Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another positive

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,676 Times in 27,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I want to know more about it before I agree. Will these hunters and fishermen have to buy special permits, and will that money be used to manage the resources? Who is going to oversee the hunting and fishing to make sure that ppl are not taking more than what is permitted? Who's going to pay for those doing the oversight? Is this going to require that roads be built to allow access? If so, how what impact will that have on the area being considered? Will this activity make it unsafe for non-hunters/fishermen to visit these treasures?

The whole idea of a "wildlife refuge" is a large area set aside for -- wait for it -- wildlife. Unless strict rules are in place -- and ENFORCED -- there goes the wildlife. Alaska has a lot of experience with poaching and encroaching on its federally-managed lands. They also have stiff penalties for those who violate the regulations. Will the proposed hunting/fishing on these refuges be similarly regulated and will there be severe penalties for violations?
    A guy who supports his sons gunning down leopards, murdering elephants, and shooting up giraffes is not a guy I trust to be a genuine advocate for wildlife conservation.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-18-2019), domer76 (06-18-2019), ThatOwlWoman (06-18-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    I always look for positive things (at least in my eyes) administrations get behind. This might seem like a very small thing to most here but it is a very important thing to me. Without public land or land open to the public hunting and fishing is reserved for the aristocrats ... just the wealthy. I pray that it is never this way in this country.

This is something Trump supports that I’m happy about...

“President Trump opens 1.4 million acres up to hunters and fishermen...”

https://newsradiowrva.radio.com/blog...-and-fishermen
    I doubt you have ever gone out of your way to make a pointed criticism of President Pussy Grabber. I would bet the odds are close to 100 percent that almost everything you post provides cover for Trump, or defends and supports him.

4. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-19-2019)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I doubt you have ever gone out of your way to make a pointed criticism of President Pussy Grabber. I would bet the odds are close to 100 percent that almost everything you post provides cover for Trump, or defends and supports him.
    What exactly does any of that have to do with what the OP is about?

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    I don't believe a single word Trump says
    The landmark Endangered Species Act is under relentless assault by Republicans.

The Trump family believes in murdering elephants and leopards.

Anyone attempting to make the claim that Republicans are better for wildlife conservation are the exact same people that attempted to claim Donald Trump was the flower-child peacenik candidate in the face of war-monger Clinton -- aka, such claims can only be made by the utterly deluded or the profoundly dishonest.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-18-2019), ThatOwlWoman (06-18-2019)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

President Pussy Grabber..
    Didn't get the joke lol?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Sailor (06-18-2019)

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,386 Times in 53,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

A guy who supports his sons gunning down leopards, murdering elephants, and shooting up giraffes is not a guy I trust to be a genuine advocate for wildlife conservation.
    I know, right? Anyone who thinks that all "sportsmen" can be trusted to follow the game regulations has never watched one of those game warden shows on cable. You know for every person they bust taking game or fish illegally, there are several more who got away with it. The majority are honest. As always, it's the assholes who ruin it for everyone.

Maybe this proposal might turn out to be okay. I want to see the actual thing and what changes, and which refuges as well, before making up my mind.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (06-18-2019)

12. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Absolutely nothing. Cypress is just a b*tch. This board is over 95% name calling and trolling (which obviously I just did as well). You know the one person who doesn't engage in either? Leaningright.

And to your point LR specifically said he supports this legislation because he likes to hunt and fish. It's an issue he's passionate about. If someone wants to disagree with the legislation that is 100% alright. But Cypress is choosing to attack him personally and we know why.
    Last edited by cawacko; 06-18-2019 at 06:55 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-19-2019), Sailor (06-19-2019)

14. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I know, right? Anyone who thinks that all "sportsmen" can be trusted to follow the game regulations has never watched one of those game warden shows on cable. ....
    Wow. When you get form your opinions of a diverse group pf people based on what you see on TV...

15. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    LR specifically said he supports this legislation because he likes to hunt and fish.
    Yeah but that makes him a sportsman, and that TV show proves that those people cheat, trash the environment and kill animals just for fun...

16. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I know, right? Anyone who thinks that all "sportsmen" can be trusted to follow the game regulations has never watched one of those game warden shows on cable. You know for every person they bust taking game or fish illegally, there are several more who got away with it. The majority are honest. As always, it's the assholes who ruin it for everyone.

Maybe this proposal might turn out to be okay. I want to see the actual thing and what changes, and which refuges as well, before making up my mind.
    The Devil is always in the fine print.

Anyone can propose a law that sounds good from the title - "No Child Left Behind".

I actually think game hunting is a valuable asset to wildlife management. I would rather have duck habitat preserved for hunting, than residential developments and parking lots being paved over our wetlands.

The downside is that game management is not neccessarily the same as wildlife management. I really do not think hunters had a lot to do with preserving the North American wolf, the bison, the spotted owl, or the California condor. Ducks, geese, and pheasant are not apex predator species. And it is the apex predators that really are a barometer of the health of an ecosystem.

I have no problem with game management and hunting. But I believe that is only a partial solution to maintaining and preserving ecosystems and sensitive wildlife.

17. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    A statement of fact that posters like the OP aren't innocently "looking" for positive things from Trump, Obama, or Bill Clinton. They will support, defend, and provide cover for virtually everything Trump does.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Another positive
    I always look for positive things (at least in my eyes) administrations get behind.

18. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Wow. When you get form your opinions of a diverse group pf people based on what you see on TV...
    I am a fisherperson; my late husband was as well as being a hunter. Over the years I've seen all kinds of abuses. And because ppl talk, heard of many more. Maybe you should come out of your cardboard box and get out in the woods. Oh yeah. You can't. Bears will eat you.

19. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,839 Times in 14,181 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    I agree, based on his track record, you got to be suspicious, watch, along with the declaration there will be some hidden loophole that in two years the same land can be open for private development

And you got to laugh thinking that Trump, born in raise in NYC, gives a rat's ass about hunting and fishing, the only time he possibly did either was the last time he mistakenly stepped into a grocery store
    he is throwing a sop to the rubes
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Absolutely nothing. Cypress is just a b*tch. This board is over 95% name calling and trolling (which obviously I just did as well). You know the one person who doesn't engage in either? Leaningright.

And to your point LR specifically said he supports this legislation because he likes to hunt and fish. It's an issue he's passionate about. If someone wants to disagree with the legislation that is 100% alright. But Cypress is choosing to attack him personally and we know why.
    You don't know jack shit, stalker.

I am allowed to defend myself and to reciprocate towards those who were hostile to me in the first place, like the OP was.

21. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-19-2019)

22. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Devil is always in the fine print.

Anyone can propose a law that sounds good from the title - "No Child Left Behind".

I actually think game hunting is a valuable asset to wildlife management. I would rather have duck habitat preserved for hunting, than residential developments and parking lots being paved over our wetlands.

The downside is that game management is not neccessarily the same as wildlife management. I really do not think hunters had a lot to do with preserving the North American wolf, the bison, the spotted owl, or the California condor. Ducks, geese, and pheasant are not apex predator species. And it is the apex predators that really are a barometer of the health of an ecosystem.

I have no problem with game management and hunting. But I believe that is only a partial solution to maintaining and preserving ecosystems and sensitive wildlife.
    One problem with hunters is that they want to manage an ecosystem for their benefit, not necessarily that of the creatures who live there. That usually means getting rid of the apex predators who they believe compete for the same game. The result is an imbalanced system that in many cases requires hunting in order to keep populations healthy and in check. Have you read about the changes in Yellowstone following the reintroduction of wolves to the ecosystem there? It's incredible.

https://earthjustice.org/blog/2015-j...-national-park

I agree with you.... Ducks Unlimited is one hunting group that has done amazing things for our wetlands preservation. There are plenty of others as well.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (06-18-2019), domer76 (06-18-2019), Guno צְבִי (06-18-2019)