Members banned from this thread: Cypress, The Anonymous, evince, zappasguitar, moon, CFM, domer76, archives, Nomad, Micawber, Mason Michaels, ThatOwlWoman, Jade Dragon, Troll, PoliTalker, Guno צְבִי, Jack, NiftyNiblick, jimmymccready, Adolf_Twitler, StoneByStone, Part Multi 313 and Gonzomin

Thread: Why Do Conservatives Hate Immigrants So Much?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Why Do Conservatives Hate Immigrants So Much?

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    They say immigrants are ruining the economy.

How can that be?

The economy is fine.

Makes no sense.

They say immigrants are taking American jobs.

Hello.

Unemployment is very very low.

Anybody who wants work can find it.

And after all, every conservative will tell you. If you don't think you are being paid enough for what you do, you are totally free to go out and get a better job.

All of those billionaires are heroes, right? - because they are self-made-men who were born poor and lifted themselves up by the bootstraps, right? Worked their way up from nothing, right?

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

All you have to do is work hard enough and one day you'll be rich, too, right?

Immigrants are people who only want to work hard, contribute to our economy, build a good life. Just like anybody else.

And statistics show they commit crimes at a lessor rate than natural-born Americans.

BUT!

And this is a big "but."

Every demagogue needs to have a boogie-man.

Somebody to hate.

Somebody to blame. (worked for Mussolini)

Trump told you to hate immigrants, so that's what you're doing.

You're letting Trump tell you what to believe.

Do you realize how stupid that is.

He HIRES THEM.

He MARRIED ONE. (Actually TWO...) (Likes those foreign models)

Silly conservatives.

The country was BUILT by immigrants.

What kind of Americans ARE you?

From The New Colossus, on the Statue Of Liberty:

""Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" "
    You've failed (again) to know the difference between immigration and ILLEGAL immigration.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

gfm7175 (06-18-2019), PostmodernProphet (06-18-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Hi Politalker.

The first thing I'd point out is that you fail to differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants. It's something liberals and people who support illegal immigration typically do. It's dishonest and it doesn't fool anyone. Virtually no conservatives have any problem whatsoever with legal immigrants.

I agree, the economy is better than fine under president Trump's leadership. And unemployment is very low under president Trump's leadership. But your statement: "If you don't think you are being paid enough for what you do, you are totally free to go out and get a better job." Illustrates part of the problem. Illegal immigrants are often willing to work for lower wages than US citizens. They shouldn't be here in the first place, but they can drive down wages for everyone who competes for the same type of jobs. Like people with low education levels, ie the working poor. You know, the ones liberals are always claiming to care about.

Trump never told anyone to hate immigrants legal or illegal. Your contention that he did is either a lie or an unintentional misstatement of fact. Your own statement that Trump married an immigrant should make it obvious to you that he doesn't hate them.

What kind of American am I? I'm the kind who supports controlling our borders. I'm the kind who welcomes people who follow the process and want to assimilate and become Americans. Not people who want to come here and utilize all the benefits of being an American while not embracing our values and culture. And not people who want to come here to be parasites on the hardworking taxpayers. I'm the kind of American who loves this country, even though I acknowledge it has some pretty terrible stuff in its past. I'm also the kind of American who recognizes that a poem on a statue is a nice thing, but it is not public policy doctrine. What kind of American are you?
    He's not the only one that's unable to understand the difference between the two; because several JPP liberals have tried the same technique.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

gfm7175 (06-18-2019), Sirthinksalot (06-18-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    So are you admitting that there are certain races you don't want immigrating to America?
    What races??

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Hmong. There's a Hmong diaspora throughout SE Asia. Apparently they supported the U.S. during the Vietnam War and they're still oppressed. I think they get a free pass to the U.S. I've seen a few Laotians but lots of Hmong here. They seem to have a big Hmong population in Minnesota and around Sacramento too.
    Didn't a lot of them also settle in Texas?

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,496 Times in 7,584 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Didn't a lot of them also settle in Texas?
    I don't know. I know they have big extended families and up here they go to Sacramento and Minnesota to see kin.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    I don't know. I know they have big extended families and up here they go to Sacramento and Minnesota to see kin.
    I seem to remember something, from many years ago, about protests by fishing companies complaining that those that resettled were causing their businesses away.

I don't remember if it was Texas and may have been Alaska.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Yes, there are many here & they are the biggest ethnic group (there are around 100 ethnic groups recognized in Laos) inside Laos, besides the Lao themselves... Reagan made them & those fleeing Vietnam as some kind of special type so entire families/clans have come.. Our Mayor in Elk Grove is Hmong..

So they are not doing to well there??
    But weren't they brought here; because the alternative was pretty much the same as threatening them to death by the North Vietnamese, since many of then were our allies?

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,858 Times in 3,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    You've failed (again) to know the difference between immigration and ILLEGAL immigration.
    Precisely. PoliTalker also fails to understand that the USA cannot sustain every single person across the whole globe who wishes to immigrate, seek asylum, mooch off of us, etc. etc... We, as a sovereign nation, have the ability to control who comes in; we don't have to accept everyone, or even ANYONE for that matter.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (06-18-2019)