts deal with Problem Solvers on House rules overhaul
    By Bourbon in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-28-2018, 12:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-17-2018, 09:10 PM
  5. Russian Lawmaker Claims Kremlin Has the Goods on Trump
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-06-2017, 11:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •