Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The best part of the ignore feature

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

it's a very nice feature. What sr doesn't realize is people are going to naturally ignore who they don't want to listen to anyway. I almost never read desh posts anymore. Ignore feature should be an individual choice.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

gosh you guys....am i the only one that is good at this ''guessing'' game?

klaatu means topspin and alex....

i think?

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toby2
    Maybe so Dam, but it is not all that hard to scroll on past that post is it? And well, how often is it that happens? If you note most who want an ignore feature want to exclude those who disagree with them. I don't mind those who ignore me, they can't make a logically arguement anyway. So I have lost nothing.
    I note nothing of the sort. Most who want an ignore feature want to exclude those who only insult without points to be made. They scroll past the quotes, much like they would purposely ignore hearing the person they are avoiding at a party...

I haven't said you lost anything. If you notice you are still talking and you are still being heard regardless of such a feature. You can ease your fear, I won't ignore you....
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by klaatu
    Why do I always feel like Im defending Toby? He is absolutely right... if you dont want to read someones posts.. just scroll by.. what is so hard about that? There a couple of people whom I consider trolls that most others wouldnt ... they add absolutely ziltch .., they dont have the ability to form more than 2 or 3 sentences ... yet some people regard them as heroes! As much as they annoy me.. I wouldnt use the ignore button.
    Most wouldn't, but for those who want to it's there. Why should it be such a big deal... It hasn't effected you, has it?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toby2
    I don't mind having an ignore button. I was just pointing out that it is silly to use it. Why come to a discussion board and ignore a poster? If you don't won't to hear opposing views there are plenty of blogs to go to that you won't hear anything you don't like.
    Speaking for someone using it, I can tell you why. To avoid communicating with people you just don't wish to deal with anymore. I'm sure you have some people who just want to post to antagonize you, I've seen them post. I am sure you get tired of reading it, and would just like to tune it out. The ignore option allows you to do this, so that your thread conversation is cleaner.

I commend Damo on this feature, and it's indeed the reason I am HERE and not THERE.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Speaking for someone using it, I can tell you why. To avoid communicating with people you just don't wish to deal with anymore. I'm sure you have some people who just want to post to antagonize you, I've seen them post. I am sure you get tired of reading it, and would just like to tune it out. The ignore option allows you to do this, so that your thread conversation is cleaner.

I commend Damo on this feature, and it's indeed the reason I am HERE and not THERE.
    Right. Its not about ignoring different viewpoints, its about ignoring the shit that goes beyond the fray.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Right. Its not about ignoring different viewpoints, its about ignoring the shit that goes beyond the fray.
    LOL, except when a shitbrick goes beyond the frey to make a point to someone that is on his ignore list!

This feature is a very good for shitbricks to have an excuse not to reply to something that they have posted when convenient for them......

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Post The roof is leaking all over the place$

The wood got wet. it expanded.

Greenboard is a term that's occasionally used for a type of drywall that is used for walls
    in damp but not wet zones in a building. Originally, greenboard was used as a direct backer
    board for ceramic tile in highly wet areas such as showers or bathtubs but this usage began
    to be phased out in the 1990s.Dec 10, 2020

f4de3925a593f268f8a31389b7770d37.jpg

Mold is a type of fungus. These small organisms can be black, white, orange, green,
    or purple and live almost anywhere indoors and outside. Molds thrive on moisture and
    reproduce through lightweight spores that travel through the air. You're exposed to mold
    every day. They're usually harmless in small amounts.

Baseboard heating - Recessed lighting

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Werewolf What do you see? Confusion

He's tired and had it. Not getting what he normally gets.

Well, I was on my way home
    From Woodgrain station
    He stopped me in the middle of the road
    He was a big black dog, whinin' along
    He said, "You better do what you told"
    I jumped back, rather astounded
    I never heard a dog could speak

As sad as the whole situation is. The women the dog the husband. The rent!

best-snow-plow-brands-1024x360.jpg

He's throwing the curveball and they're all dodging the
    disfunction in the home that comes from the adults.

The kid has now become screwy.

I brake my back and now they call the phuzz on me and I get locked up. The backbone is no more. How do you fix it?$?$
    Last edited by ParachuteAdams; 02-13-2021 at 07:40 PM.

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ParachuteAdams View Post
    He's tired and had it. Not getting what he normally gets.

Well, I was on my way home
    From Woodgrain station
    He stopped me in the middle of the road
    He was a big black dog, whinin' along
    He said, "You better do what you told"
    I jumped back, rather astounded
    I never heard a dog could speak

As sad as the whole situation is. The women the dog the husband. The rent!

best-snow-plow-brands-1024x360.jpg

He's throwing the curveball and they're all dodging the
    disfunction in the home that comes from the adults.

The kid has now become screwy.

I brake my back and now they call the phuzz on me and I get locked up. The backbone is no more. How do you fix it?$?$

You race bmx?

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Susan Orsega Surgeon General of the United States

I was at the fight. I got the tickets for free.

NO!

14. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    Thus spake Toby.
    IMHO this is as true today as it was when it was said several years ago, POST #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Sometimes it is the actions and not the views that somebody wants to "ignore"... In fact, most times it is such.
    I've read countless announcements of ppl putting someone on ignore, not once was it for their views, but rather their actions
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

15. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts