Members banned from this thread: tinfoil, Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl, lisasanders1964 and Vasquezrocks

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do Conservatives Hate Immigrants So Much?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello StoneByStone,

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Speaking as an actual Ethnic Nationalist, most of us don't hate people of other races, I certainly don't. We just know that societies function a lot better with less minorities.
    No, we don't know that.

As a matter of fact, we have built this nation with a lot of diversity.

And it's not like it was uninhabited when the first Europeans showed up.

WWII might have gone quite differently without the code-talkers.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Gonzomin,

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    They hate immigrants because they cannot openly hate blacks anymore.
    Trump has sent mixed messages about that.

"Very fine people on both sides", indeed.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Celticguy,

That's obtuse.

But it does rather plainly indicate an effort to totally give Trump a free pass, no matter what.
    You say $ to Stormy is an unreported political campaign donation and I ask what Stormy was running for. And you find me obtuse ? I find that silly.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    I assume it has to do with immigrants that tend to come from countries that end up being welfare dependent. I know that's what he's trying to crack down on.
    I suspect professional basket weavers with families generally get on Medicaid, SNAP, and subsidized housing so they suck off the system more than contribute. That's my guess.
    That's a wrong guess. Immigrants contribute to our economy and pay more revenue than they utilize. Lazy people don't walk thousands of miles.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,781 Times in 3,068 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Why Do Conservatives Hate Immigrants So Much?
    They don't.

They say immigrants are ruining the economy.
    Illegal immigrants are having a negative effect upon it.

How can that be?
    Because they are siphoning off our own resources from us even though they aren't citizens.

The economy is fine.
    Correct. Trump has done a damn good job with it, even with all the resistance he has faced from both parties.

Makes no sense.
    Yes, it does.

They say immigrants are taking American jobs.
    They are.

Hello.
    Hello.

Unemployment is very very low.
    Yes, it is. Trump has done a damn good job in providing a business friendly environment.

Anybody who wants work can find it.
    Correct.

And after all, every conservative will tell you. If you don't think you are being paid enough for what you do, you are totally free to go out and get a better job.
    Correct. You are even free to start your own business too! But, we must also bear in mind that we are all individuals with individual talents... Some people are simply more talented than others, and were meant for greater things than others, and they will naturally make more money. That's just the way it is.

All of those billionaires are heroes, right? - because they are self-made-men who were born poor and lifted themselves up by the bootstraps, right? Worked their way up from nothing, right?
    Some of them are... Others inherited their wealth.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.
    ????????????

All you have to do is work hard enough and one day you'll be rich, too, right?
    Not necessarily. See my above bit about individual ability.

Immigrants are people who only want to work hard, contribute to our economy, build a good life. Just like anybody else.
    Some are, some aren't. I'm all for immigrants who want to live under our Constitution and contribute to our great nation. I am NOT for immigrants who illegally come into our nation and wish not to follow our laws/contribute to our country/etc.

And statistics show they commit crimes at a lessor rate than natural-born Americans.
    What statistics? What's the methodology behind them?

BUT!

And this is a big "but."

Every demagogue needs to have a boogie-man.

Somebody to hate.

Somebody to blame. (worked for Mussolini)
    That describes basically every single politician across the world... Not sure what your point is here...

Trump told you to hate immigrants, so that's what you're doing.
    He never told people to hate immigrants. Quote please?? You're just making stuff up at this point...

You're letting Trump tell you what to believe.
    Nope. I make up my own mind about stuff; I don't believe stuff because someone tells me to believe it.

Do you realize how stupid that is.
    Yes.

He HIRES THEM.
    Correct.

He MARRIED ONE. (Actually TWO...) (Likes those foreign models)
    Correct.

Seems like he doesn't actually "hate" them at all then, right?? He's hiring them and marrying them, after all... Kinda destroys your own argument, doesn't it??

Silly conservatives.
    Silly PoliTalker...

The country was BUILT by immigrants.
    Yup... We took it over from the Indians and built it into what it is today...

What kind of Americans ARE you?
    North Americans.

From The New Colossus, on the Statue Of Liberty:

""Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" "
    Your point??

We, as a country, have the ability to control who comes into our country. We don't have to accept every single person who wants to be a citizen, or wants asylum, or wants to escape whatever situation or wants to mooch off of us or whatever... We, as a country, can only support so many people. We are already at a point where I am not going to see a single penny of Social Security and etc... An endless supply of immigrants (especially illegal ones) simply isn't the answer, and will only makes things worse...

6. The Following User Groans At gfm7175 For This Awful Post:

Gonzomin (06-18-2019)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

anonymoose (06-18-2019), Sirthinksalot (06-18-2019)

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    But we're not talking about letting in the governments, we're talking about the people. It seems like he's saying he doesn't want to let in black and brown people, because they'll drag the country towards shitholedom.
    You know there are Latin immigrants who start businesses, hire workers, and pay taxes, right?

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Nobody is saying we have to accept disease.

Stop making things up.
    Then why are we accepting them ?
    Because of this we have reintroduced diseases that were eradicated years ago.
    Obviously somebody said so.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Sirthinksalot,

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Hi Politalker. Well, that was quite an oversimplification that simultaneously failed to acknowledge a difference between legal and illegal immigrants. You also managed to miss the point. I want every American to have every opportunity to be successful.
    Everybody should be CEO, yes. Who will actually be working for them remains a mystery, but yes. Everybody should be CEO. Everybody should be fabulously rich. Then there would be nothing to argue about and all would be at peace.

If individual Americans don't become successful, that is unfortunate. But they shouldn't have to compete for jobs with people who shouldn't be here in the first place.
    And after all. The Caucasians deserve to be here because they properly took the place by force, right?

And again, you refuse to acknowledge that Trump was referring to SOME illegal immigrants.
    Either the world missed the part where Trump said: "SOME OF THEM are bringing crime, bringing drugs," or you are reading that into it.

No law says they must embrace our culture and values. However, there are lots of places in the world with values that don't mesh with ours. I, as an individual, don't want people from such places to come here unless they want to embrace our culture and more importantly, values.
    Immigrants are required to follow American laws, just like the domestics. Morality is not required, and neither is it required of the domestics. Just ask Trump's Great America friend and advisor Roger Stone.

I hold the same contempt for American citizens who are able to work but choose not to as I do for people who want to come here illegally and live off of the taxpayers.
    It is very popular among the successful to blame the poor for their own condition. A wonderful mechanism for easing a troubled conscience.

This last comment was just sad. I'm glad you love America, but you then launched into a vicious attack on a poor, defenseless straw man to slime Trump. And the claim that "Russia helped Trump get elected" has been thoroughly debunked.
    I didn't expect you to appreciate that comment, but it needed to be said. And the Mueller Report proves that Russian helped Trump get elected. Hello. Everything in the Report is supported by evidence.

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,781 Times in 3,068 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Hi Politalker.

The first thing I'd point out is that you fail to differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants. It's something liberals and people who support illegal immigration typically do. It's dishonest and it doesn't fool anyone. Virtually no conservatives have any problem whatsoever with legal immigrants.

I agree, the economy is better than fine under president Trump's leadership. And unemployment is very low under president Trump's leadership. But your statement: "If you don't think you are being paid enough for what you do, you are totally free to go out and get a better job." Illustrates part of the problem. Illegal immigrants are often willing to work for lower wages than US citizens. They shouldn't be here in the first place, but they can drive down wages for everyone who competes for the same type of jobs. Like people with low education levels, ie the working poor. You know, the ones liberals are always claiming to care about.

Trump never told anyone to hate immigrants legal or illegal. Your contention that he did is either a lie or an unintentional misstatement of fact. Your own statement that Trump married an immigrant should make it obvious to you that he doesn't hate them.

What kind of American am I? I'm the kind who supports controlling our borders. I'm the kind who welcomes people who follow the process and want to assimilate and become Americans. Not people who want to come here and utilize all the benefits of being an American while not embracing our values and culture. And not people who want to come here to be parasites on the hardworking taxpayers. I'm the kind of American who loves this country, even though I acknowledge it has some pretty terrible stuff in its past. I'm also the kind of American who recognizes that a poem on a statue is a nice thing, but it is not public policy doctrine. What kind of American are you?
    BEAUTIFULLY said, good sir! You hit the nail on the head here.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

Sirthinksalot (06-18-2019)

13. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Diseases? more fear mongering against immigrants, Like Trump talking about them being rapists. Has there ever been a sick person walking a thousand miles to infect poor generous Americans? You are in more danger from your neighborhood anti Vaxers. Immigrants have always been attacked as lesser peoples and scary and dangerous. It works well on some people. This is no different than how we attacked the Irish or Italian immigration in the past.
    These people are just looking for a better life for themselves and their children. That is how we all got here. https://www.history.com/news/when-am...refugee-crisis We never get to a higher better people if we hate.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-18-2019)

15. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,608 Times in 9,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

They say immigrants are ruining the economy.

How can that be?

The economy is fine.

Makes no sense.

They say immigrants are taking American jobs.

Hello.

Unemployment is very very low.

Anybody who wants work can find it.

And after all, every conservative will tell you. If you don't think you are being paid enough for what you do, you are totally free to go out and get a better job.

All of those billionaires are heroes, right? - because they are self-made-men who were born poor and lifted themselves up by the bootstraps, right? Worked their way up from nothing, right?

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

All you have to do is work hard enough and one day you'll be rich, too, right?

Immigrants are people who only want to work hard, contribute to our economy, build a good life. Just like anybody else.

And statistics show they commit crimes at a lessor rate than natural-born Americans.

BUT!

And this is a big "but."

Every demagogue needs to have a boogie-man.

Somebody to hate.

Somebody to blame. (worked for Mussolini)

Trump told you to hate immigrants, so that's what you're doing.

You're letting Trump tell you what to believe.

Do you realize how stupid that is.

He HIRES THEM.

He MARRIED ONE. (Actually TWO...) (Likes those foreign models)

Silly conservatives.

The country was BUILT by immigrants.

What kind of Americans ARE you?

From The New Colossus, on the Statue Of Liberty:

""Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" "
    White Trash is what Conservatives have become,from Trump on down.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,608 Times in 9,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Americans have an issue with illegal aliens because we respect the rule of law.
    Your President is a criminal!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have worked with quite a few people who came here legally. Not surprisingly, many of them expressed outrage that some people could simply sneak in when they had to pay fees and jump through hoops to stay here.
    That is entirely understandable. It indicates what we have known for a long time. Our immigration system needs to be overhauled just as much as our college education system.

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cinnabar,

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Trump panders to birthers aka...white supremacists and Nazi sympathizers. His remaining smoke and mirror supporters are Russkie trolls and bots.
    Don't forget the greedy rich. They totally support Trump because they believe he will make them richer. They care far more about increasing their own wealth than they do about other people.

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    You say $ to Stormy is an unreported political campaign donation and I ask what Stormy was running for. And you find me obtuse ? I find that silly.
    Paying hush money was done for the purpose of influencing an election, thus it becomes a political expense. I think you are smarter than your comment suggested, so trying to divert the convo by playing dumb is obtuse. Certainly, if you don't like where the convo is headed, it becomes appealing to try to steer it toward a dead end. I just grabbed the wheel before you could drive us into the ditch. You're welcome.