Members banned from this thread: tinfoil, Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl, lisasanders1964 and Vasquezrocks

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do Conservatives Hate Immigrants So Much?

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,781 Times in 3,068 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    White Trash is what Conservatives have become,from Trump on down.
    Compositional Error with people as the class and skin color as the trait... Racism. I am not interested in your racism.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Your President is a criminal!
    What crime(s) has he committed?

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,608 Times in 9,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Compositional Error with people as the class and skin color as the trait... Racism. I am not interested in your racism.
    Who the fuck are you?
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What crime(s) has he committed?
    I think you mean convicted of!
    He committed Rape,Treason,Tax Evasion,thief,etc,etc
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I think you mean convicted of!
    He committed Rape,Treason,Tax Evasion,thief,etc,etc
    Great... Link me to the court proceedings regarding those charges where he has indeed been found guilty...

Oh, that's right... You can't, since you're making stuff up...

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Great... Link me to the court proceedings regarding those charges where he has indeed been found guilty...

Oh, that's right... You can't, since you're making stuff up...
    Did OJ kill his wife?
    Trump is a unconvicted felon,but his day is coming!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-18-2019)

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

When it comes to being descendants of immigrants, the hypocrite CONservatives must hate themselves as America is a nation of immigrants.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gemini104104 For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-18-2019)

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Who the fuck are you?
    Does it matter?

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Did OJ kill his wife?
    Trump is a unconvicted felon,but his day is coming!
    You just said that he was convicted... Now you're saying that he hasn't been convicted... Can't make up your mind, can you...

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Your President is a criminal!
    So i keep hearing. Of course the proof of our past president actually being a crook is starting to pour in.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Mason Michaels (06-18-2019)

14. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Celticguy,

Paying hush money was done for the purpose of influencing an election, thus it becomes a political expense. I think you are smarter than your comment suggested, so trying to divert the convo by playing dumb is obtuse. Certainly, if you don't like where the convo is headed, it becomes appealing to try to steer it toward a dead end. I just grabbed the wheel before you could drive us into the ditch. You're welcome.
    Please tell me you limbered up beforethat stretch !
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good afternoon gfm7175,

Thanks for your thoughts.

They [conservatives] don't. [hate immigrants]
    Sure seems like they do. Trump gets lots of traction making false derogatory claims about migrants.

Illegal immigrants are having a negative effect upon it. [the economy]
    Then why is the economy doing so well despite them?

Because they are siphoning off our own resources from us even though they aren't citizens.
    Some do that but most work very hard, often paying taxes which are never refunded. The US treasury realizes a net gain from undocumented immigrants.

Trump has done a damn good job with it, [the economy] even with all the resistance he has faced from both parties.
    Balderdash. He inherited an expanding economy, took credit for it, then signed off on a disastrous tax cut for the rich which has the deficit spiraling out of control. The economy is propped up on debt, and destined to crash.

Trump has done a damn good job in providing a business friendly environment.
    Profit-friendly for management, to be precise. That does not translate into enough good solid well-paying jobs with benefits to rebuild the middle class, which is being decimated. As some transcend into wealth, many are lowered. Wealth inequality is growing more extreme, a recipe for looming economic disaster. Not a long-term solution.

Correct. [Anyone can be rich if they work hard enough] You are even free to start your own business too! But, we must also bear in mind that we are all individuals with individual talents... Some people are simply more talented than others, and were meant for greater things than others, and they will naturally make more money. That's just the way it is.
    Way to refute your own argument. So everyone cannot be CEO. There do need to be people to work jobs all along the economic strata. I would also submit this: A great nation would ensure that even those who work at the very bottom of the economic strata do not live in poverty.

Also, universal health care would lead to FAR more entrepreneurship. MANY decide not to try to start a business because of the cost of health care and the way it is tied to employment.

Some of them are... [heroes] Others inherited their wealth. [Billionaires like Trump] Additional others got rich by screwing other people. [Such as Trump]
    It has been said, and I do believe it is absolutely true, that Trump would be richer today if he had simply taken everything he inherited and invested it in wise low risk market-indexed funds instead of trying to work. He lost so much money it is possible he is the greatest: - at losing money!

Not necessarily. See my above bit about individual ability.
    We are actually in agreement on this, which goes against what was said at the 2016 RNC, that anyone in America can be rich if they just apply themselves and work hard enough. That was total baloney. Everyone knows the deck is stacked against outsiders breaking into the big money set. It's called the Class War.

Some are, some aren't. I'm all for immigrants who want to live under our Constitution and contribute to our great nation. I am NOT for immigrants who illegally come into our nation and wish not to follow our laws/contribute to our country/etc.
    If we make it easier to come into America legally and work hard to contribute to the nation, we can make America greater.

What statistics? What's the methodology behind them?
    Can't recall where I saw it but it makes total sense. It is completely logical to understand that if your productive life depends on not being caught in the country by authorities who would deport you, that you make darn sure you don't get picked up for committing any crimes. You want to lay low and stay off the radar.

That [Demagoguery] describes basically every single politician across the world... Not sure what your point is here...
    Totally wrong. President Obama was no demagogue. Neither is Bernie or Elizabeth Warren or Marianne Williamson.

He [Trump] never told people to hate immigrants. Quote please?? You're just making stuff up at this point...
    People are supposed to love immigrants after Trump says they are bringing crime and drugs?

Nope. I make up my own mind about stuff; I don't believe stuff because someone tells me to believe it.
    I appreciate that you do think for yourself but I don't believe you realize how much of your thinking is influenced by conservative propaganda.

Seems like he doesn't actually "hate" them [immigrants] at all then, right?? He's hiring them and marrying them, after all... Kinda destroys your own argument, doesn't it??
    Many husbands have no respect for their wives nor their employees. Especially those who are obsessed with money, profits and power. The one thing Trump can never buy is the respect of most of the nation.

Yup... We took it over from the Indians and built it into what it is today...
    An old Indian commented: 'We had a great life. Hunt and fish all day. Women do all the cleaning and cooking. Leave it to white man to come in with 'progress' and screw that all up.'

North Americans
    If you identify as North American, that includes Mexico and Canada, both of whom are disparaged by US conservatives.

Your point??
    In posting part of the New Colossus made famous by it's placement on the Statue of Liberty, it exemplifies the absurdity of Trump claiming that by excluding desperately needy immigrants he is going to make America great when the nation was built by those who came here with nothing but a desire to work and build something. Trump's hatred of immigrants is the height of hypocrisy. He is not making America great. What he is doing is making wealth inequality great.

We, as a country, have the ability to control who comes into our country. We don't have to accept every single person who wants to be a citizen, or wants asylum, or wants to escape whatever situation or wants to mooch off of us or whatever... We, as a country, can only support so many people. We are already at a point where I am not going to see a single penny of Social Security and etc... An endless supply of immigrants (especially illegal ones) simply isn't the answer, and will only makes things worse...
    Actually, you should consider that by allowing more workers into the country there will be more people paying into the Social Security System, which will ensure it's viability. The problem with Social Security is the end of the baby boom. Too few workers paying into the system to support the retirees. We need more young people entering the work force. And guess what? They are waiting on our southern border to do just that. Letting them in to work solves two huge problems. Now, if you want to initially tax them heavily as a sort of 'initiation fee' for joining our 'club,' I am fine with that. Make them work for it. I have a feeling they would relish the opportunity and seize it with fervor.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

16. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Then why are we accepting them ?
    Because of this we have reintroduced diseases that were eradicated years ago.
    Obviously somebody said so.
    If we are accepting them then Trump is letting you down.

Why are you not upset with him for that?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

17. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

BEAUTIFULLY said, good sir! You hit the nail on the head here.
    It was a whiff which could have powered a thousand wind turbines.

18. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    So i keep hearing. Of course the proof of our past president actually being a crook is starting to pour in.
    Nixon?