Members banned from this thread: RockX


Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 90 of 90

Thread: The best part of the ignore feature

  1. #76 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,317
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 71 Times in 70 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Hi everyone! My name is Juan and I’m going to teach you how to dance.
    Now come on everyone. Juan, two, three with me.




    HART ISLAND


  2. #77 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,317
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 71 Times in 70 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default I work with him.

    Lox is a fillet of brined salmon, that may or may not be smoked. Lox is frequently served on a bagel with cream cheese, and often garnished with tomato, sliced onion, cucumbers, and capers.



    Gefilte fish is a dish made from a poached mixture of ground deboned fish, such as carp, whitefish, or pike. It is traditionally served as an appetizer by Ashkenazi Jewish households. Popular on Shabbat and Jewish holidays such as Passover, it may be consumed throughout the year.



    Is there anyway we can get in? Just in case of a emergency. This is what I see.

  3. #78 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,317
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 71 Times in 70 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Thats some choreography. I bet she’ll make a hell of a firefighter.


  4. #79 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,789
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 83 Times in 81 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toby View Post
    The ignore feature is stupid. Why come to a discussion board and ignore what is being said? Because you don't like what is being said? Are your beliefs so weak they can't stand any debate? NEVERMIND! lol
    the ignore feature is bullshit because I am still notified when people I ignore reply to me

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zymurgy For This Post:

    Matt Dillon (01-04-2022), Primavera (01-10-2022)

  6. #80 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    31,240
    Thanks
    1,753
    Thanked 7,970 Times in 6,487 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 331 Times in 319 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParachuteAdams View Post
    Thats some choreography. I bet she’ll make a hell of a firefighter.

    The lighting is fucking annoying.
    FAUCI FUCKED US HARD.

  7. #81 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    18,159
    Thanks
    10,479
    Thanked 4,921 Times in 4,091 Posts
    Groans
    393
    Groaned 167 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    We come here for different reasons.
    I'm not PoliTalker.
    I don't come here expecting civil debate, just like I don't go to the butcher shop to buy a new suit.

    I come here to vent, so whether or not anybody reads or responds to my posts is largely irrelevant.
    I can't go out on the street and start screaming obscenities and threats at anyone with a Trump sign on his lawn.
    I'd like to, but we have police in this community, and when they're not at Dunkin Donuts, they actually do their jobs (without even murdering black people).

    So I come to extend my cyber middle finger at the trumpanzees over here.
    It's not very rewarding or satisfying, unfortunately, but it's something, and being a retired senior, I have time on my hands.

    The ignore feature hides my targets, so I don't use it.
    Those with the Pollyanna goal of seeking civil conversation might, on the other hand, find it useful.
    Your ignore list is as long as my forearm, you snowflake pussy!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

    Primavera (01-10-2022)

  9. #82 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Posts
    31,561
    Thanks
    5,050
    Thanked 16,631 Times in 12,512 Posts
    Groans
    127
    Groaned 324 Times in 311 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Your ignore list is as long as my forearm, you snowflake pussy!
    He claims it is, anyways...
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

    Matt Dillon (01-05-2022), McRocket (01-10-2022)

  11. #83 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    18,159
    Thanks
    10,479
    Thanked 4,921 Times in 4,091 Posts
    Groans
    393
    Groaned 167 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    He claims it is, anyways...

    It appears he claims a lot of contradictory things. Now what would one call a person like that? Hmm..let's see here..

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

    RB 60 (01-05-2022)

  13. #84 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    1,200
    Thanks
    585
    Thanked 286 Times in 234 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 15 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    We come here for different reasons.
    I'm not PoliTalker.
    I don't come here expecting civil debate, just like I don't go to the butcher shop to buy a new suit.

    I come here to vent, so whether or not anybody reads or responds to my posts is largely irrelevant.
    I can't go out on the street and start screaming obscenities and threats at anyone with a Trump sign on his lawn.
    I'd like to, but we have police in this community, and when they're not at Dunkin Donuts, they actually do their jobs (without even murdering black people).

    So I come to extend my cyber middle finger at the trumpanzees over here.
    It's not very rewarding or satisfying, unfortunately, but it's something, and being a retired senior, I have time on my hands.

    The ignore feature hides my targets, so I don't use it.
    Those with the Pollyanna goal of seeking civil conversation might, on the other hand, find it useful.
    You do realize that you just admitted that you basically come here to troll?

    'troll verb [I or T] (ANNOY)

    informal
    to leave an insulting or offensive message on the internet in order to upset someone, or to get attention or cause trouble:'

    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/.../english/troll

    You seem to have above average intelligence and knowledge.

    Surely there are better/cooler/more constructive ways than trolling to blow off your anger/frustration?
    Last edited by McRocket; 01-10-2022 at 11:51 PM.

  14. #85 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    11,316
    Thanks
    1,267
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 3,555 Posts
    Groans
    20
    Groaned 535 Times in 507 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McRocket View Post
    You do realize that you just admitted that you basically come here to troll?

    'troll verb [I or T] (ANNOY)

    informal
    to leave an insulting or offensive message on the internet in order to upset someone, or to get attention or cause trouble:'

    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/.../english/troll

    You seem to have above average intelligence and knowledge.

    Surely there are better/cooler/more constructive ways than trolling to blow off your anger/frustration?
    Not an accurate assessment, but perhaps an easy mistake to make..

    Trolling is to annoy others.
    Venting is to relieve oneself.

    I assume that everybody who strongly dislikes my post has me on ignore, but if they don't, that option is available to them.
    I have over sixty people on ignore myself.

    I vent to satisfy me, not to annoy you.
    For me, JPP is a forum more for monologue than dialogue.
    Very few have actual joint discourse with me.
    Most of the subscribers who do read my posts regularly understand this.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848

  15. #86 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    1,200
    Thanks
    585
    Thanked 286 Times in 234 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 15 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Not an accurate assessment, but perhaps an easy mistake to make..

    Trolling is to annoy others.
    Venting is to relieve oneself.

    I assume that everybody who strongly dislikes my post has me on ignore, but if they don't, that option is available to them.
    I have over sixty people on ignore myself.

    I vent to satisfy me, not to annoy you.
    For me, JPP is a forum more for monologue than dialogue.
    Very few have actual joint discourse with me.
    Most of the subscribers who do read my posts regularly understand this.
    Okay.
    I must say your answers have a more refreshing air to them then most.

    But anyway you typed earlier:

    'So I come to extend my cyber middle finger at the trumpanzees over here.'

    And once again, the definition of a troll that I posted above was;
    'to leave an insulting or offensive message on the internet in order to upset someone, or to get attention or cause trouble:''

    If you just enter a thread and give the verbal 'finger' to someone?
    Clearly you are doing it to irritate/upset them.
    You find satisfaction in the knowledge that you have irritated someone whom you find irritating.
    Why else would you do it?

    Sorry man...by definition?
    That IS troll behavior.
    That is not me judging it...that is the definition.

  16. #87 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    11,316
    Thanks
    1,267
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 3,555 Posts
    Groans
    20
    Groaned 535 Times in 507 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McRocket View Post
    Okay.
    I must say your answers have a more refreshing air to them then most.

    But anyway you typed earlier:

    'So I come to extend my cyber middle finger at the trumpanzees over here.'

    And once again, the definition of a troll that I posted above was;
    'to leave an insulting or offensive message on the internet in order to upset someone, or to get attention or cause trouble:''

    If you just enter a thread and give the verbal 'finger' to someone?
    Clearly you are doing it to irritate/upset them.
    You find satisfaction in the knowledge that you have irritated someone whom you find irritating.
    Why else would you do it?

    Sorry man...by definition?
    That IS troll behavior.
    That is not me judging it...that is the definition.
    I appreciate your point, but I don't see it that way.

    Flashing my middle finger at them makes me feel better.
    I have no idea if they even see it or not.
    If they do, I can't imagine that they give too much of a fuck about it.
    It's to make me feel better with no considration of them whatsoever.

    I constantly unload on PoliTalker whose posts have the effect of trolling on me.
    But I know that he/she/it has me on ignore. Thus, it's obviously for my amusement, not his/her/its consternation.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

    McRocket (01-11-2022)

  18. #88 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    1,200
    Thanks
    585
    Thanked 286 Times in 234 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 15 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    I appreciate your point, but I don't see it that way.

    Flashing my middle finger at them makes me feel better.
    I have no idea if they even see it or not.
    If they do, I can't imagine that they give too much of a fuck about it.
    It's to make me feel better with no considration of them whatsoever.

    I constantly unload on PoliTalker whose posts have the effect of trolling on me.
    But I know that he/she/it has me on ignore. Thus, it's obviously for my amusement, not his/her/its consternation.
    You do things that you know could cause others harm?
    And yet you have ZERO?
    Absolutely no consideration of your actions as to how they may affect others?

    I am afraid that what you are describing is a personality disorder.

    https://www.healthyplace.com/persona...lity-disorders

    No offense intended.
    Last edited by McRocket; 01-11-2022 at 05:09 AM.

  19. #89 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    11,316
    Thanks
    1,267
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 3,555 Posts
    Groans
    20
    Groaned 535 Times in 507 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McRocket View Post
    You do things that you know could cause others harm?
    And yet you have ZERO?
    Absolutely no consideration of your actions as to how they may affect others?

    I am afraid that what you are describing is a personality disorder.

    https://www.healthyplace.com/persona...lity-disorders

    No offense intended.
    None taken. I didn't draw my own blueprint. Nobody does.
    I'm not concerned about doing harm to internet characters with anonymous user names.
    Nor are they concerned about doing harm to me.
    We're not people here. We're just a bunch of ones and zeroes.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848

  20. #90 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,317
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 71 Times in 70 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Everyone starts the same way.

    For youth hockey there’s no more than two strides allowed per check.

    https://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0076/3731/Checking_Manual_FINAL.pdf



    charging, carrying, walking, double dribble, goal tending


Similar Threads

  1. love the new feature...
    By Jarod in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 03:07 PM
  2. where did the ignore feature go?
    By BRUTALITOPS in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 11:03 AM
  3. If I added a blog feature...
    By Damocles in forum Announcements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 12:24 PM
  4. A modest proposal for a new feature to Damo
    By FUCK THE POLICE in forum Introductions, User Announcements, Suggestions and General Board Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 01:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •