Members banned from this thread: tinfoil, Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl, lisasanders1964 and Vasquezrocks

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do Conservatives Hate Immigrants So Much?

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,861 Times in 3,140 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello gfm7175,

Coal is already more expensive than solar. Unlimited clean energy is getting cheaper and cheaper as dirty fossil fuels become increasingly expensive.
    No, it's not. If it was, then everybody would be using solar instead. Solar has to be heavily subsidized in order to make it even semi-competitive...

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    No, it's not. If it was, then everybody would be using solar instead. Solar has to be heavily subsidized in order to make it even semi-competitive...
    Nope. The infrastructure has to be built and panels have to be installed. Coal is heavily subsidized. https://www.taxpayer.net/energy-natu...-of-subsidies/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-19-2019)

4. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good morning gfm7175,

No, it's not. If it was, [solar cheaper than coal] then everybody would be using solar instead.
    Give it time. Change doesn't come instantly. And there is strong resistance and denial to be overcome.

Solar has to be heavily subsidized in order to make it even semi-competitive...
    Coal is dirty and unsustainable. But it is in place. That is the only thing keeping coal going. There is a reason no new coal plants are being built.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    correct
    Now if they happen to be from Somalia I will take an extra hard look at their credentials.
    I've had to deal with Somalis and they are not very pleasant folks. Even other Africans I've encountered do not like Somalis.

Same with Samoans especially when it comes to payment for services. I have them pay up front. I get burned virtually every time by them when I don't have them pay beforhand.
    I appreciate your consideration for people but would caution against stereotypes. Business policy should ideally be general and apply equally. Prejudice is a recipe for problems.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello StoneByStone,

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Who refuses to? Which people from which culture said they refuse to become American?

I would say the answer is all non-white peoples, since non-white people never become American. But if this isn't about race, then what is it about?
    People. That's what it is about.

Racism is over-simplification.

The world is more complex than racists assume.

There are good people of all races, and bad as well.

7. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

It appears that way.
    I think he does but I have to support him in spite of that. He wants to enforce existing immigration laws and he has a plan for Dreamers. There are virtually no republicans that have a spine and dims are for open borders, although they don't come right out and say that. Well, some, uh many, do. E.g., California dims.
    You should have more respect for your fellow Americans.

8. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,509 Times in 7,590 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

I appreciate your consideration for people but would caution against stereotypes. Business policy should ideally be general and apply equally. Prejudice is a recipe for problems.
    Ideally, but I know from experience. Not learning from experience is a recipe for problems. I've been in business long enough that mine runs like a well oiled machine.

9. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Race and illegal immigrants are two completely different things to me. I already stated how my wife is German and we had to jump thru a lot of hoops for her to get her permanent visa. We had to hire a lawyer. We had to have an interview with INS showing letters, photos, emails sent to each other, etc. just to prove we had a relationship and that I wasn't marrying her only to get her in the country. If my wife doesn't renew her visa her employer sends her home without pay until she gets it validated. This actually happened once when she forgot to renew it. (she's still a German citizen.)
    Yet you think it's OK for basket weavers to jump the border or flood the border with their kids and they can stay to collect Medicaid, SNAP and subsidized housing.
    Why hold back? You resent anybody who utilizes those assistance programs, right? The poor have nobody to blame but themselves, right?

You assumed wrong. It's about the rule of law . And our immigration laws are no more strict than most if not all other industrialized countries.
    Yes, but most other industrialized nations don't have destructive policy which creates their own immigration problems. Why can't we deal with the source of the problem instead of the symptoms? We can't legislate our way around reality.

10. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello StoneByStone,

It's not that I think illegal immigration is ok, it's that if the illegals were white, it wouldn't be that big of a deal to me. If anything, I think your story shows that our immigration laws are way too strict for white immigrants.
    I prefer legal immigration, but if some white immigrants came here illegally, eh. It's a deal, but not a big deal.

Now if you don't care about race, why are you so against illegal immigration? Why not be in favor of making legal immigration easier?
    Our nation's forefathers came here without following immigration law. If they didn't do that, there would be no USA.

11. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,509 Times in 7,590 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Why hold back? You resent anybody who utilizes those assistance programs, right?
    Wrong. Only illegals that are here illegally and those on Medicaid that somehow can afford to spend $900/mo. on cigarettes.

12. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello StoneByStone,

And it's the same situation in America. Blacks, Jews, Mestizos, and American Indians have all been here longer than most white ethnicities, yet they never integrated.
    The truth is that integration only works when it's between immigrants and a country of the same race. A Norwegian can become an Italian, but a Nigerian can't.
    I have heard blacks in the UK who cannot be distinguished from whites. They are affluent productive members of society.

13. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello StoneByStone,

Marrying someone of a difference race doesn't always mean you integrated into the society. Obama's father is an example of that.
    And the reason Latinos are the most likely to marry out of race is because Latino isn't a race. Globalists will sometimes point out how common marriages between American Whites and Latinos are, but most of these Latinos are white, not Mestizo.
    And really, if people integrated naturally, would the government be trying to force integration?
    Yes, because it takes an organized society to stamp out racism. It's not going to just go away by itself. Like poverty, the problem of racism is cross-generational.

14. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello StoneByStone,

So I'm not one of these conspiracy nuts who thinks that Obama was a secret Muslim Communist who only became president so he could destroy the country from the inside. However, he definitely identified as black and saw himself as a racial outsider in America. He chose to go to a racial church that taught Black Liberation Theology. What's especially striking about that is Obama barely had the black experience. He didn't grow up poor in an inner city where he was surrounded by drugs and gangs. He had a privileged middle-class life in Hawaii and went to a really good college. And STILL he didn't see himself as American.
    Wrong. He sees himself as a very proud American, has dedicated his life to studying the US Constitution.

15. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello StoneByStone,

It's a pretty big coincidence that the people who can't integrate into America all just happen to be non-white.
    I don't think that is the case. More like a few hundred years of oppression tends to set families on a different path.

16. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Ideally, but I know from experience. Not learning from experience is a recipe for problems. I've been in business long enough that mine runs like a well oiled machine.
    Same claim Trump makes about his administration. You believe Trump?