Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Dems taunt Trump with threats of prison time

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,001 Times in 14,505 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    He is very short on facts, long on rhetoric.
    Yep. The newb's prose is solid, but the righty delusional claims are still hidden within.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    If you are not stupid, you are delusional.
    Whichever ... I am clearly your better. I won't be drawn down to your level, so save youself the embarrassment of trying to bait me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliticallyMotivated For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (06-22-2019)

4. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    You do realize that trump has stacked every agency you reference with unconfirmed appointees?
    I'm aware that Trump "stacked" the SCOTUS with 2 appointees who've sided with the liberal minority on numerous occasions. I'm also aware that Henry Kerner, who Trump appointed as director of the Office of Special Counsel just alleged Kellyanne Conway violated the hatch act. Democratic FEC chairwoman Ellen Weintraub, formerly employed by Perkins Coie << how ironic is that!? >> "Blasted Trump's remarks on accepting foreign dirt". Since becoming FEC chairwoman in 2017, Ms Weintraub has initiated more than a dozen investigations targeting president Trump's 2016 campaign. Do you have any other strawmen I can dismantle for you?

5. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliticallyMotivated View Post
    I'm aware that Trump "stacked" the SCOTUS with 2 appointees who've sided with the liberal minority on numerous occasions. I'm also aware that Henry Kerner, who Trump appointed as director of the Office of Special Counsel just alleged Kellyanne Conway violated the hatch act. Democratic FEC chairwoman Ellen Weintraub, formerly employed by Perkins Coie << how ironic is that!? >> "Blasted Trump's remarks on accepting foreign dirt". Since becoming FEC chairwoman in 2017, Ms Weintraub has initiated more than a dozen investigations targeting president Trump's 2016 campaign. Do you have any other strawmen I can dismantle for you?
    LMAO. Nice try. Some of his lackeys paying lip service, to no avail, is what you call 'dismantling'?

Give us a list of all S.C decisions since McConnell rammed through trump's appointees.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LMAO. Nice try. Some of his lackeys paying lip service, to no avail, is what you call 'dismantling'?
    Give us a list of all S.C decisions since McConnell rammed through trump's appointees.
    So you'd like to use my SCOTUS examples as your strawman? I think not. The SCOTUS isn't involved in Weintraub's personal crusade to destroy Donald Trump. Weintraub's law firm, Perkins Coie, was the means by which Clinton, the DNC, and Obama laundered payments to Fusion GPS. Now Weintraub not only has the audicity to claim foreign oppo research is illegal, but has launched a brand new investigation into the Trump tower meeting, to compliment the dozen already underway. Given Weintraub's "familiarity" with violating FEC regs on foreign contributions, and exactly how a campaign might conceal them, it's highly unlikely Weintraub's overlooked anything. These "investigations" are a means of harassment, and Dem bureacrats are posturing, pandering and fundraising by promoting conspiracy theories.

7. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So you'd like to use my SCOTUS examples as your strawman?
    Strawman? So you lied about the Conservative SC siding with Liberal justices? I thought so.

8. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Strawman? So you lied about the Conservative SC siding with Liberal justices? I thought so.
    Certainly I did not lie, but I won't be led down a rabbit hole. Now if you'd like me to return the favor of calling you a liar ... deny that Gorsuch and Kavanaugh haven't sided with the liberal minority on multiple occasions and I will grant your wish. I'd obviously prefer to delve into the FEC investigations that you claim were being manipulated somehow by Trump's appointee. Clearly the FEC is "stacked" ... against Donald Trump, which directly contradicts what you stated earlier. I'll leave the choice to you. Double down on the "stacked" FEC assertion, or dodge a few citations on SCOTUS decisions ... I can accommodate you either way.

9. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Whichever ... I am clearly your better. I won't be drawn down to your level, so save youself the embarrassment of trying to bait me.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

10. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Certainly I did not lie, but I won't be led down a rabbit hole. Now if you'd like me to return the favor of calling you a liar ... deny that Gorsuch and Kavanaugh haven't sided with the liberal minority on multiple occasions and I will grant your wish. I'd obviously prefer to delve into the FEC investigations that you claim were being manipulated somehow by Trump's appointee. Clearly the FEC is "stacked" ... against Donald Trump, which directly contradicts what you stated earlier. I'll leave the choice to you. Double down on the "stacked" FEC assertion, or dodge a few citations on SCOTUS decisions ... I can accommodate you either way.
    Every govt. agency is run by unconfirmed 'acting' heads. The FEC is impotent to take any action against trump. You cherry pick one agency that paid lip service to the campaign, while being as impotent as trump is in the long run.
    https://www.salon.com/2019/06/17/fec...sides_partner/

The FEC’s lack of action is not surprising — and it is unlikely that the agency will punish the Trump campaign in a meaningful way in this case. Why? Because its commissioners are split along party lines, and it is doubtful that the GOP appointees will ever vote to seriously sanction Trump or take any meaningful action to regulate the campaign finance system.
    In a 2016 interview with WhoWhatWhy, then-commissioner Ann Ravel, who was a Democratic appointee, blasted her own agency and its dysfunction. Not much has changed since then.
    And we can expect the campaign to once again concentrate on shoveling contributions into Trump’s pockets.
    A new report shows that the campaign is paying nearly $40,000 per month for space in Trump Tower — even though a new office in Virginia has lots of unused space and its rent is much lower.
    An analysis of campaign finance records shows that the president’s campaign has spent $1.3 million at Trump’s own businesses through 2018. So even if the FEC were to levy a small fine, it would still be a pittance compared to what Trump is raking in.

You aren't even trying, newb.

I'm leaving for the weekend. Not going to be online. Spend the time brushing up on your facts. I'm sure Rune can help you in my absence.

11. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

You've got to watch out for Rune; because he's let everyone know, that he's a...

FUCKING VIKING, DAMNIT.

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

12. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Every govt. agency is run by unconfirmed 'acting' heads. The FEC is impotent to take any action against trump. You cherry pick one agency that paid lip service to the campaign, while being as impotent as trump is in the long run. https://www.salon.com/2019/06/17/fec...sides_partner/ You aren't even trying, newb. I'm leaving for the weekend. Not going to be online. Spend the time brushing up on your facts. I'm sure Rune can help you in my absence.
    The FEC can initiate criminal prosecutions by referring the crime and submitting it's evidence to prosecutors. Fines are the FEC norm, Obama $375K, 2008 for example. No fines have been imposed, or criminal referrals submitted in relation to 2016. Your claims are ... disingenuous ... to put it politely. In 2011 John Edwards was indicted for FEC violations, and 4 counts of the indictment were charges of lying to FEC investigators. I don't have to "try" very hard at all.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliticallyMotivated For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (06-23-2019)

14. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The FEC can initiate criminal prosecutions by referring the crime and submitting it's evidence to prosecutors. Fines are the FEC norm, Obama $375K, 2008 for example. No fines have been imposed, or criminal referrals submitted in relation to 2016. Your claims are ... disingenuous ... to put it politely. In 2011 John Edwards was indicted for FEC violations, and 4 counts of the indictment were charges of lying to FEC investigators. I don't have to "try" very hard at all.
    Poor, poor newb. Now you're just confused. FEC is stacked for trump. Thanks for clearing that up.

15. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Poor, poor newb. Now you're just confused. FEC is stacked for trump. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Yes sure it is. Tell me all about Ms Weintraub's unwaivering support for Trump. Weintraub as I mentioned, formerly employed by Perkins Coie, cleared Hillary for funding foreign oppo research. Weintraub just publicly warned Trump that under NO circumstances was it legal to "solicit, accept or receive" foreign oppo research. Your claim couldn't be more ridiculous. Weintraub also writes OP-EDs for WaPo and the NY Times. She was very much opposed Citizens United. Weintraub only applies her lofty standards to conservatives. Typical of any sleazy DNC lawyer. Let's not forget John Edwards who Weintraub had indicted, though he was later acquitted, and the FEC charges were dropped. Your claims of pro Trump bias are ridiculous, and Weintraub has been with the FEC since 2002. She's not "acting" chair, and she doesn't owe Trump anything.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliticallyMotivated For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (06-23-2019)

17. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes sure it is. Tell me all about Ms Weintraub's unwaivering support for Trump. Weintraub as I mentioned, formerly employed by Perkins Coie, cleared Hillary for funding foreign oppo research. Weintraub just publicly warned Trump that under NO circumstances was it legal to "solicit, accept or receive" foreign oppo research. Your claim couldn't be more ridiculous. Weintraub also writes OP-EDs for WaPo and the NY Times. She was very much opposed Citizens United. Weintraub only applies her lofty standards to conservatives. Typical of any sleazy DNC lawyer. Let's not forget John Edwards who Weintraub had indicted, though he was later acquitted, and the FEC charges were dropped. Your claims of pro Trump bias are ridiculous, and Weintraub has been with the FEC since 2002. She's not "acting" chair, and she doesn't owe Trump anything.
    Newbie unforced error. You got in over your head, and now you're simply spamming the page.

Best if you try another discussion

18. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Newbie unforced error. You got in over your head, and now you're simply spamming the page.
    Best if you try another discussion
    I don't really "do" ultimatums ... sorry. For the benefit of anyone who's perhaps foolish enough to believe Weintraub isn't behind many of the phony Trump investigations. Contrary to the fairytales you're trying to sell ... I found this trove of factual information. https://www.fec.gov/about/leadership...n-l-weintraub/ Another bit of irony is that Weintraub's .gov webpage promo's her WaPo, NYT, CNN, MSNBC contributions. And looking at it, most of that material looks to be prohibited by the Hatch Act. Now if you'd like to move onto another "acting" appointee who has declined to take legal action against Trump, I'll understand. Weintraub's been a trainwreck for you.